PDA

View Full Version : Need advice: Globe Warranty Coverage Issue

t_soarer
12-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Going to try keeping it straight to the point.

- Bought an '06 BMW 535xi from Automaxx in September.
- Purchased additional warranty for 2 years of coverage (with Globe Warranty)
- A few days later had the suspension light come on while driving on the highway. It went away.
- The light came back several times and eventually stayed on.
- Took the car in to BMW for a full inspection and they printed a report saying something along the lines of: "The suspension will need to be replaced at some point"
- Now after talking with Globe Warranty, they are refusing to provide coverage for the suspension replacement (estimated at about $10K), because of the above statement (in report)
- Got in touch with BMW and asked them to print a report detailing when and how many times the light came on.

Anyone ran into issues like this before? Any feeback is appreciated.

you&me
12-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by t_soarer
Going to try keeping it straight to the point.

- Bought an '06 BMW 535xi from Automaxx in September.
- Purchased additional warranty for 2 years of coverage (with Globe Warranty)
- A few days later had the suspension light come on while driving on the highway. It went away.
- The light came back several times and eventually stayed on.
- Took the car in to BMW for a full inspection and they printed a report saying something along the lines of: "The suspension will need to be replaced at some point"
- Now after talking with Globe Warranty, they are refusing to provide coverage for the suspension replacement (estimated at about $10K), because of the above statement (in report)
- Got in touch with BMW and asked them to print a report detailing when and how many times the light came on.

Anyone ran into issues like this before? Any feeback is appreciated.

06 535Xi? 535Xi didn't come out til 08...

Do you know what caused the light? Most common is the Dynamic Handling package, but afaik that was only available on the 545/550 until later than MY06.

And I think you're referring to Global Warranty.

If that's the case, I believe they max each claim at $4,000 after paying the deductible (I think ~$100), so you're only covering ~40%.

What you would need is a work order for replacement, stating the work will commence and is needed immediately. They're only trying to buy themselves more time, hoping that the issue will go away and you'll forget about it until it's too late... as in your warranty has expired.

Which BMW dealer were you dealing with?

you&me
12-10-2010, 05:44 PM
... Double Post

crapstixs
12-11-2010, 05:03 AM
that is awsome, bmw gave you the we dont know what it is so fuck off explination. one day my engine will have to be replaced also. alot of things can cause the suspension light like a pitch and yaw sensor. ide say there was no codes so they didnt look into it very far. from what ive heard with aftermarket warrantys your better off just paying for the repairs, because you will be chasing down people in seiberia trying to get your money back.

Skrilla
12-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Isn't Global Warranty a joke? I have heard lots of bad shit about those types of warranty plans....Either way best bet like they said is to get a more detailed explanation...

Hope it gets sorted out

t_soarer
12-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Update: Spoke with BMW yesterday and asked them to generate a report detailing all the times the light when on...going to see if the vehicle has had this problem before purchase.

THEMONK
12-11-2010, 01:20 PM
You should've been given a safety inspection report when you bought the car, data saved in the car's comp will also have all the codes that came on saved. Call BMW and see when the last time the car was in for a service. Check the dealer's stock number given to the car, if it's in numerical order you might be able to determine how long they've had it for and if the dealership sent it to BMW and they knew of the existing problem but didn't disclose it to you they will have to pay to fix it.

t_soarer
12-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback :)