PDA

View Full Version : RIP to Gripenfelters dog Zeus, a very sad story.

Pages : [1] 2

89coupe
12-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Such a tragic end to such a beautiful dog.

Hopefully they catch the fucker who did this.

Thought I would post this thread here and spread the word. Hopefully the guy who did this gets charged.

Story is here.
http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6549275&postcount=54

Type_S1
12-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Well why did the guy hit him? Did the dude just come in his backyard? on the street? :confused:

Either way that is fucked up if someone hit my dog even once I would attack them.

lilmira
12-08-2010, 10:49 AM
That's a beautiful dog indeed. Very cute pic with the girl using it as a big pillow. I wonder what really happened? So the guy just started hitting the dog because he panicked for no reason?

desi112
12-08-2010, 10:54 AM
the owner did nothing while zeus was being hit? something does not add up.

89coupe
12-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by lilmira
That's a beautiful dog indeed. Very cute pic with the girl using it as a big pillow. I wonder what really happened? So the guy just started hitting the dog because he panicked for no reason?

Did you not read the events?

The dog jumped up to greet the man, the man started to hit him.

The dog sat down and the man continued to beat him.

The dog did not attack because he was trained not to, so he sat defensively as the man beat him.

It all happened so fast that Grip didn't react out of shock most likely.

rage2
12-08-2010, 10:56 AM
First post in that thread explains what happened. Brad posted a single post deep in the thread that doesn't explain what started it.

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/showthread.php?t=786702

Sorry to hear what happened. Truly a sad story.

For those that don't know Grip, he hasn't been on here for a while now, he's a moderator here. Beyond OG.

Zephyr
12-08-2010, 11:06 AM
The guy freaked out and bashed Zeus in the head 15-20 times.

Edited for legal reasons...sorry

From the beginning of that thread.

This is why I hate religious fuckers who go around door to door. Had some fuckers open my gate once and let my husky out.

RIP Zeus, gorgeous dog too.

Jlude
12-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Wow... poor dog, poor kids... what a terrible situation.

If what this guy says is true and he said goodbye and tried to close the door on that gypsy, but he wouldn't let the door close, only to push his lies a little further.

lilmira
12-08-2010, 11:10 AM
I see. For some reason I thought that was the first post.

I can understand dog jumping up can be quite frightening to people who are afraid of dogs. Beating a dog to death as a reaction is a bit extreme to say the least.

I always get a bit nervous when my boy jumps in front of stranger.

D'z Nutz
12-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Fuck that makes me so mad. Such a beautiful dog. I remember Grip's videos of Zeus pulling him on a sled :cry:

If people don't want to buy into your religion than fuck off, especially when it's pretty clear they've found their own (IIRC, Grip is Sikh).

dj_rice
12-08-2010, 11:14 AM
That is a beautiful dog, I am sorry for your loss Grip. Your story makes me sad and can't wait to get home from work to see my dog.

We know who the killer is and he is being dealt with.

Sorry edited for legal reasons.

desi112
12-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
That is a beautiful dog, I am sorry for your loss Grip.

fuck that he should pursue charges for sure. the fella was asked to leave and he proceeded to kill grips dog...bullshit.

press charges

EK 2.0
12-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Fuck that makes me so mad. Such a beautiful dog. I remember Grip's videos of Zeus pulling him on a sled :cry:

If people don't want to buy into your religion than fuck off, especially when it's pretty clear they've found their own (IIRC, Grip is Sikh).

I too remember that video...

That dog was just an amazing animal...And yes...Grip is Sikh...

n1zm0
12-08-2010, 11:21 AM
From what i've seen, Grip isn't exactly one of christian faith by visual means as shown in his pic directory, so this jehovas witness or w/e shouldn't have pressed further (putting his foot in the door literally) the first time he said no thanks, then him being afraid of dogs as the cops found out - the second he saw them he should've left. also, WTF is a church door-to-door petitioner doing walking around with a big mag light??

Sad story for sures, i say press for full animal cruelty charges, this guy is totally at fault, he had a dog phobia in the first place then lets himself into your house literally and ends up beating your dog to death.

