PDA

View Full Version : soundsaround sale...

TomTom
09-06-2002, 07:28 PM
well today for the 2 hour sale thing there was still over an hour long wait for most people some 2 hours.

i know alot of people said they wanted to buy caps before. well they have rockford 1f caps for 99$ that is sickly cheep, i payed 1$ less and i got mine below float cost like 7 months ago.

but ya theres tons of good deals, some refurb, some disco and some new, goodluck with the lines.

MaYzE
09-07-2002, 02:16 PM
I just came back from the sale a couple hours ago. I bought 500 bux worth of crap. Damn these sales!!! Oh well. I cant wait till I install the crap I bought!!!!! :)

max_boost
09-07-2002, 02:54 PM
Surprisingly I didn't go this year.
The only thing I wanted was the new Panasonic Deck but that wasn't on sale.

I think there is a sale coming up at Audio Concepts, I might go and pick up some Soundstream stuff.

CRXguy
09-07-2002, 03:08 PM
I think I spent too much last night. Looks like I'll be hibernating for the next little while.......again!:D

That 12 hour sale is evil. I'm not going again anytime soon.:rofl:

MaYzE
09-07-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
I think I spent too much last night. Looks like I'll be hibernating for the next little while.......again!:D

That 12 hour sale is evil. I'm not going again anytime soon.:rofl:

Next year sounds like a good bet. :)

Ekliptix
09-07-2002, 04:19 PM
I'm heading down to get a Digital Camera.

redline_13000
09-07-2002, 06:42 PM
i waited there from 2 am...ppl didnt start showing up till 6..fuck but i was first in line:D got some crazy ass dynamat, wiring kit, and lots of subs

Superesc
09-07-2002, 07:48 PM
Sweet I guess now I can wait for ppl to sell their old deck and such!! :D

Ferio_vti
09-07-2002, 09:37 PM
Tip for next year. Go in, check out prices and then head to Future Shop. I was talking to FS sales guy and they'll match all of Soundsaround's prices. And you know that sales aren't final at FS.

Of course this is after I bought a digi cam at the Sale.

lammer
09-07-2002, 09:57 PM
I went today, boy were some people mad when they said they ran out of digital cameras. sheesh. anyways you guys see that sweet mazda P5?! nice system hehe.

redline_13000
09-07-2002, 10:11 PM
i saw it..those pheonix gold subs are mad..and i love the custom setup in there..very clean:bigpimp:

OMOYYC
09-07-2002, 10:50 PM
Yeah, they ran out of the Canon S30 cameras. They advertised that they had 29 of them but in fact they only had 14. What a bunch of scam!

Superesc
09-07-2002, 11:17 PM
could they have sold some the night before??? (or their employee reserved some?!?!)

I was more interested in the alpine deck.. but then decided not to spend money on audio yet...

Ekliptix
09-07-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
Tip for next year. Go in, check out prices and then head to Future Shop. I was talking to FS sales guy and they'll match all of Soundsaround's prices. And you know that sales aren't final at FS.

Of course this is after I bought a digi cam at the Sale.

Really!? Canon G2's were selling for $888 or something at the Soundsurround sale, and I checked out future shop today too. FS were selling them for $1150 still. I really wanted a G2 but they were all gone(refurbished). So I got something else.

I saw that line for the S30's. There were only 14 availble, and only 14 people lined up because of the short supply. If they had the S40 there, I probably would have bought that(4mp vs 3)

OMOYYC
09-07-2002, 11:52 PM
Yeah the S30's were refurbished as well. The S40's are $200 more than the S30's.

I have a s40 myself, it's a great camera :)

I can probably get you one for $890 + GST. If you find it cheaper, please let me know :)

Ekliptix
09-08-2002, 12:00 AM
They told me the S30's were new. I already got a camera there, but thanks.

lammer
09-08-2002, 01:10 AM
ekliptix which camera did oyu get? my dad got the song p71 or something
anyways.
yeah i was in the line up for the canon S30, they guy came up to us and said he had only up to the guy in the black hat, and abunch of people were getting all pissed off, some old man was like whoa whoa I came from out of town for this sale!!

