PDA

View Full Version : Revelstoke

Seks
12-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Thinking of going there in Jan for 3 nights. I looked at the list of accomodations available in town and on the hill itself. Which ones do you guys recommend? How's night life there?

ercchry
12-10-2010, 10:02 AM
was there last weekend, imo the stuff on the hill is over priced (have not stayed there, but the hotels in town that are 5 min away are a 1/3 the price)

downtown is where you will find the night life, we never did make it to the bar though since the full day of skiing powder tired us out too much :rofl:

but i have a buddy that lives there and from what they say they seem to have a fair bit of activity downtown. not sure which hotels are good though as i crashed at his house, but the super 8 is close to the timmy's and near downtown and cheap ($100 a night if we stayed there last weekend)

tenth
12-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Have stayed at the Swiss Chalet Motel before. Worked out pretty well. Reasonably nice for a motel, continental breakfast, and free access to the aquatics center in town (which was actually really good). Was a ~10 minute walk to the main drag from there.

Idratherbsidewayz
12-10-2010, 02:36 PM
The Village idiot is a pub that many locals frequent. Good food, fun atmosphere.

If you like Sushi, some of the best I've ever had is in Revelstoke. It's called Kawakubo Japanese Restaurant, try the "Red Dragon Roll".

As for staying there, I don't really know as I usually crash on someones floor/couch, haha.

speedog
12-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by tenth
Have stayed at the Swiss Chalet Motel before. Worked out pretty well. Reasonably nice for a motel, continental breakfast, and free access to the aquatics center in town (which was actually really good). Was a ~10 minute walk to the main drag from there. Have stayed here every summer on our way through to our holiday place for the past 13 years - place is very clean, late check-ins (10-11PM) have never been an issue and some of the rooms are quite large.

Seks
12-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Are there any individual lodges/condos/cabins in revelstoke that has hottub? Tried googling but no luck.

ExtraSlow
12-12-2010, 12:33 PM
vrbo might be the place to check out for condos.

boosted_Z
12-12-2010, 12:50 PM
+1 for staying in town. Save a bunch on accommodations.

I've heard good things about 'the village idiot'. Only had good experiences with the locals, too.

thrasher22
12-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Night life is okaaay. Its a small BC ski/logging town, not whistler. The mountain more than makes up for it though.

The super 8 on the highway is decently priced, but nothing special. Last time I went we rented out a house near downtown, but can't seem to find it online anymore (I think it was the beaver creek chalet or something...)