Zephyr
12-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Good they found the guy. Screw him for "crying". If you're truly "friends with God" then you would of not killed any of his creations. He took someone's family member, let him suffer.

Jlude
12-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr
Good they found the guy. Screw him for "crying". If you're truly "friends with God" then you would of not killed any of his creations. He took someone's family member, let him suffer.

Exactly!!!!!!

Fuck this guy, he should press charges and then sue this bastard for the value of the dog... which I'm sure wasn't cheap.

Pinner
12-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Being afraid of dogs and canvassing door to door with a Maglite (weapon)...Seems to me charges should be pressed.

This was no accident, it was foreseeable and that's why he had the Maglite !

BerserkerCatSplat
12-08-2010, 11:34 AM

Same here, Zeus looked like an awesome dog and Grip always talked about him like he was a family member.

Press the animal cruelty charges, make sure that douche has that shit on his record for the rest of his life.

JfuckinC
12-08-2010, 11:36 AM
or beat the stupid religeous fuck with a mag lite.

legendboy
12-08-2010, 11:36 AM
super sad story,

hope someone takes a mag light to the guy

Adachi
12-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Wow, RIP Zeus.
He was a beautiful dog, makes me wanna hug my dogs.
That's one dog I would have loved to meet.

FraserB
12-08-2010, 11:46 AM
So sad, hopefully Manitoba has real animal cruelty laws. Civil action should be the next thing on the list.

nismodrifter
12-08-2010, 11:48 AM
OG dog. I remember Grip posting pics of the dog with his newborn daughter. The interaction between the two was one of the cutest things I have seen to date on the internet.

RIP ZEUS

http://members.fortunecity.com/maximus8/53.jpg

GOnSHO
12-08-2010, 12:16 PM
i would kill if someone did anything even close to that to my dog!!!

GORGEOUS dog, RIP zeus...

press charges..

LadyLuck
12-08-2010, 12:19 PM
I have been chocking back tears since I read the story, I cant believe this happened to poor Grip and his family, I cant possibly imagine what they must be going through right now.

While pressing charges against this bible thumper will never bring back poor Zeus, this bastard needs to be held accountable for what he did and face the consequences!

Nismo, the guy wasnt a JW, they do not go around at night nor do they want to speak to you about Jesus :)

Either way, I hope Grip and his family can find some closure in the near future.

RIP Zeus, to the best dog I never had the pleasure of meeting :(

treg50
12-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
or beat the stupid religeous fuck with a mag lite.
Hell fucking yeah. I'm an animal person in general and had several pets, never had a dog but I know about how a pet is really a family member.

Being religious is not why this guy viciously attacked the dog: it's because he's a god-damned, dumbfuck, CRAZY idiot. Anyone who does that is not right in the head and needs to receive a pummeling. When you consider that some dumbass, waste of life like Russell Williams can be a Colonel in charge of Canada's largest airforce and ALSO be a rapist and killer of civilians and fellow Canadian soldiers... hm! fuck dude, just because someone has a title or money or position who's part of an organization doesn't mean they are a sound/good person.

Looked like a great creature, but he's definitely healthly and happy in a better place now.

jdmXSI
12-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Zeus looked like such a gentle dog. I Couldn't begin to imagine what I would do to the person if they attacked any of my animals...

I hope that thier family gets full closure and that they press charges and recoup any and all costs from the incident. Not that money will make what happened go away but it just might make the killer think twice next time... And if it happens again where a dog jumps on him, I hope it goes for his juggular... Those are my thoughts...

syeve
12-08-2010, 12:33 PM
This makes me sick. I don't even know what to say. My heart hurts for him, his family and Zeus.

TorqueDog
12-08-2010, 12:53 PM
I've been friends with Grip for a long time, and in my interactions with Zeus, he was nothing short of a gentle giant. One of the most amazing dogs I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Especially when I brought my dog over to his house to meet Zeus, Zeus was outstanding with Guinness.

It's an awful loss and my thoughts are with him and his family, I can't imagine what he's going through.

taemo
12-08-2010, 01:06 PM
RIP Zeus :cry:

looking at the webpage Grip created for Zeus
http://maximus7.fortunecity.com/
he's not just a pet but a member of his family, a son.
those pics of Zeus with his child is adorable.

