sputnik
12-01-2010, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Krazie
pm me please

I need a certain sweater

pm me if you think you can help.

Thanks.

Then get off your wallet and go buy it.

Why should a complete stranger offer to buy you a sweater with their employee discount?

If you are looking for a random Lululemon employee, go to Lululemon and talk to one there. See how that goes.

These threads looking for an employee discount should be closed and deleted.

BrknFngrs
12-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
These threads looking for an employee discount should be closed and deleted.

I've never understood the issue with these threads. It might not be worth it for something like a sweater but if a person is looking for a big ticket item and the store has commission based employees isn't it a win-win?

If the person is willing to pay the staff member staff cost + commission that would have been paid out on the transaction then the employee is getting a great deal and the buyer is too. There is clearly some ethical considerations for the employee and some risk for the employee but it's not like anyone is forcing them to agree to the transaction.

R-Audi
12-01-2010, 08:52 AM
I was able to do a Best Buy purchase like that here and it turned out great for both of us...A sweater is a bit different... but then again if the OP is a student or just low on funds I can see his point.

Maybe we are jumping on him and all he wants is something the local stores were out of?

SIC1
12-01-2010, 03:16 PM
FYI.

As someone who used to work at lululemon. There is no commision per transaction/per employee. Employee purchases are for personal use only. lululemon compentates it's employees with significant discounts for personal use and free yoga/ fitness classes. Extensive goal setting training etc. They literally paid me to work out and paid for yoga classes. That is where it was worth working for them.

It's not like Forzani group company (atmosphere/sports chek) where you can purchase for family and friends using your discount.

if it's an actual item that you are looking for, you are better off calling store each store directly and putting the item on hold. Although most will only hold for the day especially since a lot of stores only get a limited supply of sizes AND it's the holiday season.

EDIT:

Totally forgot if it's unavailable locally. Call the Guest Education Centre (phone sales) check out lululemon.com for the toll free number. They can source you one at the warehouse and charge you cost + tax and nominal shipping. If you buy it online it's FREE shipping. Good Luck.

Everyone wants the same thing. i.e. Canada Goose, Uggs, lululemon etc....

wintonyk
12-01-2010, 05:26 PM
afaik, lululemon also provides a discount for personal trainers and people in the fitness industry. might be worth looking for someone like that as it could get you 10 or 15% off

Jesus
12-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Maybe I'm a little slow here, but I don't see anywhere in his post where he's asking for a discount. Might just be me though.

SIC1
12-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by wintonyk
afaik, lululemon also provides a discount for personal trainers and people in the fitness industry. might be worth looking for someone like that as it could get you 10 or 15% off

True. . It's called the Research and Development program.

You must have a certificate/diploma and/or provincial/national recognized affiliation with the following

- Personal Trainer
- yoga instructor
- pilates instructors

and some others location dependent.

At the Banff location - ACMG Certified hiking and climbing guides also get the 15% off. ask them for the "Research & Development" sign up form.

In turn for you "feedback" on the items, they offer 15% off for personal use only you can't buy for others as they track it. I.E if you're a size 4 and you buy size 12 for your mom.

heinz256
12-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Jesus
Maybe I'm a little slow here, but I don't see anywhere in his post where he's asking for a discount. Might just be me though.

If he wasn't looking for a discount, why wouldn't he just go to the store and buy it, or buy it online? If it was hard to find, I would just call the stores directly, not look for someone here.

:dunno: