PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Iphone games

Kobe
12-02-2010, 07:32 AM
So I was wondering If I could download Iphone games to my PC and then import the files onto my iphone.

It seems everytime i want to download a larger file it always freezes...

Anyone ever done this?

taemo
12-02-2010, 08:14 AM
ive never tried this but can't you purchase apps via itunes?

95teetee
12-02-2010, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by taemo
ive never tried this but can't you purchase apps via itunes? yeah, you should be able to get them through the app store on itunes, the same as through the phone itself.

or just JB it, then you can definitely download them on your PC:D

Kobe
12-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Sorry for putting it in the wrong section mods..

Yah sorry I mean Jailbroken games how do i go about downloading them and then putting them on my Iphone?

taemo
12-03-2010, 12:15 PM
I use WinSCP to SSH into my iphone then I download the apps I get from Installous into my PC.
Then I just drag and drop the apps into my itunes.

tha_bandit
12-03-2010, 12:33 PM
installous repo has a itunes sync utility (Appsync in Cydia) that u can install on your phone, if u download the game to your pc, u drag the file into itunes and it syncs normally

on the other hand, if u have installed the installous app on your phone, u can tell it to sync back and forth, so any app downloaded on phone will be transferred to itunes on your PC

n1zm0
12-03-2010, 01:34 PM
your choice of iphone explorer ( i used ifunbox) and http://apptrackr.org/ and there was another app website but its on my laptop at home.

its literally click+drag

the freezing, idk tho

mdeleon
12-06-2010, 01:02 AM
Would you be able to use these methods to reload the downloaded jb apps after upgrading your iOS, or would you still have to download them again?

Anyways, the way I download big files is:
1. Use a wi-fi connection
2. Set your phone so it never auto-locks
3. Just leave your device alone on the download screen until it's finished. I leave mine on my charging dock so it doesn't drain the battery.