I sort of understand why the guy would walk with a maglite flashlight (walking in the dark, self defense) and how he mistook Zeus greet for an attack.
There's something wrong on this guys head and seeing Zeus coming to him triggered him to go insane.
Who wouldn't defend themselves if a dog started charging at them, but punching Zeus to death was way out of the line and for that he should be punished.
He was at fault too because Grip already asked him to leave but he kept on persisting so wouldn't he be trespassing at that point too?

shakalaka
12-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Omg...can't believe this happened to Grip. Zeus was such a beautiful dog. I used to speak to Grip back in the day and all he did was talk about Zeus. Showed how much he loved him.

My condolences to you and your family Grip. I hope you can find the courage to get through these tough times.

RIP. :(

Barking_Spidre
12-08-2010, 01:13 PM
They suggested I might try to have him pay me directly for the replacement value of the dog.

How do you put a price on your family pet, not even a pet, but another child?
RIP :(

tobypaddock
12-08-2010, 01:21 PM
such a terrible story, very hard to read and i have never met Grip or Zeus.

as much as i dont want this p.o.s around any animal, i think he should be forced to do a TON of community service at a local animal shelter UNDER VERY CLOSE SUPERVISION and hopefully he will learn how amazing dogs are his regret will lay heavily on his soul/mind for the rest of his life.
I hope his church steps up also and takes serious action on not pushing their values on people, no means no - thank you goodbye - simple as that.

RIP Zeus

thefarnorth
12-08-2010, 01:27 PM
should put his ass in jail and label him as a pedo, i have a dog just like that and its the friendlest ive ever owned.

C_Dave45
12-08-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm sitting at lunch here in tears about this story. I don't know Grip or Zeus but I had a malamute that could be zeus' twin. My dogs are like family to me. I still can't grasp how it happened. The first swing and I would've been on that guy with a sucker punch to lay him out. I wouldn't be "pulling on his jacket"... But it's easy to say after the fact. Whole thing happened within seconds...but there would definitely be two injured parties.
Grip: please accept my most sincere thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Such a horrible tragedy to happen for no reason.

As for what religious group he was with, it doesn't sound like JW's. They do occasionally go door to door at night but they are encouraged never to put their foot in the door nor talk to kids without parents consent. Plus the whole "talk to them about my friend Jesus" isn't a phrase they would use. Regardless though, it sounds like a case of extreme terror of dogs, and I agree that probably something is "not quite right" with him. Definitely not a true representative of whatever religious group he's with.
God...so sad.

Skyline_Addict
12-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Sue. He was fully negligent on the matter, knowing he had a dog phobia yet putting himself into that situation.

C_Dave45
12-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
Sue. He was fully negligent on the matter, knowing he had a dog phobia yet putting himself into that situation.
You'll never get a case. The dog came out of the house and jumped on him. Grip has to be carefull the guy wouldn't counter sue. Doesn't matter that the guy was at Grips front door. Knocking on someones front door is not trespassing and the dog coming out of the house at the guy only shows the dog wasn't under control. A good defense lawyer could easily get Grip into some hot water. All the guy has to say is the "dog attacked me, I was in fear for my life and defended myself".

r3ccOs
12-08-2010, 02:17 PM
I don't even know what to say...

I left Winnipeg after my car got broken in, while my lab puppy was sleeping in it, while I went to pick up some take out (didn't even leave the car for more than 10 minutes)

Some prick broke into my car, tried to pry out my deck, smashed 2 of my windows, and hit my dog... hurt his snout and knocked out a few teeth, which luckily were just puppy teeth.

I mean he was a 4 month old lab puppy...

by the time I got back to my truck, he was just shivvering and was scared to the point of deffication/urination

I then tuck him into my jacket him, wave over a cop and they did NOTHING... NOTHING
No report, didn't even try to look around, they did nothing... more than anything, gave me shit for leaving my dog in the car... for fricken 10 minutes

after that, I just had to leave.

However this case is different, but I HATE how aggressive and (offensive to me) so many of these cult type religions can be... and the fact of the matter that this guy obviously has issues beyond his instinctive responce...

