PDA

View Full Version : Drunk kid cart wheeling Integra

Iceman_19
12-08-2010, 06:45 AM
Last night on deerfoot, I was passed by an older Integra (early 90s) at probably 140 ( I was doing 100 on the dot). 5-10 seconds after he passed me, I watched him eat the center barrier and proceed to cartwheel/barrel roll his car down the high way until he ended up on his roof in the middle lane. I was one of the first people out of my car to help. He had 2 passengers with him, luckily they only had minor cuts and what not from the glass (that I saw). All were wearing their seat belts. The driver had a head injury, and turns out he had been drinking. Everyone was probably 20 or younger.

SLOW THE FUCK DOWN. They are lucky to be alive.

JordanAndrew
12-08-2010, 06:54 AM
pics?

eglove
12-08-2010, 07:22 AM
yea, it was on 660 news tonight. I passed by probably about 10ish mins right after the crash. i passed the car as the firemen were pulling them out.

i tried to take pics but failed haha.

300zxfairlday
12-08-2010, 08:11 AM
http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20101208/CGY_calfrobe_crash_101208/20101208/?hub=CalgaryHome

Tomaz
12-08-2010, 09:27 AM
A hard lesson learned. I hope anyway.

bulaian
12-08-2010, 09:36 AM
I was heading north on Deerfoot at that time and was wondering WTF happened. There were at least 4 firetrucks and 4-5 cop cars there and traffic was backed up to 17th ave

SJW
12-08-2010, 09:36 AM
17 and drunk driving? Holyfuckinshit.

From Gen X to Gen F+

I weep for humanity.

Aleks
12-08-2010, 10:38 AM
I'd love to see his next insurance quote :nut:

Jlude
12-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

Ya really... good luck with that.

freshprince1
12-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

Yah, really. Trashed a car with passengers, driving drunk. Hopefully he's not allowed back on the roads for a long time. I hope they press charges...he could have easily killed his passengers. As was mentioned, hope some lessons were learned.

n1zm0
12-08-2010, 11:28 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KKwdXYHThws/Sf4FbdTsxxI/AAAAAAAAEIA/ke03CWLfwx4/s400/Darwin_Car_Badge_300.JPG

hit and a miss!

Iceman_19
12-08-2010, 11:39 AM
I have a shitty pic. I'll post it when I get home front work. Was fucking haywire to watch.

nismodrifter
12-08-2010, 12:06 PM
This douche fucked up my evening very nicely. Spent 1hr sitting in traffic because I couldn't get off at Peigan in time. Hope this isn't a Beyonder. Thank god he didn't hurt any one else.

kevie88
12-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Iceman_19

Should read:

DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE YOU DONKEYS!!!!!! They are lucky to be alive.

spikerS
12-08-2010, 12:36 PM
yeah, last night coming home on deerfoot had something similar happen, but it was a silver integra followed by a black cobalt, both thinking they were driving in nascar and racing each other. instant 3 lane lane changes and the like doing about 140-150 easy.

was hoping something like the above would happen to them, but no dice.

revelations
12-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by spikers
yeah, last night coming home on deerfoot had something similar happen, but it was a silver integra followed by a black cobalt, both thinking they were driving in nascar and racing each other. instant 3 lane lane changes and the like doing about 140-150 easy.

was hoping something like the above would happen to them, but no dice.

I know what you mean. I dont wish death on people in this situation; a serious crash "usually" teaches most kids a lesson in the results of driving like a ding-a-ling on public roads.

I was young and dumb once (maybe twice) but I learned from my close calls with death (no crashes though).

legendboy
12-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Last night on deerfoot, I was passed by an older Integra (early 90s) at probably 140 ( I was doing 100 on the dot). 5-10 seconds after he passed me, I watched him eat the center barrier and proceed to cartwheel/barrel roll his car down the high way until he ended up on his roof in the middle lane. I was one of the first people out of my car to help. He had 2 passengers with him, luckily they only had minor cuts and what not from the glass (that I saw). All were wearing their seat belts. The driver had a head injury, and turns out he had been drinking. Everyone was probably 20 or younger.

Exact same thing happened to me on memorial years ago, i was the first guy there. Was quite the adrenaline rush!

Turns out my guys were drunk native dudes with a bunch of drugs in the car. Fail

KO22
12-08-2010, 12:52 PM
driving drunk.. 17 and on a tuesday night.. wow,

you'd be surprised on the amount of idiot f*cks driving drunk these days >18, i'm only 19, and know idiot girls all ~18 who drive drunk to and from clubs.. one of them being my ex gf.. try to call her in once :rofl:

Iceman_19
12-08-2010, 08:35 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b145/Iceman_19/intergrafail-1.jpg

I apologize for the lousiness of this picture, but I didnt want to get out and take a picture while they were putting the poor kids on stretchers...Intergra is on its roof in front of the lead AMBERLAMPS. Impacted on the driver side A pillar. I had to pry the passenger door open, I was honestly afraid of what I was going to find...:thumbsdow

Iceman_19
12-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by kevie88

Should read:

Yeah a bit of both.

projekz
12-08-2010, 10:07 PM
+1 for license ban for life.

Cos
12-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Yeah but it is okay..... he had winter tires.

adidas
12-08-2010, 10:50 PM
I had to pry the passenger door open, I was honestly afraid of what I was going to find...:thumbsdow

Same thing here when a drunk driver almost crashed into me and a bunch of others while in downtown on a friday night. I was the first on the scene and didnt wanna be the first to open the door as i had no clue what to expect.

Originally posted by Cos
Yeah but it is okay..... he had winter tires.

The cause of the crash as mentioned on the news was due to him not having slush tires. The Police commented and said that it would of been 100% preventable had he had his slush tires on.

Live and learn i guess.

97luder
12-08-2010, 11:03 PM
feel bad for the integra and passengers ... as for the driver, one less dumb ass on the roads ( we hope) glade every one was ok tho

badatusrnames
12-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by 97luder
feel bad for the integra and passengers ... as for the driver, one less dumb ass on the roads ( we hope) glade every one was ok tho

Passengers should know better... even though it's tough to be the one speaking up at that age, peer pressure's a bitch.

Graham_A_M
12-09-2010, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by legendboy

Exact same thing happened to me on memorial years ago, i was the first guy there. Was quite the adrenaline rush!

Turns out my guys were drunk native dudes with a bunch of drugs in the car. Fail
Fuck, I would have walked back to my car and drove off....

:banghead: :banghead:

Drinking and driving is bad enough, but driving like a fucking idiot and thus in sighting an accident is absolutely unacceptable, leave alone when there is public around.
Perhaps those Natives didn't necessarily care about that with all those "White devils" around them at the time. :rolleyes:

Jay911
12-09-2010, 05:29 AM
Maybe because I'm not so fully awake, having to get up at this gawdawful hour to go to work, but it looks like there are traffic signals on the road you're on. Where on Deerfoot did this end up being?

In any case, good for you for stopping, and good for them that there weren't any grievous injuries. Maybe this will smarten the kid up in the long run.

Iceman_19
12-09-2010, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by adidas

Same thing here when a drunk driver almost crashed into me and a bunch of others while in downtown on a friday night. I was the first on the scene and didnt wanna be the first to open the door as i had no clue what to expect.

The cause of the crash as mentioned on the news was due to him not having slush tires. The Police commented and said that it would of been 100% preventable had he had his slush tires on.

Live and learn i guess.

I would think not doing a 140+ on cold roads with a lack of experience and full of booze would have made this preventable, but no, they are probably right.

Iceman_19
12-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Jay911
Maybe because I'm not so fully awake, having to get up at this gawdawful hour to go to work, but it looks like there are traffic signals on the road you're on. Where on Deerfoot did this end up being?

In any case, good for you for stopping, and good for them that there weren't any grievous injuries. Maybe this will smarten the kid up in the long run.

