PDA

View Full Version : License plate vandalized, what to do?

ROBOCOP
12-08-2010, 05:20 PM
My license plate was bent to shit when I came back to my car. I have no idea what they were trying to do but there is no way I can un-mangle this plate. It was probably some stupid kids at the high school by Northland mall.

I don't want to get pulled over and be accused of trying to avoid red light cameras by bending my plate. Could I walk into any registry and get a new plate or will there be a large fee? I have been using the same plate for the last 3 years every time I renewed and from what I could recall they don't charge you for a new plate at the time of registration, but what about vandalized plates?

Supa Dexta
12-08-2010, 05:23 PM
30 bux or sumtin gets you a new plate if I remember correctly?

Scat E46
12-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by ROBOCOP
My license plate was bent to shit when I came back to my car. I have no idea what they were trying to do but there is no way I can un-mangle this plate. It was probably some stupid kids at the high school by Northland mall.

I don't want to get pulled over and be accused of trying to avoid red light cameras by bending my plate. Could I walk into any registry and get a new plate or will there be a large fee? I have been using the same plate for the last 3 years every time I renewed and from what I could recall they don't charge you for a new plate at the time of registration, but what about vandalized plates?

Was it a custom plate?

My ex had her plate stolen from northland mall. (custom plate).

The cops said nothing you can really do - pay up and get another one.... sucks, I know.

omfgcurtis
12-08-2010, 05:30 PM
At the local registry its $23.00 to replace lost/stolen plate, i would assume this would also fall under the same category.

ROBOCOP
12-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Awesome thanks, $20-30 isn't so bad, sucks that I have to waste my time and money cause some punks wanted to mess around.

It's not a custom plate by the way, just a regular 6 character plate. Oh well looks like I will get a 7 character plate now.

Iceman_19
12-08-2010, 08:47 PM
It wasnt punks. it was boxy.

CMW403
12-08-2010, 09:02 PM
I AM BOXEEE EHEH

:(

Iceman_19
12-08-2010, 09:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l12Csc_lW0Q

Graham_A_M
12-09-2010, 02:32 AM
The things I would do to Boxy's Box. :love: :love:

Synne
12-09-2010, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
The things I would do to Boxy's Box. :love: :love:

for reals? have you not see the pix of her in real life? NOt that hot!

Graham_A_M
12-09-2010, 03:10 AM
^ No I haven't, can you post them here? From what vids I've seen, :hitit: :hitit: :hitit:

G-ZUS
12-09-2010, 10:21 AM
this happened to me years ago...I did not notice it until I got pulled over for it. The officer asked me if I was trying to avoid camera tickets, I said no sir, bunch of idiots in my neighbourhood, they also did it to my dad. He told me to straighten it out and go.