Most people I know who have any type of phobia surrounding pets, usually run away... not react in such a hostile manner and then...

let alone then just walk away like nothing happened...
wtf

shakalaka
12-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

You'll never get a case. The dog came out of the house and jumped on him. Grip has to be carefull the guy wouldn't counter sue. Doesn't matter that the guy was at Grips front door. Knocking on someones front door is not trespassing and the dog coming out of the house at the guy only shows the dog wasn't under control. A good defense lawyer could easily get Grip into some hot water. All the guy has to say is the "dog attacked me, I was in fear for my life and defended myself".

I don't want to get into the law here, but this can be argued both ways. Clearly the guy was trespassing to begin with which was his first breach, especially after Grip revoked his consent, disallowing the guy to be present on his property.
Secondly, even for self-defence the force used to defend yourself can not be too excessive. It has to be within the means required to defend yourself and 15-20 blows with a maglite to the dog sounds very excessive to me, especially when the dog wasn't retaliating.

Anyway that being said and to show some respect, I implore that you guys not get into the law or semantics of what happened or what can/can't be done in this thread. I won't be clustering the thread with such comments anymore. What happened is tragic enough for the family to deal with and they really don't need Beyond's legal opinion right now.

Grip (if you are reading this), just know that we are behind you 100% regardless of what you decide to do. Once again, I hope you and your family can muster up the courage to get through these tough times, I can't even begin to imagine what you must be going through. My best wishes with all of you, have faith in waheguru and as cliched as it may be but everything will be okay.

C_Dave45
12-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Anyway that being said and to show some respect, I implore that you guys not get into the law or semantics of what happened or what can/can't be done in this thread. I won't be clustering the thread with such comments anymore. What happened is tragic enough for the family to deal with and they really don't need Beyond's legal opinion right now.

Grip (if you are reading this), just know that we are behind you 100% regardless of what you decide to do. Once again, I hope you and your family can muster up the courage to get through these tough times, I can't even begin to imagine what you must be going through. My best wishes with all of you, have faith in waheguru and as cliched as it may be but everything will be okay.

That was a very nice post. You're absolutely right. Kudos, Shaka. Terribly sad about the whole thing. What a beautiful dog he was.
Again Grip...so sorry. Just can't imagine going through that. Lots of ppl sharing your grief.

texasnick
12-08-2010, 02:51 PM
WOW that is gut-wrenching.

There is a very similar looking dog in my neighborhood who my dog and I pass every day on our walks. I can see how they can be intimidating to people who aren't dog people, but that was ABSOLUTELY uncalled for and I hope this guy gets punished to the fullest extent possible. Fear is NOT an excuse to beat a dog to death with a maglite. Hearing grip's account of letting the dog outside after made me tear up.

:cry:

GOnSHO
12-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by taemo
RIP Zeus :cry:

looking at the webpage Grip created for Zeus
http://maximus7.fortunecity.com/
he's not just a pet but a member of his family, a son.
those pics of Zeus with his child is adorable.

i just looked through all those pictures!! dog is amazing...

sorry for your loss grip

CUG
12-08-2010, 03:11 PM
So the idiot canvasser pushed on the door when Grip was trying to close it? Grip shoulda... nevermind. Poor dog, I think the idiot should be charged. :whipped:

Dj_Stylz
12-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Poor dog, such a sad story and what a great dog!:cry:

baygirl
12-08-2010, 03:48 PM
What a sad story.
My condolences to the family.

bspot
12-08-2010, 03:48 PM
You absolutely need to press charges. This guy came onto your property and killed a member of your family. There is no "replacement value" for that.

I know a lot of tough guys are saying how they would have handled it, but good for you for not attacking a man in front of your little kids. This way you don't have to answer to the police, and there is only one person in the wrong.

TorqueDog
12-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Thread on CZ28 was removed for legal purposes. Grip was told not to discuss the details online until the investigation is complete.

jdmsource
12-08-2010, 04:44 PM
wow, i cant even begin to imagine with your family is going through, i lost one my my dogs last year and it was devistating, my deepest condolences goes out to you and your family. i remember you posting pictures when you first got him and judging by all the pics and stories your whole family loved him dearly and was part of the family, i know its very very tough but you have to stay strong for your wife and your kids

Scat E46
12-08-2010, 04:46 PM
I absolutely love dogs, and even better when the owner is a great owner, which is apparent from the site.

