PDA

View Full Version : Help with BT problem on Pioneer.

DonJuan
12-09-2010, 07:01 PM
I am at my wits end with my deck. It is a Pioneer DEH-P7900BT. Ive had no probs with it at all, till now. With the new cellphone law coming in effect, I'm trying to connect my new Samsung Galaxy S to it. [b]I'm looking for the handsfree microphone kit for it as well so if anyone knows where to get one plz let me know.[b]

Anyways here's there real prob, the problem is in the Bluetooth Audio part, where it cant connect to my phone. It will search for the phone in the BT phone and will pair with it etc, but not in the BT Audio. When I use the deck to scan, it finds my phone and my phone asks me for password. Ive tried 0000, 1234, abcd, etc, but nothin. It will only pair with my phone in the BT phone screen when I scan for devices through my phone it doesn't ask for a password, but wont play any BT audio.

Whats weird is on my brothers JVC deck, I scanned for my phone through the deck and it connected and automatically started playing the audio etc and i recieve phone calls through it and everything. No passwords no trouble.

Any car audio gurus out there that can help? I am guessing its not my phone that is the problem since it connects to the JVC on no prob.

Kevin

revelations
12-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Is there a BT or an OS update from Pioneer for the unit?

DonJuan
12-09-2010, 11:03 PM
I never thought of that. Where would i check that?

revelations
12-09-2010, 11:36 PM
Sorry... thought your unit was a double din device that ran Windows CE for an OS.

Try googling your problem and the unit.

DonJuan
12-10-2010, 07:55 PM
I got something in German, and when translated, didn't make much sense.

revelations
12-11-2010, 01:08 AM
http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/81907-bluetooth-2-1-good-bad-news.html

Same problem as you?

DonJuan
12-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Big thanks Revelations! Lots of good info in that link.

After a lot of reading, it seems that it is a problem with the Galaxy operating system for BT and the older Pioneer BT system. So i gotta wait for an update I guess.

From that thread:
"Hi, Stephen. I apologize for the length of time it took me to respond to your email regarding your bluetooth. For the Android 2.1 update, Google has slightly altered the bluetooth stack of the Android operating system to change some functionality, for example adding new profiles to the existing programming. Unfortunately, this did somewhat change the compatibility of the device when pairing to other units. You can attempt to remove the bluetooth partnership with the device by pressing Menu while on the Home screen>Settings>Wireless & Networks>Bluetooth settings. Tap and hold on the device in question and selecting Unpair. After this, you can try to attempt to reconnect the devices via bluetooth to test functionality."

Unfortunately, due to the change in bluetooth programming, it not guaranteed to function.