PDA

View Full Version : 13B shortblock for sale?

habeebie
12-05-2010, 07:07 PM
anyone selling FD3S shortblock?
my 1993 Mazda RX7 is up for a rebuild and id rather just switch blocks instead of rebuilding at the moment(cuz im lazy lol) and also i cant find a reliable shop thats not gona mess my car up. let me know if anyone is looking to sell or if anyone has any other suggestions as to what i should do.

thanks

sr20s14zenki
12-05-2010, 07:10 PM
4kruzn if you want a rebuilt one, i THINK They sell pre built blocks. If you dont wanna go that route, contact Jdmsource, he will hook you up with an engine and transmission, complete with all accessories. Doesnt hurt to have spares :eek:

Maxt
12-05-2010, 07:54 PM
I may have a zero mile motor out of my FD for sale, but I am out of commission till end of January...

Alak
12-05-2010, 09:59 PM
^ I would not hesitate to buy an engine from Maxt.

Hey max, can you tune F-Con's yet?

Maxt
12-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Due to not having my own usb key, not when I am on this side of the ocean.

habeebie
12-10-2010, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
4kruzn if you want a rebuilt one, i THINK They sell pre built blocks. If you dont wanna go that route, contact Jdmsource, he will hook you up with an engine and transmission, complete with all accessories. Doesnt hurt to have spares :eek:

Where is 4kruzn located

habeebie
12-10-2010, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Maxt
I may have a zero mile motor out of my FD for sale, but I am out of commission till end of January...

Max do you own a shop? Or work at one?

Maxt
12-11-2010, 03:05 PM
To abide by forum rules, I can't answer that. This 13b is out of my own personal car however.

rx7_turbo2
12-12-2010, 12:09 PM
To abide by forum rules, I can't answer that.

Hahahaha.

No_Cash
12-13-2010, 08:46 PM
I have a 12A I can hook you up with.... make that FD really move;)

Team_Mclaren
12-13-2010, 08:52 PM
To abide by forum rules, I can't answer that. This 13b is out of my own personal car however.

you can definitely answer that, just no "contact info" ;)

so... do you? :D

962 kid
12-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

you can definitely answer that, just no "contact info" ;)

so... do you? :D

If I recommend Maxt to the OP as someone who can help him with his engine woes, wouldn't OP be free to PM Maxt for his contact info? After which, any further discussion could take place outside the PM system to avoid breaking any rules?

Team_Mclaren
12-13-2010, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid

If I recommend Maxt to the OP as someone who can help him with his engine woes, wouldn't OP be free to PM Maxt for his contact info? After which, any further discussion could take place outside the PM system to avoid breaking any rules?

exactly, maxt just cant proactively pm the OP to offer service, but the OP can pm him and that wouldnt break any rules.

AFAIK, that wont break any rules.

m3_powered
02-10-2011, 11:22 PM
looking for a short block too. Anyone that's got one that's been recently rebuilt let me know. Sooner the better

habeebie
02-11-2011, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by m3_powered
looking for a short block too. Anyone that's got one that's been recently rebuilt let me know. Sooner the better

Wasn't able to find a shortblock not many people sell em. The only place I had luck with was "4kruzn" and wasn't worth it your better off rebuilding the current one. But I found a shop that will do the rebuild so I'll be taking my car there

m3_powered
02-11-2011, 02:39 PM
I've been dealing with Conroy at 4kruzn via email and price doesn't seem too bad for a basic rebuild. My only concern is there's more wrong internally than I have money for once he has it open, so I'm just hoping for a already built keg I could just pick up. Even better if it was mild or street ported, that be awesome.
Habebee what shop are you taking your car to? and what are you paying? you could PM' me if you like

chkolny541
02-11-2011, 05:59 PM
:nut:

962 kid
02-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by m3_powered
I've been dealing with Conroy at 4kruzn via email and price doesn't seem too bad for a basic rebuild. My only concern is there's more wrong internally than I have money for once he has it open, so I'm just hoping for a already built keg I could just pick up. Even better if it was mild or street ported, that be awesome.
Habebee what shop are you taking your car to? and what are you paying? you could PM' me if you like

I wouldn't buy a prebuilt keg unless you're 100% sure of what's inside it. It's wayy too easy to cheap out on these motors and doing so usually results in a pretty unhappy rx7 owner. A nicely built keg won't be any cheaper than rebuilding your motor.

Toma
02-12-2011, 12:28 AM
Anyone have a stock shortblock for sale? I have like 3 of the damn things that have one good side, and blown other side for trade or....??? ;)

habeebie
02-12-2011, 12:28 AM

I wouldn't buy a prebuilt keg unless you're 100% sure of what's inside it. It's wayy too easy to cheap out on these motors and doing so usually results in a pretty unhappy rx7 owner. A nicely built keg won't be any cheaper than rebuilding your motor.

Agreed. Buying the keg prebuilt is usually more expensive than just going for a rebuild

m3_powered
02-12-2011, 12:07 PM

thanks for the tip, definitely not gonna just take any motor. I'm just hoping rather that someone had one that's been recently built either from 4kruzn or maxt really