RIP.

Idratherbsidewayz
12-08-2010, 04:53 PM
I finally got up the courage to read the thread and am shaking with rage. Now sitting in my office fantasizing about beating the hell out of such a piece of shit.

RIP Zeus, and condolences to you and your family Gripenfelter.

T-Dubbs
12-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
Now sitting in my office fantasizing about beating the hell out of such a piece of shit.

RIP Zeus, and condolences to you and your family Gripenfelter.
i am in the same boat!

sorry to hear man, i love my dogs, and would do almost anything for them

"what goes around comes around"
i know its not what you would like to hear, but i hope that douche gets what is coming to him

almerick
12-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Sorry for your loss. I am both sad and furious after reading this thread. Hope that guy gets what's coming for him.

RIP Zeus

SScott
12-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Very difficult to look through his pictures as he aged. So sorry to hear of this needless loss...

SCHIDER23
12-08-2010, 05:35 PM
So sad, sorry for your lost. :(

RIP Zeus.

takkyu
12-08-2010, 06:35 PM
This could just as easily have been anyone else from that household. The guy deserves to be charged, and understand what he did. What if one of the children stood up and ran towards the guy and pushed him to leave? What if Grip himself had been more forceful?

This person carries a maglite around... whether he's anticipating an attack or looking for one, who knows, either way he's being dangerous to himself and others by being on edge. If he's paranoid about walking around at night, then he should stay home.

My condolences to Grip and his remaining family members.

bignerd
12-08-2010, 07:09 PM
I find it a very odd first reaction to beat something over the head with a Maglite, seems to me if a dog jumped up on you your first reaction would be to kick it or knee it in the chest, even to turn and run away.

As others have said I highly doubt he was carrying that flashlight for "lighting purposes" and assume the flashlight was the large one that requires either 2 "D" batteries (weighs 23 ozs) or the 3 "D" battery option that weighs 30 ozs (including battery weight). Mind you there are some that are even larger and heavier...

Poor dog.

C_Dave45
12-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by SScott
Very difficult to look through his pictures as he aged. So sorry to hear of this needless loss...
I finally had a chance to look through that site as well, now that I'm on the home PC.... brought tears to my eyes. Zeus was obviously much more than just a dog or pet. Wow :cry:

95teetee
12-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by desi112
the owner did nothing while zeus was being hit? I feel like I'm missing part of the story too- the POS hit the dog 15-20 times while the owner was standing there?

either way, the guy should be given a colonoscopy with that maglite.
Beautiful dog:( RIP

Kona9
12-08-2010, 08:11 PM
I remember Grip and Zeus from back in the day. Such a sad story. I can't even think of what would happen if something happened to my dog.

My condolences are with you and your family Grip!

RIP Zeus

01RedDX
12-08-2010, 08:26 PM

Gripenfelter
12-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Thanks guys.

To clarify a few things...

The police said the guy might have been a little mentally ill. He did not have the permission of the church to be going door to door.

The guy called out to my kids and Zeus went over to inspect the guy as to why he was calling my kids.

Zeus jumped up on him to greet him and sniff his face. The guy freaked out and started pounding on his head. He hit him 5 times in 2 seconds. After the 5th time I realized he was using a flashlight and not his hand. Zeus jumped down. I started yelling and reached out and grabbed Zeus.

My other dog Isis bit the guy's swinging arm and pulled him down the stairs to stop him from hitting Zeus. He managed to hit Zeus about 15-20 times.

I fully intend on crucifying this guy to the full extent of the law. I've filed a complaint with the Provincial Animal Rights authority through my vet and they've taken it over.

Winnipeg Police filed a report as well.

Also taking him to small claims for replacement of the dog. No clue what value to put on him.

D'z Nutz
12-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Hey Grip, nice to see a post from you again though I wish it were under better circumstances. I hope you get this fucker good. I can't even begin to imagine what your family, especially the kids, are going through :(

Pinner
12-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Gripenfelter

Also taking him to small claims for replacement of the dog. No clue what value to put on him.

