PDA

View Full Version : ingrown hairs....

swak
12-03-2010, 01:14 AM
.... F-ing SUCK!

This is starting to be a regular occurrence as of late, and is really starting to piss me off. It hurts like hell, and looks like ass.

Anyone have any advice on how to avoid this? Or how to deal with ingrown hairs?

Im 24, so im not new to shaving, but ingrown hairs happen... And laser treatment is definitely not an option.

Thanks in advance!

Freeskier
12-03-2010, 01:16 AM
Use a shaving brush. Doesn't solve it totally but it helps alot.

shakalaka
12-03-2010, 01:18 AM
I have this problem in my neck region. Apparently you have to shave with the grain and do it regularly. I also have this thing called Tend Skin which you apply using a cotton and it's supposed to help. Even if I don't shave for a bloody day they seem to come back. Pretty freaking annoying. By shaving carefully, using Tend Skin, an expensive sensitive skin shaving foam and fresh blades (as often as possible), I am able to reduce them but I don't think they ever completely go away.

Jonel
12-03-2010, 04:08 AM
Are you able to see the hair tip protruding the skin? If not then it's best to just leave it alone, it will come to the surface naturally. If you can see it but the swelling is too much then just treat it like a pimple. Put some OXY on it or any acne medication of your choice until the swelling goes away and you are able to see the hair tip more clearly. From there it's nice and easy, take a cloth and run it through some warm water, and just apply it to the area for a couple minutes. Then gently start pulling the hair to the direction it's pointing to, never against it until it's straightened out. You don't want to completely pull it off, you just want to straighten it out. Then just wash the area with warm water and a moisturizing soap and you're done!

I used to get them a lot when I started shaving my nether regions. And these were the really crappy ones with the white pus and what not. Did the method I described above and now I don't get them anymore. Be patient, and again don't completely pluck away the hair.

Unknown303
12-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Shave with cold/cold/cold/cold water. It keeps the skin tense and you're pores small. Make sure you wash you're face really well before shaving to remove and skin/etc that could catch on the razer cause you to tug on a hair cutting it shorter.

teggypimp95
12-03-2010, 09:33 AM
I was getting alot on my neck as well. I bought the new philips 3d senso touch electric razer and i havent had one since!

TorqueDog
12-03-2010, 09:52 AM
See this thread (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/259370/old-school-shave-supplies-/).

Might help.

Crymson
12-03-2010, 09:55 AM
I stopped shaving. For the last six months, i've trimmed it down to what is essentially a 1 day or 2 day stubble, each morning. Doesn't looks bad, but the chicken scratches i would get on my neck from shaving regularily looked alot worse.

88CRX
12-03-2010, 09:57 AM
I get them from time to time at the edge of my mouth.... ends up looking like a damn cold sore.... lame. Anyways, last week I got one on my chin, and holy shit was it ever painful. Worst pain ever haha. The internet told me to soak a hot cloth on it and exfoliate the skin till the hair popped out, it's all fine now but I was about ready to operate on the little bastard hair.

My solution, no more shaving.

Toma
12-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
See this thread (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/259370/old-school-shave-supplies-/).

Might help.

Yup... 100%. I went "old school", and problem solved!!!

Plus its WWWAAAYYYY cheaper.

My hair is VERY course and curls. I even tried stuff from the shaving section for black men. It was a nighmare.

Toma
12-03-2010, 11:11 AM
PS, when I bought the stuff, I bought a Parker, and a Weishi Razor. If you have sensitive skin, the Weishi is a much less aggressive cut if you compare the same blade in both.

I initially way preferred the Parker, but did nick myself occasionally. The damn handle broke after a while, and I have been using the Weishi for the last year or so, and it's good enough, though I do have to shave against the grain to get "close enough" in some areas, but it still does not irritate my skin,

I usually buy blades on ebay, I prefer the assorted packs that you get so you can try all the blades.