Ekliptix
09-08-2002, 01:14 AM
I was standing at the front of the line getting the saleman to convince me to buy a camera, so you were probably in the line then. Check my recent thread to see which camera I got(w/pics).

Ferio_vti
09-08-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix

Really!? Canon G2's were selling for $888 or something at the Soundsurround sale, and I checked out future shop today too. FS were selling them for $1150 still. I really wanted a G2 but they were all gone(refurbished). So I got something else.

I saw that line for the S30's. There were only 14 availble, and only 14 people lined up because of the short supply. If they had the S40 there, I probably would have bought that(4mp vs 3)

Yah, my mum bought the 34" flat/wide screen Sony Wega. :drool:
Afterwords, we went to see how much FS was selling and the sales guy said we should have just came to them and they totally would have matched the price. And I'm talking about the best/newest TV Sony's got.

Totally pissed us off.
Next year I'm just gonna bring a pad of paper and write down price and do all my shopping at FS at a leisurely pace.

kaput
09-08-2002, 05:35 PM

Ferio_vti
09-08-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by kaput
Do you have to prove the price or can you just make up numbers and show it to them at FS?

Surprisingly, no. I've asked them to match prices before without any proof. Last time I bought a mem card for PS2 I just told them that Toy Rus are selling them for less and the guy's like no prob, just let the cashier know. And that was that.

Chances are for big sales like Soundsaround, I'm sure FS has guys scoping out the prices anyways. Besides, it not like the saving were that huge.
ie, I bought a Sony Digicam at the Sale for $399, the claimed regular was $500. FS had it for $340.
Looks like some of the reg prices at the sale were higher than they really were.

Also, if you have a friend that went and bought something there, you can use their receipt as proof if you want FS to match prices.

boi-alien
09-08-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti

Totally pissed us off.
Next year I'm just gonna bring a pad of paper and write down price and do all my shopping at FS at a leisurely pace.

my friend did that for his pioneer deck but it turns out that he got gyped cause at FS they only sell the pioneer line and NOT the premier line, so u gotta be careful of those kinds of things.

aesthetically, it may look the same, but the components inside are nicer with the premier line

OMOYYC
09-08-2002, 07:24 PM
That's funny. I was there with 3 other orientals. I was 2 people in front of the old guy from out of town.

Originally posted by lammer
ekliptix which camera did oyu get? my dad got the song p71 or something
anyways.
yeah i was in the line up for the canon S30, they guy came up to us and said he had only up to the guy in the black hat, and abunch of people were getting all pissed off, some old man was like whoa whoa I came from out of town for this sale!!

lammer
09-08-2002, 11:30 PM
wait a minute cwave, were you with the girl that wanted to watch the movie on the tV? moulin rouge or whatever? i heard her saying something haha i was the guy behind you..cause i was infront of the old guy. well i was 2 guys infront of the old guy because he budged some chinese dude hehe.

Stratus_Power
09-08-2002, 11:37 PM
yeh some places doesnt even "check".. i remember when i was looking for a CF card, futureshop website has a 192 MB one for like 129.99 ( very good deal) but i went to future shop and they said they stopped carrying it, they only have 128 MB and 256MB( for like 189.99.. not as cheap as the 192) so i went to London drugs on Heritage, saw a 192MB card for 159.99.. so i asked the guy if they do price match, and i told them future shop has it for 129.99. they asked me if they have it in stock rite now and i said yes ( haha)... and he just go like " oh okay" and gave it to me for 129.99

OMOYYC
09-09-2002, 07:42 AM
I'm not sure about the Moulin Rouge bit... But we had a Samsung DVD player on the ground with jackets on top of it.

Originally posted by lammer
wait a minute cwave, were you with the girl that wanted to watch the movie on the tV? moulin rouge or whatever? i heard her saying something haha i was the guy behind you..cause i was infront of the old guy. well i was 2 guys infront of the old guy because he budged some chinese dude hehe.

Fluidic
09-09-2002, 07:23 PM
Damnit... I missed the sale!

Oh well! :confused: ;)

Peter

lammer
09-09-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Cwave
I'm not sure about the Moulin Rouge bit... But we had a Samsung DVD player on the ground with jackets on top of it.

ok i re read what you wrote haha you were the guy infront of the guy i was in front of.
haha kinda confusing.