Haha, its just your godawful hour. Its at the flyover just after the Peigan Trail exit and about a km or so before the Glenmore Trail exit.

Tik-Tok
12-09-2010, 08:47 AM

Oh wahhh, my shift starts at 3am, suck it up princess :rofl:

Jay911
12-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Oh those are the center pole street lights, I see now. My bad. :)

Tik-Tok: But how long is your shift? I don't get unchained until 6pm and get home at 7:15 or so.

Tik-Tok
12-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Oh those are the center pole street lights, I see now. My bad. :)

Tik-Tok: But how long is your shift? I don't get unchained until 6pm and get home at 7:15 or so.

Ouch, mines only 10 hours, 3am-1pm.

euro_racer
12-09-2010, 10:39 AM
i was driving my gf home and i was driving in the far left lane going northbound when this happened. All i saw was the underside of a car, sparks and a whole lot of smoke in the corner of my eye when at once i heard a loud BANG and a large metal object hit my windshield :eek:

i went towards peigan, turned around, parked my car where this shit happened and inspected my vehicle with the police....needles to say, my car is scratched up on the hood, roof, left 1/4 and door and my windshield is scuffed up right in front of me.

police said the other people will be fine (no serious injury), but the case is under criminal investigation (ie:alcohol)....fucking 17y/o kid :banghead:

come to think about it i am VERY grateful that the object did not make it trough my windshield and VERY VERY grateful that the concrete dividers were there, otherwise this douche would have went for me head-on

Iceman_19
12-09-2010, 10:57 AM
The first cop on scene was probably just ahead of you or just behind yOu, as he gave me the same description.

euro_racer
12-09-2010, 10:59 AM
The first cop on scene was probably just ahead of you or just behind yOu, as he gave me the same description.

he was about 2-3 cars behind me, i saw him come in from glenmore and was going exactly 100km/h (instead of usual 110-120) when this happened lol

copynpaste
12-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Having past friends get killed my drunk drivers, I have absolutely no respect for anyone who drives drunk. If I was there and saw this, the last thing i would be doing is helping the driver. If anything id pull him out from under his car and throw him off the deerfoot ramp and we'll see how he likes that.

Kids are stupid, they usually dont learn their lesson until someone is killed.

freshprince1
12-10-2010, 12:37 PM
My brother went for a ride-along with a POlice officer one night. They responded to a multi-vehicle crash. A car had hit a guy on a motorcycle. The driver of the car was drunk. He said the cops and the EMTs went immediately to help the rider of the motorcycle and treated the drunk driver like crap. Rightfully so.

not sure why I felt like chiming in on this...kind of a pointless comment.

Squishy
12-12-2010, 02:16 PM
I'm assuming it's the same incident, but my friend was telling me the other day that another girl we know was flown past by the same car and ended up on it's roof.. Apparently the driver's scalp was like half peeled off or something.

ralliart_girl
12-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Unfortunately, it's not just young kids that do stupid stuff like this....i have seen many times were drunk asses get away with this stuff, even when they are charged at the scene.

J-hop
12-12-2010, 03:22 PM

Lex350
12-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by J-hop

As a parent you are directly responsible for how your kids turn out. Claiming your drunk driving son is just a bad apple is a poor excuse for bad parenting.

I hate when older folk claim "kids these days" are ruining our society when it was them who brought up the generation.

For the most part I agree with this but at the same time as a parent you can try your best to teach your kids responsibility, accountability and give them the tools to make their own proper decisions.......but it’s not a guarantee.

J-hop
12-12-2010, 06:43 PM

Lex350
12-12-2010, 09:22 PM
you can have a very active role on their life and treach them all you can but at the same time you are trying to teach them to grow up and be in dependent and make their own decisions. As a parent you can lay down the framework and then you hope for the best. I think one area parents sometimes don't pay enough attention to is the type of friends that their children hang with.

Those teenage years are when kids try to assert their independence and take on a great influence from their friends. As a parent if you push too hard you can push the kids away. It's not an easy thing with some kids.