PDA

View Full Version : Fav Vogglio Pizza

pinoyhero
12-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Other than the famous mex .. going to try something new on thin crust ... is the thick crust any good

Found the plain crust not that great

Guillermo
12-05-2010, 04:42 PM
the mexican is the best i've had from there. i've also had the ponderosa (i think it was called) and a few other types, but none even come close to the awesomeness of the mexican.

i've also only had the thin crust, which is delicious enough and I don't want to risk getting any of the others. I fear it will be 1" of bread, like most of the pizza around calgary.

Nissanaddict
12-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Guillermo
the mexican is the best i've had from there. i've also had the ponderosa (i think it was called) and a few other types, but none even come close to the awesomeness of the mexican.

i've also only had the thin crust, which is delicious enough and I don't want to risk getting any of the others. I fear it will be 1" of bread, like most of the pizza around calgary.

The regular crust is nothing special really. It's all about the thin.

Myrrinda
12-08-2010, 12:19 PM
I always get the thin wheat crust. I usually find wheat crusts to be a little strong, but their's is fantastic. For toppings, I make up my own. I get pepperoni, mushrooms, feta cheese and fresh tomatos.

Now I'm drooling

Tik-Tok
12-08-2010, 12:22 PM
When the hell is this place even open? I've been there 3 times in the past year to try it out, each time close to lunch, and the door is locked, and lights out.

bituerbo
12-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Chaparral.

It's thick-slicked sausage (stacked side by side, there are no spots without sausage) green peppers, mushrooms, and hot sauce (frank's red hot?). Ssooooo good!

n1zm0
12-08-2010, 12:42 PM
besides a thin crust mexicana, its probably the chaparral with original crust.

i've tried the luna rosa, real crab would've easily made it my #2 favorite but the fake crab pollock is just :barf:

i've been wanting to try a lo pobre, with egg and churrasco, reminds me of college days getting coco brooks egg n bacon or the one with egg and jalapenos

msommers
12-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by bituerbo
Chaparral.

It's thick-slicked sausage (stacked side by side, there are no spots without sausage) green peppers, mushrooms, and hot sauce (frank's red hot?). Ssooooo good!

You do love your sausage :rofl:

bituerbo
12-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Only if it's thick, slick, and stacked side-by-side.

kaput
12-08-2010, 02:12 PM

Benny
12-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by kaput
I used to always get 1 mexican and 1 of something else but the mexican is always so good that whatever else I get ends up disappointing. It's come down to getting either all mexican or no mexican. I think the decision is obvious.

I always get a Mexicana and something else as well. I'm liking the Vogglio Special lately. It's a salty, meaty, delicious bastard haha :thumbsup:

dirtsniffer
03-03-2011, 08:29 PM
hey, has anyone else noticed the lack of cheese on these pizzas?
I had the mexican and the ponderosa (both amazing btw on thin) and I didn't notice any cheese?
is this stuff guilt free pizza?

Hakkola
03-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Yes, the pizza is not as good as it used to be, lack of cheese is my biggest complaint.

kaput
03-03-2011, 08:46 PM

dirtsniffer
03-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Ya, I'm not a fan of greasy pizza. My buddy is lactose intollerant and always has to get cheeseless pizza. I was thinking this is his best solution.

Disoblige
03-04-2011, 01:05 AM
Had their pies 3-4 times already?

Mexicana is good as long as they don't totally burn the thin crust!

Jeremiah
03-04-2011, 01:36 AM
Don't get thick crust it's 1.5" of bread. Too Many carbs and doesn't taste any better. It's just too much