PDA

View Full Version : New website by the city shows where snow plows are

whiskas
12-08-2010, 02:12 AM
http://www.cocnmp.com/snic/

Solid means plowed, transparent means in progress.

So far only 25% of plows are equipped with GPS.

It's really nice to see the city is at least willing to communicate with what they're doing. It's the first step in making things better.

I live along a priority 1 road and there are plows constantly going by throughout the day. In fact I saw a plow carefully clearing the sidewalk on the edge of an intersection so people don't have to step over a mound of snow when crossing the street.

syritis
12-08-2010, 03:37 AM
would be a better usage of time if they drove with their blades down, on the way to the community/location they are designated too.

1barA4
12-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by syritis
would be a better usage of time if they drove with their blades down, on the way to the community/location they are designated too.

This is still 1000% improvement over before. I live off what I would call a main road (as all bus routes to Country Hills except the BRT run along it) and last year the snow was literally car-roof-high and we didn't see a plow for over a month except for a single lane path cut through one part of the street.

wintonyk
12-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by syritis

I have never understood that. Plow driving on snow covered road with blade up. Just doesn't make any sense.

Back when I was in halifax, at the first snowflake you would see plows out shooting sparks.