PDA

View Full Version : Large Accident in Citadel? (Corner of Nose Hill Dr and Country Hills)

sneek
12-12-2010, 03:15 AM
I going to Superstore from Arbor Lake when I spotted a pretty large accident involving what looked to be an Audi A6 (C5 or C6) with a taxi, a black Civic and a black Sierra across the street. There were not police on site and the accident looked fairly serious, so I pulled around to see if everybody was okay. By the time I was able to turn around the police had arrived on scene.

Perhaps in an unrelated note, as I was pulling into Superstore the police were just arresting someone in a gold coloured Grand Am with pretty reasonable front end damage.

Anyone have any details?

speedog
12-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Post up the make and model of the taxi and beyond CSI will be able to hook you up with the details.

Chester
12-12-2010, 12:37 PM
I was there, watched the whole accident. Audi was travelling down Country Hills blvd when a Ford F150 quad cab blew the red light going maybe 140. Sent the audi flying into the cab and civic that were waiting at the lights leaving Citadel. I went to check on the guy in the truck while my buddy checked on the Audi and he was SHIT FACED. Guy in the truck actually said to me "I'm drunk, I'm fucked, I gotta get outta here", then he got out of his mangled truck all bloody and tried to flee down Country Hills. What a piece of shit.

Chester
12-12-2010, 12:41 PM
truck

Chester
12-12-2010, 12:42 PM
car

SpeedIllusion
12-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Holy insurance rapage batman...hope everyone was ok except the for guy in the F150

chkolny541
12-12-2010, 12:59 PM
o wow

black13
12-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Chester
I was there, watched the whole accident. Audi was travelling down Country Hills blvd when a Ford F150 quad cab blew the red light going maybe 140. Sent the audi flying into the cab and civic that were waiting at the lights leaving Citadel. I went to check on the guy in the truck while my buddy checked on the Audi and he was SHIT FACED. Guy in the truck actually said to me "I'm drunk, I'm fucked, I gotta get outta here", then he got out of his mangled truck all bloody and tried to flee down Country Hills. What a piece of shit.

holy shit wow! at least the dumbass knew he was fucked
hope the dude in the Audi pulls through.

ExtremeSi
12-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Wow I hope everyone was ok in that Audi. Makes me realize the benefits of having a newer car with more safety features when you got fucking drunk idiots plowing through intersections.

sneek
12-12-2010, 01:15 PM
That what I predicted, the speed limit around that area isn't high enough to cause that kind of damage.

By the time I pulled around, the police were talking to a pretty bloody guy in a white shirt and black hoodie.
I hope that he has deep pockets because his insurance company sure as hell won't cover him. IIRC SPF1 Section A Exclusion B (I)

rage2
12-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Wow thats nuts. I actually read about the accident in my cab last night. It popped up on the guy's screen, huge accident in that intersection, and to avoid the area.

dj_patm
12-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Fuck me. Reading about drunks like that makes me never even wanna think about driving slightly buzzed. Fuck that.

Scary shit.

eatrice
12-12-2010, 02:41 PM
The audi looks like it did pretty good for a 100+km/h t-bone. Hope they're all ok.

infected
12-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Wow... crazy :eek:

Manhattan
12-12-2010, 02:48 PM
This is why I avoid driving at these times at night. Especially during the holidays and halloween when u are guaranteed to have drunks on the streets. Any updates on the Audi driver?

Cos
12-12-2010, 03:06 PM
That is crazy. How old was the guy in the F150? Kind of looks like a guy who sold me my truck vehicle.

Man I took a cab from downtown to my house last night and it was $40.00 WAY cheaper than I thought it was going to be. No excuses anymore.

rage2
12-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Just don't pass out in the cab. Every time I do it gets to 60 bucks! I swear they drive around in circles or sit around just to make more money off me haha.

dj_patm
12-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Just don't pass out in the cab. Every time I do it gets to 60 bucks! I swear they drive around in circles or sit around just to make more money off me haha.

I think I'd rather pass out then throw my wallet at the cabbie and yell "I want to give you a good tip!". Luckily the cabbie was nice and my girlfriend clued in haha

pf0sh0
12-12-2010, 04:30 PM

happens to me all the time. :rofl:

dezmarez
12-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Cos
That is crazy. How old was the guy in the F150? Kind of looks like a guy who sold me my truck vehicle.

Man I took a cab from downtown to my house last night and it was $40.00 WAY cheaper than I thought it was going to be. No excuses anymore.

Appreciate you being responsible!!

Cos
12-12-2010, 06:35 PM
^^ haha thanks.

