PDA

View Full Version : Project 6-40

Toma
11-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Well fuck... winter, get a GF, and I get fat... fuck lol.

After my stint at a comfortable 232 last year, I managed to stop working out, started eating like a pig and pack on weight.

Had no idea how much, till I finally did go to the gym and stepped on the scales.... 249.4 yikes! That should put me at a gross 23 or so % bf.

So....why "6-40"? I want a 6-pack, my first ever, by my 40th birthday (March, 2011).

lets be real... I dont really want a 6-pack as in "ripped". I have a good midsection, I'll see a good enough "6-pack" at I'm sure, ~12% bodyfat...

Soooo.... goal 12%bf and ~220 pounds.

Atkins, low calorie after the first week, and back to the weights 4 times a week.

Supplementing with: Argnine/Ornithine, Maca, a good multi vitamin, Melatonin, L Carnitine, C, maybe Tribulus if I can find some cheap.

I have protein powder on very rare occasions, chocolate with heavy cream and frozen berries blended together.

I'm not really into taking pics of myself, but here is me last weekend in Vegas (im on the right)... I should of known I was getting fat, every picture of me, I am eating something!!

http://www.members.shaw.ca/dynomotive/wtf.jpg

Darkane
11-30-2010, 11:07 PM
with the Low carb approach, make sure Fats are kept high<er> to keep energy, mood and libido up.

Fats to consume:

Olive oil
Peanut Butter
Nuts
coconut Oil
Eggs (pro/fat)
Fish oils

You might want to google up Vitamin D, Zinc. Search them both for Testosterone.

They're both CHEAP, and will get your Hormones in line better then the MACA or Trib.

Get Vit D3, not just 'D'. Shoot for 2000-5000IU's/day (search info) and 100mg Zinc Front loading for 2 weeks. After that 50mg in the morning just before breakfast.

And with Low carb - cardio must be Low intensity 60-65% max heartrate as to not catabolize and burn the much needed muscle.

I know you're not new to the game :)

I'm looking forward to your Progress!

Toma
11-30-2010, 11:49 PM
Oh yeah, of course D3 and Zinc lol... I already have those as my normal supplements lol... just forgot.

Also, I never cut fat, and take a flax oil/Blakan Yogurt mix every morning as breakfast.

I NEVER cut eggs... hell, on Atkins, i must eat 6 a day lol.

Peanut butter... I can leave it. Too many calories and I dont really like it. Rather have a 6oz rib eye steak instead of 4 tablespoons of peanut butter lmao.

Cardio... I don't do it at all. Tried every variation of it in the past, but zip. The only thing that "works" for me was high intensity interval... but that's to fuckin hard, so I just lift weights like I mean it lol.

Thanks.... I posted mainly cause this way I have to actually follow through and not look like a pansy lol. :thumbsup:

GQBalla
12-01-2010, 12:12 AM
id say your already looking good but thats just me.

right now im just getting back into lifting again, took 4 months off since my rotator cuff got messed.

i just don't eat a lot of junk to begin with and drink lotsa water.
Rarely drink now.
seemed to keep off the weight and slim me down when i took time off.

ill be taking zinc and d3 soon though.

excited for this thread

max_boost
12-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
id say your already looking good but thats just me.

excited for this thread

No homo haha jk

Good luck Toma. You are what you eat lol :D

Toma
12-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

No homo haha jk

Good luck Toma. You are what you eat lol :D

Oh yeah?? Explains why I seem to be getting younger maybe?? :eek: :poosie:

max_boost
12-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Toma

Oh yeah?? Explains why I seem to be getting younger maybe?? :eek: :poosie:

haha touché! and well played lol

Toma
12-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Week 1

Slow start, but a start.

Down to 246 flat. Trained only 3 times, one leg day, a shoulders day, and a back day....

Atkins, but kinda loose lol. Gonna have to "tighten the belt".

Even so, 3-4 pounds a week would be ok, should hit the 220 target in only 8 weeks, so that gives lots of time for fuck up days lol.

Toma
12-20-2010, 08:58 AM
FUCK!

251.4!!!

Yup, GAINED weight.

Of course, non starter... never started diet, going out almost everynight with friends or to movies...

Workout maybe 1-2 times a week!

FUCK. lol

Starting to wake up with mild sore lower back, presumably from gut.

It's big enough now that it makes doing leg press this morning uncomfortable!

Will do better this week.

Toma
12-31-2010, 02:48 AM
Wont step on the scales until Monday...

but I am finally doing good with diet....

and today, I incline bench pressed 275, so the strength is DEFINITELY coming back!

Feel MUCH better. :thumbsup:

Modelexis
01-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Starting to wake up with mild sore lower back, presumably from gut.

Dark gave me this tip, but it has saved my life:
use a foam roller, after your set, before you go to bed, whenever your lower back feels tight.

I don't have a foam roller at home so I used a piece of 2.25" tube and wrapped a full towel around it.

guaranteed this will solve your lower back tightness.

Toma
01-10-2011, 01:21 AM
Fuck... lol
I am sooo in trouble now.

245 pounds. 2 months to go, and 25 pounds to lose!!

Shit lol

max_boost
01-10-2011, 10:13 AM
HAHA!!

The program starts now, effective the new year.

Bud, time to put the fork down.

lint lost 27lbs in 7 weeks doing a high protein, 200+grams of protein, 1200 calorie diet.

1 cheat day per week.

Go get it done.
:thumbsup:

sputnik
01-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Bud, time to put the fork down.

lint lost 27lbs in 7 weeks doing a high protein, 200+grams of protein, 1200 calorie diet.

This is pretty much it.

Count calories. Screw worrying about eating these specific foods or those special oils. It is all crap designed to sell more overpriced supplements and foods.

Screw diet "techniques" like ketosis or any of the other BS in books. All of these are just calorie reduced diets with a pseudoscience explanation clouding it.

If you want to lose weight you either eat a mountain of vegetables and lean meats or go hungry on some days.

Want a burger and fries? Go for it. Just make sure you count that 1000 calories against your daily limit and expect to eat a lot of vegetables that day or go hungry.

At the end of the day the only trick is trying to figure out how to eat the most food possible while only consuming the least amount of calories.

Toma
01-17-2011, 03:12 PM
After hitting 252 pounds, I have had a change in plans... I'll fill you in soon lol.

Dave P
01-17-2011, 03:19 PM
1200 calorie diet.

What would that consist of? Just curious

lint
01-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Dave P
What would that consist of? Just curious

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/the-rapid-fat-loss-handbook

Toma
01-17-2011, 11:45 PM
I was pretty close to 1200 today... breakfast
4 brazil nuts
50 grams of left over rib eye

Lunch... 2 hardboiled eggs, mashed up with: 2 tablesppons sauerkraut, 2 cups coleslaw without dressing, 20 grams for feta cheese crumbled in, a tablespoon of flax oil, and a tablespoon of mayo.

Dinner was 110 grams rib eye steak, 2 hardboiled eggs.

Yes, I even bought a food scale lol.

I love Macadamia nuts, but fuck 13 nuts (20 grams) is 150 calories.

A790
01-18-2011, 12:42 AM
Going on a CRAZY diet like that is something most people can't handle. Try eating at 800-1000 cals below your BMR, measure your food, and keep your protein up.

Toma
01-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Yeesh! Finally!

http://www.members.shaw.ca/tomak/keto_jan_18.jpg

Toma
01-18-2011, 10:14 PM
Today's food....

Breakfast... cup Balkan Yogurt, 1 Tbl flax oil, 1 Tbl fresh ground flax.

Lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs (free run organic), mashed up with: 2 tbl saurkraut, 2 cups coleslaw (no dressing), Tbl Mayo, Tbl yogurt.

