PDA

View Full Version : bought a 95 Integra LS!!

03ozwhip
12-07-2010, 06:40 PM
so far i love the car, it drives well, looks decent for the year, very very little rust. needs a thermostat and i need to check why the ABS light is on but other than that, its a great car lol sorry about the really shitty BB pics.
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/cory_mr2/integra.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/cory_mr2/integra2.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/cory_mr2/integra1.jpg

jdmSiR
12-07-2010, 07:04 PM
yayy

03ozwhip
12-07-2010, 07:07 PM
lol nice, thanks. i know its nothing special but its an unmolested good condition teg as a second car, thought it was worth sharing, even with the shitty pics.

turbotrip
12-07-2010, 07:36 PM
looks to be in great condition. congrats

Ymerej472008
12-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Nice find! Hopefully it serves its purpose well!

KO22
12-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Good job! have had 4 integras so far, own one right now lol, and best car's i've ever owned.. cheap, reliable, and fun to work on.. enjoy

03ozwhip
12-07-2010, 11:08 PM
thanks guys, i definitely wanna do some things to it in the future i just wanna make sure its completely without issue before i do, that means get the ABS light off and change the thermosat, thats it i hope.

i have a safety inspection for nsurance on thursday, nothing is wrong with the suspension as far as i can tell but im secretly hoping there is so i can get some coilovers lol

RNB11
12-08-2010, 11:11 PM
nice catch, how much did you grab it for? kms? manual? planning on fixing the rust?

ekguy
12-09-2010, 09:37 AM
Yeah I've had two so far and I've liked both. My first one was a 1990 I got on a trade for a 1991 Explorer...We traded shitbox for shitbox so it was a piece. But my current one is a 1999 and it was pretty mint when I got it. Since then it's gotten hit and has a big dent in the back bumper.

Still a really fun car though. Very reliable.

Congrats on the purchase.

:thumbsup:

taemo
12-09-2010, 11:59 AM
congrats, always loved the integra aswell.. i miss mine sometimes.

03ozwhip
12-09-2010, 01:28 PM
thanks guys. unfortunately its an automatic but it had to be because my wife needs to drive it and she wont even try to learn manual. its got pretty high km, 280k. depending on how long i actually keep this car, i MAY fix the rust, its very very little so i can live with it for now.

i got the safety done on it and it passed but i need cv axles apparently. i have never changed cv's before and dont know what it entails so maybe some of you guys may be able to help point me in the right direction.

is there anyone on here that can get deals for OEM honda/acura parts? im sure they will be fairly expensive....

G-ZUS
12-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
thanks guys. unfortunately its an automatic but it had to be because my wife needs to drive it and she wont even try to learn manual. its got pretty high km, 280k. depending on how long i actually keep this car, i MAY fix the rust, its very very little so i can live with it for now.

i got the safety done on it and it passed but i need cv axles apparently. i have never changed cv's before and dont know what it entails so maybe some of you guys may be able to help point me in the right direction.

is there anyone on here that can get deals for OEM honda/acura parts? im sure they will be fairly expensive....

Get them from autovalue/partsource they are ~90 a axle, or try rockauto.com.. Get under the car and see if there are any rips/tears in the boots...Does it click when you are making turns?

slinkie
12-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

Get them from autovalue/partsource they are ~90 a axle, or try rockauto.com.. Get under the car and see if there are any rips/tears in the boots...Does it click when you are making turns?

+1 I just bought one at partsource for $90 for an ae92 corolla coupe. I am fairly new to wrenching myself, but I found it very easy to install, not sure about an integra but I assume it would be very similar. I just referred to the haynes manual (easy to find in pdf format with google) and borrowed some tools from my buddy. The only problem I ran into was cold fingers...no garage lol. I've had the new axle installed for three days and I'm not dead yet

But if you don't have the time or just don't feel like it, I'm sure most shops wont charge more than one hour of labour to change an axle:thumbsup:

n1zm0
12-09-2010, 01:58 PM
my preferred winter beaters are exclusively honda brands, they're very good at living through this season (with proper and preventative maintenance of course) :D

really for most fwd hondas (and most japanese fwds) remove wheel
remove axle nut
remove balljoint castle nut
swift whack with a manly mallet of your choice
prop hub/brake assy up
wiggle CV shaft free

03ozwhip
12-09-2010, 03:16 PM
ya its clicking i figured that was what the issue was and when i got the safety they confirmed it. ive installed an air ride system myself so i cant see why i couldnt figure this one out as well lol.

RNB11
12-09-2010, 05:22 PM
How much did you grab it for?

03ozwhip
12-09-2010, 05:50 PM
meh dont really wanna say in case i ever sell it and make millions off of it lol less than 2k though

bourge73
12-09-2010, 06:25 PM
^^ thats a great buy for under 2k. Now I want one damn.

03ozwhip
12-09-2010, 07:47 PM
i thought it was a good buy:dunno: if i were to take it into a shop for the cv axles/boots and thermostat maybe it wouldnt be that great of a buy but ill be doing that myself anyways. get that outta he way then ill add a few things to it.

anyone know about how to disconnect the antenna while still being able to use the radio? the power antenna doesnt work and it grinds like crazy trying to work when the car turns on and off its loud and annoying.

G-ZUS
12-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Dissconnect the motor

03ozwhip
12-09-2010, 07:58 PM
good plan, where the motor? lol im assuming i have to take the plastic from the hatch out?

adam c
12-09-2010, 08:18 PM
there's not a day goes by where i don't miss my integra

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
good plan, where the motor? lol im assuming i have to take the plastic from the hatch out?

go into the trunk, pull back the liner and disconnect the power

03ozwhip
12-09-2010, 08:29 PM
^^figured as much. man everyone loves(ed) their integras so much. why is that? i really like it for sure, but what made you guys like them so much?

adam c
12-09-2010, 08:37 PM
i had a GSR which had decent performance but i had a lot of good times in that car, plus it handles great, comfortable, extremely easy to work on, etc, you'll understand

03ozwhip
12-09-2010, 09:16 PM
ya i wish i had a gsr, i wish it was manual for that matter but whatever. i already told my wife that if she doesnt drive it much ill drive it into the ground then do a gsr swap with a 5 speed.

i NEED something fun for myself aside from my bike and i think this might be the car with a few goodies on it to make it better-ish. good to know i have a good base car i dont know much about integras but hope to learn.