PDA

View Full Version : 2006 ralliart lancer brake light

lilrex
11-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Hi all, I have a 2006 ralliart lancer and my right brake light is apparently not working, but the left side is. So I purchased some new bulbs but am unsure of how to go about taking off the panels to replace said bulb. Can anyone here please help me with this matter?

slinkie
11-29-2010, 06:45 PM
open the trunk, the light may be covered with fabric or some other kind of cover. If it is fabric look along the whole top edge of the trunk interior for the fasteners (may have screws, or snaps, etc).

pull that back, pull the cover assembly off if there is one. on a lancer that year I'm guessing it will have a couple philips screws. hopefully you purchased the right bulb size, they should just pop out with a quarter/half turn, takes barely any effort so don't force them. then just pop in the new ones.

LMVantage
11-30-2010, 12:02 AM
^ On Lancers you don't need to go through all that. When you open the trunk you'll see there are two screws on the side of the taillight assembly beside the weather strip. Those are the only things holding it in place. Unscrew those and pull the assembly out to get access to everything. Takes 2 mins to swap bulbs. It's much, much easier than trying to pull out the trunk liner, which is a real pain on these cars.