PDA

View Full Version : Excavator Licence/Certificate or Training in Calgary

black300
12-05-2010, 04:20 PM
So I am currently looking into excavating, and I searched around a little bit and it seems like there is no training schools in Calgary. If anyone knows of anything on how to get the licence or training can you please help thanks, just need general training will be destructing old houses and digging the lot for the new house.

Iceman_19
12-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Dont waste your money. Get on with a local construction company labouring, prove yourself, and eventually you may get a run at running equipment.

Ven
12-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Get on with a construction company that does that kind of work doing laborer/driving. Guys with a good ethic and good attitude get advanced really quick. Keep pestering your foreman and show a strong interest in learning the equipment, ask if you can come in on days off to learn or shadow another operator.

Iceman_19
12-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Reason I say dont waste you money is generally these places charge 10-15k for operator training, and I have never heard of anyone getting a job because of the training. I personally know someone that took it, and no one would hire him. I have even heard stories of people not getting the job SPECIFICLY because they had "school".