Dinner: 120 grams oven baked Organic Rib Eye steak, 2 cups steamed broccoli & cauliflower

Snack... 32 gram piece of home made beef/pork sausage (no fillers or crap).
Cappuccino with cocoa powder about 80 calories my guess.

Redlined_8000
01-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Dam man ive been in the dark pink but never reached the purple lol. Nice work!

Toma
01-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Still purple....

Today:
Breakfast was 2 eggs with the usual mash of coleslaw, saurkraut, flax oil etc.

Lunch, 2 eggs, coleslaw salad.

Dinner 2 egg smushed with a bit of mayo, 1 chicken wing, one large "garden" salad with tablespoon ranch.

Not hungry at all, went to gym in the am.

Feel GOOD.

Toma
01-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Doing awesome finally lol...

241.9 this morning.

10 pounds down in 7 days.

Hit 243 3 days in, then backtracked to 246, then about a pound a day.

I imagine that was by body shedding extra carbs, glycogen, and water, then re stabilizing to it's new levels...

Happier for sure lol :thumbsup:

Edit: amazing that just after 5 days, the gf put her hand on my chest/stomach intersection while I was sitting and immediately noticed I dropped weight!!

Toma
01-25-2011, 05:38 PM
Not gonna get into daily diet, but pretty well hard boiled eggs, cruciferous vegetables (low carb, high in estrogen 'fighting' dim), steak are the mainstays.

Yesterday, I "cheated" for lunch and had Koryo (the mall korean bbq)....

Had their Jumbo combo, with extra chicken subbed in for no dumplings, and then steamed egg, sprouts, broccoli, green beans, no rice, no sauce, no crap....

PS, heard the Subway classic salad is a good cheat as well.... will try that in the next little bit.

I sampled the keto every 3-4 hours, and am happy to report that despite the shear size of this meal (the plate was friggin heavy)....

This was the worst result to 4pm today ;)

http://www.members.shaw.ca/tomak/keto_jan25.jpg

Toma
01-26-2011, 01:27 PM
VEINS!!!

LOL.... been a while since I've seen any of those pop out.

Was doing some rehab work for my left bicep htat I nijured while doing leg press (LMAO don't ask!)

And bam.. upper forearms, elbow area, and bottom of bicep under tshirt showed some bumps!

Toma
01-28-2011, 01:00 AM
13 pounds down (239), and the arms are still lookin soft when 'cold'.

Should look better within 2-3 weeks....

http://www.members.shaw.ca/tomak/left_bi.jpg

ddduke
01-28-2011, 01:16 AM
13 pounds down (239), and the arms are still lookin soft when 'cold'.

I wouldn't be too worried about that, most juice monkeys at my gym look soft when cold too.

Congrats though, looks like you're doing pretty well.

Toma
02-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Ok, so I've know for a few weeks now that my home scale may have been off.... Compared to the gym scale, since the 252 weigh in, I knew one of them was 5 pounds off.

Today, I tossed my dyno calibration weight on the scale, and the one at home is 5 pounds LIGHT.

As not to confuse things, all weight so far were my HOME scale, that is 5 pounds light.

This morning, I was 234 pounds.

That is 18 pounds in 25 days from when I actually got my ass in gear (252).

From now on, I am using the gym scale and my new home scale. They now agree, and I am actually 239 pounds.

The goal is the same, 220.... and maybe 210 since I still carry a lot of fat even now.... I'll have to go for a quickie BF measure and see what is realistic for me.

Toma
02-07-2011, 07:45 PM
PS.... the other guy in the original picture I posted... Derek?

2 weeks ago, he started basic Atkins after a good sized bribe, obviously he has more weight to lose.....

BUT!

Start weight... 332. Within 2 weeks he is down 24 pounds!!!

Toma
02-10-2011, 02:17 PM
1 month today, 232.5 on the old scale, that's 19.5 pounds in the month. (237.8 new scale/gym scale).

Not bad, I am consuming more calories than I intended, but still fairly strict on Atkins.

:thumbsup: