PDA

View Full Version : Beyond F1 Xbox Championship - Race 9

rage2
12-06-2010, 11:14 PM
A nice street track that's decent wide, lots of good passing zones if the guy in front makes a mistake. Should be a fun one!

Race #9 - European GP
Date + Time - Mon Dec 13th, 2010. 9:00PM
Driver Aids - All Allowed
Damage - None
Collisions - Full
Rules and Flags - Realistic
Fuel and Tire sim - Off (pit stop required for dry race)
15 min Quali, 30% Race Distance
All cars identical (basically time trial mode performance)

Drivers and Teams:
rage2 - Team Kwan
Gage - Team Kwan
Skyline_Addict (Yanigasawa) - Team One Hand Steer
J_97 (Fantim97) - Team One Hand Steer
Mibz - Team DSQ
kennyeg - Team DSQ
benyl - Team Last
buh_buh (Rufus McPoo) - Team Last
BigBadVlad - Team TEIMPBMXFCMMPRT
ryanallan (ForzaRX) - Team TEIMPBMXFCMMPRT
Cos (the_cosworth) - TBD
Blahdeh - TBD

Results: http://www.tinyurl.com/BeyondF1

Qualifying
1. Rufus McPoo
2. haysen
3. The Cosworth
4. ForzaRX
5. benyl
6. rage2
7. Mibz DSQ

Race
1. rage2 (25)
2. Rufus McPoo (18)
3. haysen (15)
4. ForzaRX (12)
5. The Cosworth (10)
6. benyl (8)

Drivers Championship Standings
1. haysen (198)
2. rage2 (174)
3. Rufus McPoo (99)
4. BigBadVlad (60)
5. benyl (56)
6. The Cosworth (55)
7. ForzaRX (50)
8. kennyeg (48)
9. Mibz (42)
10. Bladeh (36)
11. Fantim97 (18)
12. Yanigasawa (6)

Constructors Championship Standings
1. Team Kwan (372)
2. Team Last (155)
3. Team TEIMPBMXFCMMPRT (110)
4. Team DSQ (90)
5. Team One Hand Steer (24)

Bladeh
12-07-2010, 07:38 PM
I won't make this one, on helpdesk until 9pm all next week.

Cos
12-09-2010, 08:25 PM
any chance we can push this to the 22nd (wednesday). I am pretty much effed until the 21st for work. I am getting slammed trying to get 2010 work completed.

[GaGe]
12-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Cos
any chance we can push this to the 22nd (wednesday). I am pretty much effed until the 21st for work. I am getting slammed trying to get 2010 work completed.

I can do the 20th, but not the 22nd... Got a night exam on that Wednesday.

buh_buh
12-10-2010, 03:45 AM
20th not so good for me either. Dad's bday.

Cos you ok for this week though? This week's monday is the 13th. Next week's race will be the 20th.

Cos
12-10-2010, 08:57 AM
no neither day works for me, that is why I was isnt there on monday. I am down in lethbridge monday - thursday this week and next. Then Monday/Tuesday/ home wednesday the week after.

We have to build things in a calendar year so all 2010 projects literally have to be finished next week. :(

I dont want to be the whole reason to screw this up. If I miss it I miss it. Not like I am really running for the top spot anyways. That will suck that I will miss 3 races in a row though, so if there is something we can do for the 20th race please let me know. After the 22nd I am off work for xmas.

rage2
12-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Lets do one more race, then have a xmas break then. Or we can push Valencia to a later date. Don't matter to me, I really like the track, so the more ppl racing the better.

That way I can concentrate on my career! haha.

Cos
12-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Sounds good to me. Maybe during the week that 99% of the people are off we can have one.

rage2
12-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Alright guys, last race before "xmas break". Starting my practice and setup now. See ya online!

Cos
12-13-2010, 07:32 PM
I may be able to make it actually. Havent run 1 lap though. Haha

Cos
12-13-2010, 10:55 PM
Well I tried to run a clean race. Between corner 1 and 2 ForzaRX side swipped me and I got a drive through. Lap 1 I did my drive through. Lap 3 pitted for soft tires. Got within 8 seconds of Forza and then around lap 12 I started to spin.

Popped her into cruise and dropped about 3 seconds a lap and was matching Forza's lap time. Not sure when he pitted because I thought for sure I would catch him.

Oh well next race I am trying for a clean one. No crashes or spins.

rage2
12-13-2010, 11:11 PM
That was the most exciting race of the year so far. After hearing what happened with haysen and buh_buh, it turned out pretty damn epic.

I spun in qualifying lap 1, and stopped on the track. I waited for ppl to drive by before backing up, so I waited. Someone smoked me and I got a 5 place penalty, effectively putting me in last place. So I started the race on prime tires.

Lap 1, I started off clean, didn't hit anything, and pit after lap 1. Cos went for his drive thru, and I got stuck behind him for 2 laps, which really killed my chances to make up time to beat haysen and buh_buh when they pit. After that, it was basically 14 qualifying laps for me, I was running 1:36.3's, +/- 0.2s. Basically had to either make up the lost 6 or 7 seconds a lap behind Cos at the beginning, or they'd spin out, make mistakes fighting each other. Lucky for me, they slowed each other down trying to block/pass.

