PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Patron tequila combo pack?

EG STyLeZ
12-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Anyone know where I can buy this Patron tequila combo pack (or something similar) locally?

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc136/th_49456_01_122_136lo.JPG (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=49456_01_122_136lo.JPG)

ddduke
12-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Willow Park Liquor Store

n1zm0
12-07-2010, 02:09 PM
^ any idea how much that costs?

that's fken awesome for a gift especially for a certain friend who only buys patron, a bottle every 2 weeks :nut:

Benny
12-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Yeah I'm curious on price too. That sounds like a great gift for a friend.

malbadon
12-07-2010, 10:50 PM
You don't want to know how little it cost when I saw it in Ft Lauderdale :/

EG STyLeZ
12-07-2010, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by ddduke
Willow Park Liquor Store

Thanks i'll have a look

R-Audi
12-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Im curious why anyone buys Patron....
Unless you buy the Anejo its a shit product.. even then not great in the grand scheme of Tequila.
Its basically the same as Budweiser or Stella here... its only a premium product because they pay so much for marketing and they have to mark up their price to cover the costs. They advertise to make you believe its a premium product!

JRSC00LUDE
12-08-2010, 09:55 AM
1800 is a nice tequila.

Neil4Speed
12-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by R-Audi
Im curious why anyone buys Patron....
Unless you buy the Anejo its a shit product.. even then not great in the grand scheme of Tequila.
Its basically the same as Budweiser or Stella here... its only a premium product because they pay so much for marketing and they have to mark up their price to cover the costs. They advertise to make you believe its a premium product!

I have heard this as well, they are not even heard of in Mexico. I have heard (limited knowlage) the important thing is that the tequila is 100% Argave which I believe Patron Silver is.

Any recommendations on a better tequila at that price range?

R-Audi
12-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Ive enjoyed Milagro and Don Julio in the past... not my all time favorites, but they arent bad.

It is tough to really figure out on your own, but you ideally want a tequila that is 100% Agave, plants aged 7+ years, and the top grade (forget the exact wording) liquid that comes out with the distillation. (There are 3 grades)
More often then not major brands like Patron buy from sources all over the place, and use a mix of young and old plants and all 3 grades from distillation. After that tequila comes out in several grades according it its age.
1. Silver (Not typically aged at all, some are 2 months)
2. Gold (Silver with Caramel added for flavour)
3.Reposado (Aged under a year)
4. Anejo (1-3 years in an Oak barrel)
5. Extra Anejo (>3yrs)

I think a good rule of thumb is to be aware of any product that spends millions on advertising... cause that money has to come from somewhere!!

EG STyLeZ
12-13-2010, 08:09 PM
anyone found this yet? I called willow park and they said they don`t carry this

89coupe
12-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Ive enjoyed Milagro and Don Julio in the past... not my all time favorites, but they arent bad.

It is tough to really figure out on your own, but you ideally want a tequila that is 100% Agave, plants aged 7+ years, and the top grade (forget the exact wording) liquid that comes out with the distillation. (There are 3 grades)
More often then not major brands like Patron buy from sources all over the place, and use a mix of young and old plants and all 3 grades from distillation. After that tequila comes out in several grades according it its age.
1. Silver (Not typically aged at all, some are 2 months)
2. Gold (Silver with Caramel added for flavour)
3.Reposado (Aged under a year)
4. Anejo (1-3 years in an Oak barrel)
5. Extra Anejo (>3yrs)

I think a good rule of thumb is to be aware of any product that spends millions on advertising... cause that money has to come from somewhere!!

I have both Silver & Anejo sitting in my liquor stash and they are night and day difference in taste and smoothness.

The Anejo is quite nice. Tastes better then Don Julio's 1942 IMO, much smoother.

http://www.bradstaylor.com/images/tequila.jpg

R-Audi
12-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Some people swear Budweiser is the best beer too....

Doesnt change the fact its a shitty product.

89coupe
12-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Some people swear Budweiser is the best beer too....

Doesnt change the fact its a shitty product.

