PDA

View Full Version : Evans Consoles

Wrath
12-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Coles Notes:

Current Company was really hurt by the downturn in Oil and Gas (Stable...but totally rebuilding)

Evans has offered me a job today but it is lower then my salary expectations.

I realize that $$ is not everything in a company.... Has anybody had any experience working or dealing with evans. What is the culture like....people that work there. I already have the impression that they are tight fiscally.

big A
12-06-2010, 08:50 PM
I worked for them over nine years ago so I doubt anything I have to say would still apply. I did the majority of my apprenticeship there. You didn't say if you were looking in the office or shop. I was in the shop.
I can give you some trivia of Evans and opinions of the shop. This is all going to be my personal opinion on how I remember things nine years ago. From how I remember it was started by brothers. One got into real-estate and the other ( Ross Evans) stuck with Evans Consoles. He built this absolutely great place to work for when I was there. Great wages, bonuses, education incentives and so on. It peaked at over 500 staff. He sold to American investors for unknown reasons. They built a giant state of the art building. 9/11 happened. They have a small portion of the jobs they had when Ross Evans was owner. They drasticlly downsized staff, divided up their beautiful shop and work out of half of it and rent out the other. They got Mogan Smed to try to rebuild it. He was unsuccesful.
The person who is the shop foreman now was a good guy when I worked there.
If you have a question you can try me with a pm if you want.

Wrath
12-06-2010, 10:42 PM
This in the office - Marketing

soccernut
12-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by big A
I worked for them over nine years ago so I doubt anything I have to say would still apply. I did the majority of my apprenticeship there. You didn't say if you were looking in the office or shop. I was in the shop.
I can give you some trivia of Evans and opinions of the shop. This is all going to be my personal opinion on how I remember things nine years ago. From how I remember it was started by brothers. One got into real-estate and the other ( Ross Evans) stuck with Evans Consoles. He built this absolutely great place to work for when I was there. Great wages, bonuses, education incentives and so on. It peaked at over 500 staff. He sold to American investors for unknown reasons. They built a giant state of the art building. 9/11 happened. They have a small portion of the jobs they had when Ross Evans was owner. They drasticlly downsized staff, divided up their beautiful shop and work out of half of it and rent out the other. They got Mogan Smed to try to rebuild it. He was unsuccesful.
The person who is the shop foreman now was a good guy when I worked there.
If you have a question you can try me with a pm if you want.

I can pretty much say I had the same experience. Last I worked there was in 2003 when I quit and started University.

They were not doing well at the time. Since 9/11 they were going through waves upon waves of layoffs.

I worked there for 5 years. The benefits were great, but I almost got no raises in the first 2 years. It wasn't until I started my apprenticeship that my salary was increase. Mainly because it was regulated.

Wrath
12-10-2010, 01:12 AM
Well...I took the job

they offered me some great incentives to sign. I now work there!

big A
12-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Keep us updated on how it is to work there.

Wrath
02-27-2012, 02:51 PM
My old Job is up

http://www.evansonline.com/our-company/careers/marketing-manager

- Its the position I'm leaving af anybody has questions

A790
02-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Pay?

Bonuses?

Etc...

Wrath
02-27-2012, 08:57 PM
There is a yearly Bonus of 10% of Salary depending on the Net yearly revenue of the company

As for pay it depends on your previous qualifications....and job fit

A790
02-27-2012, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Wrath
There is a yearly Bonus of 10% of Salary depending on the Net yearly revenue of the company

As for pay it depends on your previous qualifications....and job fit
Ballpark it.

60-70k? 70-80k? 80k+?

Wrath
02-27-2012, 10:16 PM
60-80K to start most likely

A790
02-27-2012, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Wrath
60-80K to start most likely Hmm...

Can you PM me a brief description of what your typical day was like?

How are the staff there?

What's the culture like?