PDA

View Full Version : Cpanel help please

riceeater
12-02-2010, 04:04 PM
First time cpanel user with what are probably really simple questions:

- i registered the domain, can access cpanel and all that but when i surf to mydomain.com i get access forbidden. I'm sure there is something i need to enable but what?

- how do i set up and edit the main page of mydomain.com? Or at least have it redirect to something like mydomain.com/main.html?

I've played with dreamweaver and ftp programs before, but i've never set up the cpanel on a site, basically just used it after it was preconfigured by someone else.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks!

Zero102
12-02-2010, 04:25 PM
I don't know for sure in your case (not enough info), but usually people forget to properly set up their DNS information with their domain registrar. You need to either:
1) Set your DNS servers as your cPanel host
2) Manually enter the correct records with your registrar

If you post the domain name and IP address(es) of your cPanel server I can tell you if this is the case.

Grogador
12-02-2010, 11:04 PM
By default your site will load the file called index.html so creating/uploading one of those should take care of the "access forbidden" and your "main page" issues. Alternatively, you could look for an option to "enable directory indexes" so it just shows an index of the files in your / directory, but that's not usually a good/useful idea.