Your opinion, doesn't mean its right though.;)

ercchry
12-14-2010, 09:04 AM
R-Audi, what are your thoughts on cabo? its for sure one of my favorites, but then again i have limited knowledge of top shelf tequila since i like to have tried it before i spend around $100 on a bottle haha

89coupe
12-14-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by ercchry
R-Audi, what are your thoughts on cabo? its for sure one of my favorites, but then again i have limited knowledge of top shelf tequila since i like to have tried it before i spend around $100 on a bottle haha

I wouldn't take your advice from someone else's palette. The best thing to do is find a good source and ask for samples of each and decide based on your own palette, not someone else's.

One persons taste most certainly isn't the same as someone else's.

ercchry
12-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by 89coupe

and this is why i asked what his thoughts on cabo was ;)

if he likes it, then maybe we have a similar taste and i might like his recommendations.

but yeah that mexican restaurant on 17th (the name escapes me) has a pretty large list of tequilas, i have yet to have the chance to spend an evening testing them all since the few times i have been there i have drove. but one night i might get around to it

89coupe
12-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by ercchry

but yeah that mexican restaurant on 17th (the name escapes me) has a pretty large list of tequilas, i have yet to have the chance to spend an evening testing them all since the few times i have been there i have drove. but one night i might get around to it

This would be your best approach to finding a Tequila you enjoy.

Like any product, just because it has a big price tag, doesn't necessarily mean its good...LOL

R-Audi
12-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by 89coupe

I wouldn't take your advice from someone else's palette. The best thing to do is find a good source and ask for samples of each and decide based on your own palette, not someone else's.

This is 100% true... while a lot of people like Patron (and I dont mind the Anejo at all) what you are paying for is their marketing... not their product. (Similar to what a lot of other brands do.. Rolex is another fine example)

There are some new Tequilas coming on the market in the next few months, and they should be making quite a splash. Not only are they WAY better quality than Patron, but they are also half the cost. The brand is El Amo, and they have a full range of products, all are produced in their farm using properly aged agave.

Cabo isnt a bad product, but very similar to Patron in their marketing. There are a ton of very good Mexican only type brands out there, Id stop by and see what they recommend. (Mention for sipping...)

austic
12-14-2010, 01:43 PM

This is 100% true... while a lot of people like Patron (and I dont mind the Anejo at all) what you are paying for is their marketing... not their product. (Similar to what a lot of other brands do.. Rolex is another fine example)

There are some new Tequilas coming on the market in the next few months, and they should be making quite a splash. Not only are they WAY better quality than Patron, but they are also half the cost. The brand is El Amo, and they have a full range of products, all are produced in their farm using properly aged agave.

Cabo isnt a bad product, but very similar to Patron in their marketing. There are a ton of very good Mexican only type brands out there, Id stop by and see what they recommend. (Mention for sipping...)

100% truth. I have quite the collection of tequila and I would say Cabo and Patron are the two you put out for guests and people who don’t really know there Tequila. (Impressive due to marketing)

Tequila is allot like wine, different tastes for different people. What is really fun is going to the Tequila only stores and doing a tasting, and then you will learn what you like.

I found my favorites are the Casa Cofradia Edicion Especial Anejo, Dulce Vida anejo and the VooDoo Tiki Anejo.

chkolny541
12-14-2010, 02:27 PM
wow, this thread went sideways fast, op asked where to find patron, and suddenly this thread went into the distillation process of various grades of tequila. nice.

Kavy
12-29-2010, 06:11 PM
When I do shots with my buddies who don't like spice i use Don Eduardo Silver Tequila as its extremely smooth and you can toss down about 5 shots and be gravy with only a lime bite.

Herencia de Plata Tequila Blanco is a great shooting Tequila IMO, However it does have a lot of kick and can get very hot after about shot 3. If you like your Tequila to be spicy, Herencia is unreal.

I agree with Brads when he says only 100% agave Tequila. Others use grain alcohol as a filer which is why they taste like crap.

I would suggest never buying anything that was not a 100% Agave as it will ruin your experience.

95teetee
01-01-2011, 09:42 PM
isn't Patron supposed to be entirely different than other tequilas in the first place?
(I'm just remembering what Dan Aykroyd said on Fan 960 years ago when he was in Calgary hawking the stuff- seems to me he described it to be more like a (sipping) cognac than a traditional tequila)