PDA

View Full Version : whole sale furniture brokers

ApexDrift
12-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

gowfb.ca

anyone order from them before?

yay or nay? how was your experiance with them? what was good what was bad?

Crymson
12-07-2010, 01:07 PM
I ordered funiture from a store, which was essentially that store, but in toronto -- and it was a nightmare.

The unit was garbage, even though it cost nearly 2,000$. Customer service was non existent. Shipping was a nightmare.

I will never order furniture from a store again, where the delivery is not the responsibility of the furniture store.

It turns the whole fiasco into a cirlce jerk blame game where you're left totally fucked.

That store is probably ok, so long as you can down and have a look at the pieces before you're ordering and such. Just remember that "contemporary furniture" is just really expensive IKEA stuff. Slightly nicer veneers, and higher density fibre board. But essentially the same stuff, and it's ALL made in china.

freshprince1
12-07-2010, 03:03 PM
A friend of mine manages the Showhome Furniture Wholesale company that sets up sales across the city/province. They buy from showhomes, and also sell direct. Good deals, nice stuff, not the cheapest in town though.

PM for his contact info if you'd like.

I've never bought from them so I can't vouch for anything other than the Manager is a stand-up guy.

Lex350
12-07-2010, 03:26 PM
without knowing where the stuff is manufactured I wouldn;t buy from them. Usually this model of a furniture place means it is coming on the slow boat from China. That can be good or bad depaending on which factory it comes out of but warranty will always be a bitch!

Crymson
12-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by rotten42
without knowing where the stuff is manufactured I wouldn;t buy from them. Usually this model of a furniture place means it is coming on the slow boat from China. That can be good or bad depaending on which factory it comes out of but warranty will always be a bitch!

This is exactly what happened to me. Warrantee is non existent.

I got my unit, assembled, but very poorly. Didn't notice it was thoroughly thrashed via manufactures defect until it was well unpacked and i was loading the drawers.

Shippers wouldn't take it back because they didn't damage it.

The retailer forwarded me onto the manufacturer who was initially helpful, but 8 months later i still have no replacement drawers, and now i'm being told that they "no long deal with that factory - in china" so i'm essential SOL

Czar
12-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

I've used dealontap to order the furniture. Prices were pretty good compared to what we can get here. Like someone mentioned, it's all from China though. As well, shipping is kinda crazy, unless you're willing to wait until they have a full container. (I think you have to email them or call for that option)

r3ccOs
12-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by freshprince1
A friend of mine manages the Showhome Furniture Wholesale company that sets up sales across the city/province. They buy from showhomes, and also sell direct. Good deals, nice stuff, not the cheapest in town though.

PM for his contact info if you'd like.

I've never bought from them so I can't vouch for anything other than the Manager is a stand-up guy.

Pretty sure they do not... Its just a very smart marketing stradegy to call themselves that...

I remember buying a mule dresser from one guy who started up the gig, and he had a warehouse off blackfoot where I met up with him to view the pieces.

However, they do bring in some very nice solid wood pieces for relatively low prices

I give my thumbs up :thumbsup:

spike98
12-14-2010, 10:51 AM
I cooworker just got a HUGE leather sectional from a place called Skyline Furniture. Apparently they supply a lot of the mom and pop places in calgary but the guy will take personal orders. He can do pre-planned stuff or make custom stuff to your liking. Prices are about half of a furniture store and its some quality stuff.

I have the contact info if anyone is interested.