Sorry for your loss.

Lawyer up and make him pay for your families emotional distress.

Zephyr
12-08-2010, 09:19 PM
I hope things go better for you and your family! I can't imagine how hard this must be for your kids! Fry the fucker!!!

Gripenfelter
12-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Sorry I haven't been around much. forums.beyond.ca is banned from our office for some reason.

CUG
12-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Thanks guys.

To clarify a few things...
He did not have the permission of the church to be going door to door.
This is even more infuriating. He has ZERO reason to be at your house. To continue after it was evident that you're of a different faith, by calling to your kids is just completely aggravating.

Little Dragon
12-09-2010, 12:10 AM
RIP Zeus

Sorry about your loss Grip, my girlfriend just got a husky. They are beautiful and very smart dogs.

Shax
12-09-2010, 01:19 AM
My condolences Zeus was a beautiful animal and sounds like an even greater member to your family. It's people like this that aggravate me so much. Destroy him man, good luck.

Graham_A_M
12-09-2010, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by CUG
This is even more infuriating. He has ZERO reason to be at your house. To continue after it was evident that you're of a different faith, by calling to your kids is just completely aggravating.

Atheism/Agonism FTW. Shit like this makes a person want to bomb a church. Religion never ceases to sicken me. :rolleyes:

RIP Zeus, and so sorry "Gripenfelter" thats a horrible way for a family member to die. :(

Gripenfelter
12-09-2010, 08:24 AM
I'm blaming myself a lot right now. If I hadn't trained him to be so gentle he might have defended himself instead of standing there and just taking it. :(

Sorry guys I have to remove vital details of the events from this thread because of the impending trial.

Just know he was killed deliberately while my smaller dog tried to help save him.

Another thing that really bugs me which I just found out last night:

The killer works with one of my family member's girlfriends. He's a PC programmer. Sorry I can't reveal more details about his identity. Basically she will have to see this guy every other day and know he killed our dog.

Small city of 750,000 people.

zipdoa
12-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Grip,

I'm very sorry to hear about what happened... I can only imagine how it would feel to lose my 15-month Malamute. Their goofy personality and wicked sense of humour make for great a companion with a lot of character - makes it even harder to say good-bye when it's all over.

I hope this guy gets what is coming to him.

Tik-Tok
12-09-2010, 08:54 AM
I'm blaming myself a lot right now. If I hadn't trained him to be so gentle he might have defended himself instead of standing there and just taking it. :(

Don't blame yourself man, you trained your dog properly, you couldn't expect some religious schizo to come to your door and attack your dog-child. If he'd have been more aggressive and attacked and injured the guy, then it's entirely probable that you'd have to put him down anyways (knowing our ridiculous courts).

sillysod
12-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Don't blame yourself man, you trained your dog properly, you couldn't expect some religious schizo to come to your door and attack your dog-child. If he'd have been more aggressive and attacked and injured the guy, then it's entirely probable that you'd have to put him down anyways (knowing our ridiculous courts).

Couldn't agree more.

syeve
12-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Also,

I am very sorry for your loss, he looked like the king of dogs.

Z_Fan
12-09-2010, 01:49 PM
When I look at the pictures you've taken of the dog, I know you love this dog like you love your own children. I'm sorry for your loss.

You make sure this guy does not go unpunished. Know this is not your fault in any way.

Zeus needs justice.

R-Audi
12-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Im sorry for your loss.. after reading the story I went home and gave my Dog a big hug...Its tough enough to lose a pet, I cant imagine how tough it would be with something like this.

Hamann
12-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Sorry for your loss, I can't Imagine what your family is going through right now :(

89s1
12-09-2010, 06:28 PM
I remember Grip well from my WinnipegHeights days, really sorry to hear about Zues.

Saw pics of him as a puppy and when your daughter was born. Great dog. I hope everything goes well with the proceedings, and again, Sorry for your loss Grip.

bignerd
12-09-2010, 07:03 PM

Well you will never be able to put his true value on him... I don't think they pay for pain and suffering here.

I would put purchase price, vet bills, food, maintenance costs, any training costs (and time) or supplies you bought for him etc... as well as any costs related to funeral/cremation including urn or whatever you choose to do.

