PDA

View Full Version : WTB: CA18/RB20 Coilpack(s)

Randomhero
12-06-2010, 10:12 PM
As the title states, i need at least 1, but will gladly grab a set of 4 or 6 coilpacks from either a CA18, RB20.

Let me know what you got!!

Thanks in advance.

sr20s14zenki
12-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Ill have to go thru our box, but im pretty sure i saved some rb20 coilpacks a long time ago. I wonder, does splitfire make packs for yours? Best ones IMO.

Randomhero
12-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Yeah split fire does make em for the CA18, but I am not spending $500, cuz Im planning to throw an SR in my Silvia in the spring anyways, just looking for a quick fix. (Im not even sure that the coil pack is FOR SURE my issue yet.

The guys at Autodream leant me an RB coil pack to test today, but the connectors are different, so the cross compatabilty that some of the sites talked about seems to be BS.

I am looking for a CA18 coilpack only now.

sr20s14zenki
12-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Hit pick n pull. You want a pulsar nx Se with
A ca18de. Same packs and ignitor. What
Are the symptoms.

Randomhero
12-07-2010, 10:00 PM
It runs likes ass, takes forever to start and stutters like crazy when i give it gas. I thought vacuum problem first, but Ive triple checked all my connections, so i dont think thats the problem. BUT, i was checking the gap on my plugs and i noticed that one of my coils what missing a contact tip. I can unplug that one coil, no matter which position its in, and the car doesnt change idle, sputter, nothing. If i unplug any of the others, the engine sputters and dies. Its pretty much cut and dry coil pack.

sr20s14zenki
12-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Randomhero
It runs likes ass, takes forever to start and stutters like crazy when i give it gas. I thought vacuum problem first, but Ive triple checked all my connections, so i dont think thats the problem. BUT, i was checking the gap on my plugs and i noticed that one of my coils what missing a contact tip. I can unplug that one coil, no matter which position its in, and the car doesnt change idle, sputter, nothing. If i unplug any of the others, the engine sputters and dies. Its pretty much cut and dry coil pack.

Yep sounds like coilpack. Like i said, pulsar NX, has a ca18de in it, same engine pretty much. Grab the parts from that.

Randomhero
12-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Well one of the guys on another forum had a set of four that he threw my way, switched em all out and it ran a bit better. It would burp and spit worse if i disconnected any of the packs so at least they are all working now. BUT it still hesitates and sputters and spits and coughs under 3500 rpm, and running rich as hell... One thing after another!!!! Argh!!!

This ones simple and only took me 10 minutes on my lunch break to figure out today... Some jack hole cut the wire to the knock sensor.

Cuz I have AF and exhaust temp meters im just gunna do the resistor trick tomorrow.... Fingers crosses thats the last of the BS for a little while.

Thanks for all your help, i may need more in the future, lol.