Meanwhile, haysen and buh_buh were fighting up front hard. buh_buh was 1-1.5s a lap faster than haysen, and couldn't pass him, so he pitted on lap 14 on hards. haysen noticed that buh_buh pitted, and so he made his pitstop on the next lap on lap 15 and they came out right beside each other. haysen kept the lead, buh_buh in 2nd right on him, and I caught up to the group right behind them in 3rd.

Since I'm still on softs, I was gaining tons of time on them. Lap 16, haysen makes a mistake, buh_buh makes a move, and I passed them both right in the middle, and started my last lap in the lead. buh_buh gave a good chase on me in 2nd place, but he had no chance on me since I was on softs.

Fucking epic hahaha.

Cos
12-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Cos went for his drive thru, and I got stuck behind him for 2 laps, which really killed my chances to make up time to beat haysen and buh_buh when they pit.

Did you not see me going wide in the 2 or 3 corners after the bridge? I tried like 4 times to get out of your way without losing too much time.

I knew there was no point holding you up. Best I have ever run was 138 something. I just cannot figure out where the last second and a half comes from. Not much point me holding you back as you were gonna pass me eventually. Not sure how it looked from the back but I felt like a gentleman with LOTS of passing room. haha

rage2
12-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Did you not see me going wide in the 2 or 3 corners after the bridge? I tried like 4 times to get out of your way without losing too much time.

Not sure how it looked from the back but I felt like a gentleman. haha
lol I thought u were just making mistakes haha. We were fighting for position at the time, and I figured it was just a battle. This is NOT an easy track to pass. I tried to pass you clean in the last 2nd gear right hander at the start of S3 and went off cuz I out braked myself hard!

You really have to let off a LOT to let the guy behind pass on this track. Next time that happens, don't slow down. It's a race. We're fighting for position. Fight for it!

If it wasn't for you blocking, I would've passed both of them on the pits long ago, and it wouldn't have been as exciting haha.

Cos
12-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by rage2

lol I thought u were just making mistakes haha. We were fighting for position at the time, and I figured it was just a battle. This is NOT an easy track to pass. I tried to pass you clean in the last 2nd gear right hander at the start of S3 and went off cuz I out braked myself hard!

You really have to let off a LOT to let the guy behind pass on this track. Next time that happens, don't slow down. It's a race. We're fighting for position. Fight for it!

If it wasn't for you blocking, I would've passed both of them on the pits long ago, and it wouldn't have been as exciting haha.

That is true. I just figured what was the point as I was probably going to really fuck up trying to keep you behind me. Oh well next time I will try harder.

Damn you three are getting SO fast it is like you three are in one race and the rest of us are in another.

By the way what happened to Mibz?

rage2
12-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Qualifying
1. Rufus McPoo
2. haysen
3. The Cosworth
4. ForzaRX
5. benyl
6. rage2
7. Mibz DSQ

Race
1. rage2 (25)
2. Rufus McPoo (18)
3. haysen (15)
4. ForzaRX (12)
5. The Cosworth (10)
6. benyl (8)

Drivers Championship Standings
1. haysen (198)
2. rage2 (174)
3. Rufus McPoo (99)
4. BigBadVlad (60)
5. benyl (56)
6. The Cosworth (55)
7. ForzaRX (50)
8. kennyeg (48)
9. Mibz (42)
10. Bladeh (36)
11. Fantim97 (18)
12. Yanigasawa (6)

Constructors Championship Standings
1. Team Kwan (372)
2. Team Last (155)
3. Team TEIMPBMXFCMMPRT (110)
4. Team DSQ (90)
5. Team One Hand Steer (24)

rage2
12-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Cos
By the way what happened to Mibz?
He txted me, said he wasn't having fun, and just quit lol. He would've qualified ahead of me by staying in the pits. :rofl:

Ended up being a dry race anyways. It was quite sketchy in the rain!

Originally posted by Cos
Damn you three are getting SO fast it is like you three are in one race and the rest of us are in another.
Yea, even tho the 3 of us are playing at my place in 3 different rooms, we all have 3 completely different and distinct setups directions, we try not to look at each other's laps to see where the other is faster and learn from it, and end up being fairly close to each other. Honestly though, if it wasn't for haysen's bad setup (he ran a LOT of front wing), he would've raped us again haha.

buh_buh
12-13-2010, 11:33 PM
So here's what happened from my point of view. I qualified pole by about 1.5s, and I knew rage had a 5 grid spot penalty, so I figured I had this race. Going into turn 1 someone (I think Haysen) hit me from behind and I lost a position, so was 2nd coming out of the first slow section.

I was right on Haysen's gearbox for the next 5 laps or so, until I got close and understeered into the barrier in turn 4 from losing downforce, so I ended up about 8 seconds behind Haysen. From there, I just went balls out and did a few mid 1:36s until I caught up to Haysen again in about 5 laps and was stuck behind him for another 4 or 5 laps and couldn't pass because I'd just lose downforce as soon as I got close. I had a couple chances to pass when he made a mistake passing a backmarker in the middle slow section before the second long straight, but got blocked in the braking zone and couldn't pass. I had another opportunity that next lap going into turn 1 when Haysen hit the barrier, he ended up right on the apex and I hit him and pushed him forward again.