He was a beautiful Mal.

gmoney82
12-10-2010, 12:04 PM
RIP sorry to hear about the brutal loss. Wish I was able to read the full post before it got taken down

JAYMEZ
12-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Aww man that hits home .. I couldnt imagine if someone did that to one of my dogs.. Im always worried about someone doing that to my dogs.

RIP Zeus , Sorry to hear you lost a family member . I hope he gets what he deserves .

Gripenfelter
12-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Some members have asked if they can send donations. I'm sorry but I won't be accepting any cash because it feels wrong.

I have contacted the Malamute Rescue of Canada and they will be setting up a fund in Zeus's name so people can send cash to them in memory of Zeus. 100% of the money goes to the dogs.

I will provide the link once it comes online.

jonnycat
12-10-2010, 03:59 PM
What a nightmare! So sorry for your loss.

Gripenfelter
12-11-2010, 08:36 AM
Necropsy report is complete. Broken snout. Brain hemmorage. Cracked skull. 3 fractured vertebrae. :(

zipdoa
12-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Necropsy report is complete. Broken snout. Brain hemmorage. Cracked skull. 3 fractured vertebrae. :(

Those results are sickening.

Hopefully that'll disprove any plea of self defence?

JAYMEZ
12-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Jesus thats horrible..... How would you control yourself from not doing the same back to him. GOd that makes me so angry.

Gripenfelter
12-11-2010, 02:22 PM
http://www.malamuterescue.com/ _ _Zeus's memorial fund link is up. The pic and some of the wording will be updated _later. If you send a donation by paypal please put in comments that this is in memory of Zeus. If you send a cheque or cash please make a note somewhere that it is in memory of Zeus. All donations go to the rescue to help other Malamutes. 100% of the cash goes to the dogs as it is run by volunteers._

Even if you send $1. Every little bit helps my family get closure in knowing his memory will help other dogs have a better life._

jdmsource
12-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Donated! Good on you Grip to set this up and have proceeds go to help other dogs

FraserB
12-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Writing a check now. Again, my deepest condolences.

A790
12-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Dude honestly this is so tragic. I hope you take the guy for everything you can.

TheCheff
12-11-2010, 02:51 PM

fuck that's multiple strikes with a huge amount of force...WTF was wrong with this moron. I haven't been following this thread too closely, is this person having any repercussions for his actions???

Grip, Good on you for not losing it I think i would seriously injure someone if they did that to my dog.

zipdoa
12-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Donated.... and then forgot to put a note in for Zeus so I donated again. :thumbsup:

D'z Nutz
12-12-2010, 01:13 AM
Grip, I really hope you do crucify this guy. Like his friend Jesus.

bignerd
12-12-2010, 01:35 AM
Donated. So sorry to hear about the autopsy report, those results are really really shocking. Poor dog.

I cannot begin to imagine the anger and hurt you feel that someone was able to come to YOUR home and do this. I hope that your family can still salvage a Christmas out of this mess.

Gripenfelter
12-12-2010, 03:34 AM
Thanks for the support guys.

Grip, I really hope you do crucify this guy. Like his friend Jesus.

AMEN.

Adachi
12-14-2010, 01:26 AM
I think this thread deserves a bump.

R.I.P. Zeus.

GTI CANADIAN
12-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Let's hope this guy gets what's coming to him. Poor little dog. FUUUUUUUU

friedn00dles
12-14-2010, 10:32 AM
did this ever hit the media? Zues was a beautiful dog, It's sad to see him go like that.

RIP Zues.

to the killer: May you burn in hell

Gripenfelter
12-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Police called me 2 hrs ago to ask me where I was last night at 11:00 pm. Apparently there was a "SERIOUS INCIDENT" concerning the killer. No clue what happened. I was in bed asleep and have never shared the killer's identity. So either something happened and he's paranoid or someone somewhere leaked who he was.

Police know I know his identity and where he lives (100 metres away from me).

Seem to be a lot of people at his house right now. All the lights are on.

I hope the piece of dog crap is dead.

TorqueDog
12-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Holy shit. Keep us posted.