PDA

View Full Version : tunerworks civic in SS

dj_honda
09-06-2002, 05:56 PM
i bought the new superstreet as it featured some skylines.....and saw the silver tunerworks civic...
according to the feature, the H22A with the t3-T04e turbo makes around 448hp and 376lb-ft of tourque.

i thought that there was a thread claming that the guy with the black lude had 440hp and had the so called fastest honda???

anyways its cool there are some calgary cars being shown in the magazines, even though both cars seem to be affiliated with tunerworks, 1 of ss's advertisers

kenny
09-06-2002, 06:01 PM
The silver civic has since then been parted so it is no longer Calgary's fastest Honda so the lude has the title.

ecstasyracer
09-06-2002, 06:06 PM
That the civics also in Performance Auto and Sound along with a red integra gsr and a the silver 1.6 EL that was in rpm's show. And they are all from cow town.

dj_honda
09-06-2002, 06:07 PM
ah now i understand......
it was a sweet civic anyways

Ekliptix
09-06-2002, 06:28 PM
It's actually Alberta's fastest FWD

http://www.403honda.com/photo/wow/world_of_wheels-064.jpg

legendboy
09-06-2002, 07:41 PM
That car is nelsons

silvia S15
09-08-2002, 12:42 PM
i fucking see

Toma
09-08-2002, 12:49 PM
i thought that there was a thread claming that the guy with the black lude had 440hp and had the so called fastest honda???

Dyno numbers don't mean squat (its a tuning tool), and bench racing is just that.

Track times is what determins "fastest"

Toma

sexualbanana
09-08-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Toma

Dyno numbers don't mean squat (its a tuning tool), and bench racing is just that.

Toma

does this help u out?

Originally posted by Ekliptix
It's actually Alberta's fastest FWD

http://www.403honda.com/photo/wow/world_of_wheels-064.jpg

dj_honda
09-08-2002, 05:52 PM

Toma

i understand but...
a hatchback civic and a 4th gen prelude, having similar power outputs.....i was thinking that the h/b civic would be lighter and faster.....thats all

Toma
09-08-2002, 08:28 PM
LOL, like I said...all bench racing.

I have seen cars with "similar combos" and "similar power numbers" differ by over a second and 10mph in quarter mile times.

The devil is in the details.....

Toma

sexualbanana
09-08-2002, 09:07 PM
these cars have been dyno'd and taken to the track, so technically it's not bench racing, especially when we know them

Toma
09-08-2002, 09:26 PM
Different dynos, different days.

What did the civic run, and at what track?? (Calgary??) Was the air the same? etc.... I am NOT AT ALL knocking the civic, just saying you cannot compare numbers on different days, from different track, different weather etc...

If it was Nelson's car, I am sure it went like a bat out of hell....

Still Bench racing ;)

Let me calrify the only way a race occurs....two cars on the track or street at the same time on the same night line up beside each other and let er rip.....

EVERYTHING else is bench racing ;)

Toma

Impreza
09-08-2002, 10:11 PM
i bought the superstreet...the september one and i didnt see the civic.... i think i bought the wrong one... whats on the cover of the super street that has nelson's civic?

Tuner1
09-08-2002, 10:46 PM

Let me calrify the only way a race occurs....two cars on the track or street at the same time on the same night line up beside each other and let er rip.....

EVERYTHING else is bench racing ;)

Toma

EXACTLY!...and not only in the 1/4 mile. Do you think Schumacher cares if someone lapped Monaco faster than his time 2 years ago? To see who or what car is faster, you MUST do it at the same place and time.

Rob

dj_honda
09-09-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
i bought the superstreet...the september one and i didnt see the civic.... i think i bought the wrong one... whats on the cover of the super street that has nelson's civic?

craig lieberman's skyline......the articles in the back

shadowz
09-10-2002, 01:24 AM
I heard Nelson ran in BC but no time showed up:dunno:

CA18DET
09-10-2002, 05:35 PM
very nice set up(s) the car has had... the guy has had a turbo H22 forever!

sexualbanana
09-10-2002, 06:02 PM
true dat true dat. good point toma

XES
09-11-2002, 04:42 PM
I haven't seen the article, etc. but I believe Nelson's mph in BC was around 125mph on A520s with a time in the mid 12's. That is plenty fast to tear me a new asshole if it were sporting some slicks. Too bad it is no longer a vehicle and it also had a VTEC head. If things pan out, I might have my hand on a VTEC head and therefore 10-20% more power.

But from day to day things change. Toma must see his numbers change on his dyno from day to day without making changes to the setup. I can't wait to rip off a 500+ hp run to put the close Honda competitors a little further behind (even the past competitors).

XES