So on lap 14 I decided to pit early to try to jump him in the pit, since I knew I was about 1-2s quicker, but Haysen noticed I pitted early and stopped the lap after me (lap 15), and we ended up beside each other again coming out of the pit, with Haysen slightly ahead. We dueled it out for a couple more laps. On lap 16 Haysen made a mistake in turn 3 and I got alongside him, and just before the bridge on the 2nd gear right hander, we made contact and both spun, and that's when rage passed us. I chased him down for another 2 laps and got close, but ended up finishing 1.5s behind him.

That was by far the funnest, closest and most intense race of the year so far. I was right on Haysen's gearbox for 12 of the 17 laps of the race. Thought that was my best chance at a win this year. Fuckin blew it. :banghead:

rage2
12-13-2010, 11:49 PM
3 different strategies, 3 different setups, 3 lead changes, all finishing within 6.6 seconds up front. Pretty fucking awesome haha.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc475/rage2amg/aa097005.jpg

I'm going to start revealing my setups in hopes that others would close up. I want all the races to be this exciting lol.

[GaGe]
12-13-2010, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
So here's what happened from my point of view. I qualified pole by about 1.5s, and I knew rage had a 5 grid spot penalty, so I figured I had this race. Going into turn 1 someone (I think Haysen) hit me from behind and I lost a position, so was 2nd coming out of the first slow section.

I was right on Haysen's gearbox for the next 5 laps or so, until I got close and understeered into the barrier in turn 4 from losing downforce, so I ended up about 8 seconds behind Haysen. From there, I just went balls out and did a few mid 1:36s until I caught up to Haysen again in about 5 laps and was stuck behind him for another 4 or 5 laps and couldn't pass because I'd just lose downforce as soon as I got close. I had a couple chances to pass when he made a mistake passing a backmarker in the middle slow section before the second long straight, but got blocked in the braking zone and couldn't pass. I had another opportunity that next lap going into turn 1 when Haysen hit the barrier, he ended up right on the apex and I hit him and pushed him forward again.

So on lap 14 I decided to pit early to try to jump him in the pit, since I knew I was about 1-2s quicker, but Haysen noticed I pitted early and stopped the lap after me (lap 15), and we ended up beside each other again coming out of the pit, with Haysen slightly ahead. We dueled it out for a couple more laps. On lap 16 Haysen made a mistake in turn 3 and I got alongside him, and just before the bridge on the 2nd gear right hander, we made contact and both spun, and that's when rage passed us. I chased him down for another 2 laps and got close, but ended up finishing 1.5s behind him.

That was by far the funnest, closest and most intense race of the year so far. I was right on Haysen's gearbox for 12 of the 17 laps of the race. Thought that was my best chance at a win this year. Fuckin blew it. :banghead:

Definately the most intense race of the year. I was about 1.5s a lap slower than buh_buh and rage2 with my shitty setup. Had to drive defensively for 60% of the race to keep buh_buh behind me.

Didn't expect rage2 to be right behind us after we pit. 3 laps to go, and we were 2-3 second within each other, with 3 lead changes on lap 16. Pretty damn epic haha.

ryanallan
12-14-2010, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Cos
Well I tried to run a clean race. Between corner 1 and 2 ForzaRX side swipped me and I got a drive through. Lap 1 I did my drive through. Lap 3 pitted for soft tires. Got within 8 seconds of Forza and then around lap 12 I started to spin.

Popped her into cruise and dropped about 3 seconds a lap and was matching Forza's lap time. Not sure when he pitted because I thought for sure I would catch him.

Oh well next race I am trying for a clean one. No crashes or spins.

I got a drive though too, not sure for what. It might have been for pulling Rage into the wall with me off the start.
I was running 1.41's the entire race, I herd you a couple times but then you faded back. I pitted on lap 16.

This Christmas break will be nice!

rage2
12-14-2010, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by ryanallan
I got a drive though too, not sure for what. It might have been for pulling Rage into the wall with me off the start.
haha ya forgot about that turn 1, I got dragged into the wall, but positioned myself so I didn't get stuck. Really didn't lose any time, so all's good!

benyl
12-14-2010, 01:54 AM
The first time I saw this track was at 8:10 pm when you guys invited me for the practice race. haha

It didn't matter anyway, although I only got lapped once this race instead of the usual two times.

I really like this track. I spun a few times, but that was only because I cut corners. When run cleanly, it was by far the smoothest track out there.

Too bad I suck at this game... haha

It really is a 3 man race and the rest of us. Our positions are mostly determined by who fucks up the least. haha

Cos
12-14-2010, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by ryanallan

I was running 1.41's the entire race, I herd you a couple times but then you faded back. I pitted on lap 16.

This Christmas break will be nice!

haha oh shit. Man you were all OVER the place ;)

Yeah I need to spend some time with GT5