I was surprised at the cost actually because from my house to the airport is usually $20.00 so I thought we were gonna get hit with a 50/60 dollar tab.

Just thinking about this. How the hell do you do 140 when you are drunk. Not only is drunk driving retarded I just cant see how someone could think doing 140 on Country Hill even SOBER is responsible.

SKR
12-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Just thinking about this. How the hell do you do 140 when you are drunk. Not only is drunk driving retarded I just cant see how someone could think doing 140 on Country Hill even SOBER is responsible.

That's what caught my attention too. There's being drunk and weaving in and out of your lane, slowing down and speeding up, being slow to react, that kind of shit. Serious actions that can have serious consequences, sure. But this a major fuck up. Some things you can't blame on the liquor. This sounds like it's less about a drunk driver and more about a stupid person. He probably would have fucked up eventually, drunk or not, but he happened to be drunk this time.

sneek
12-13-2010, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Cos
^^ haha thanks.

I was surprised at the cost actually because from my house to the airport is usually $20.00 so I thought we were gonna get hit with a 50/60 dollar tab.

Nah, cabs aren't really that expensive usually. I think it is about 70 with tip from downtown to Patterson to Edgemont. From an insurance standpoint, they are VERY cheap simply because a)No risk of being liable for any sort of accident and b) your insurance company will rape you if you ever pull a stunt like this and lastly and most importantly, you don't put lives in danger :thumbsup:

I for sure thought the guy with front end damage on the Gold Grand Am was part of this. Perhaps that guy was drunk too...yikes!

charizard
12-13-2010, 02:07 AM
i would not have been upset in the slightest had the f150 guy been seriously injured, but it's terrible to know that the audi guy is gonna suffer for that jackass's decision. hope he's gonna be okay.

Chester
12-13-2010, 10:15 AM
The guy in the F150 was around 50.

Skyline_Addict
12-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Terrible. Good on you Chester, for helping out at the scene.

Hope the people in the Audi will be ok.

jdmXSI
12-14-2010, 10:16 AM
I usually choose keys please or drivers alternative when I go out. Yeah it's maybe $10-15 more than a cab but I have my car in the morning. From richmonds pub to market mall was $3x plus tip.

rage2
12-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
I usually choose keys please or drivers alternative when I go out. Yeah it's maybe $10-15 more than a cab but I have my car in the morning. From richmonds pub to market mall was $3x plus tip.
How are the guys that drive your car? I don't really trust others too much with my car...

Do you have to schedule them ahead of time? It might actually work out cheaper, since I have to pay $30 to get back downtown the next day to get my car haha.

clem24
12-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Guy in the truck actually said to me "I'm drunk, I'm fucked, I gotta get outta here", then he got out of his mangled truck all bloody and tried to flee down Country Hills. What a piece of shit.

Wow I sincerely hope you've talked to the police and let them know this is what the guy told you. They'll likely need you as a witness so they make sure this guy is found guilty of all charges thrown at him.

derpderp
12-14-2010, 11:52 AM

Yah, one time I remember I was really drunk and I told the driver to take me to TD first to get money, I got $40 and then he took me home. The next day I woke up and couldn't find my bank card, called the bank and they asked what my last transaction was which I thought was the $40 withdrawal, turns out I paid the cab driver $40 on debt and I couldn't find the cash, some how I gave $80 to the driver.

Chester, what happened when the guy tried to flee? Drunk ass just fall over or something?

Kloubek
12-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Not only is drunk driving retarded I just cant see how someone could think doing 140 on Country Hill even SOBER is responsible.

+1. But we all know that drinking does skew your judgement. With that said, under no circumstances does ANY amount of alcohol make you believe that driving like that is ok.

I guess they call it liquid courage for a reason.

odin7
12-14-2010, 03:21 PM

How are the guys that drive your car? I don't really trust others too much with my car...

Do you have to schedule them ahead of time? It might actually work out cheaper, since I have to pay $30 to get back downtown the next day to get my car haha.

I've used them on a couple of occasions and had no problem with their driving.. Of course this judgement was made while I was pretty drunk but I think they're alright. My car is manual so the one thing I do remember clearly is paying attention to their gearing up/down, both times the drivers were smooth.. no jerkiness or high revs.. just smooth. I'd use them again for sure. Both times I've used "Drivers Choice" and the price difference from a regular cab was only $10 - $15. With Driver's choice I called before I left, they showed up within 10 - 15 minutes.. what's awesome is that there was probably 6 or 7 people waiting for a normal cab while I got my car and myself driven home lol..

Sucks for the guy in the Audi.. I really hope he's ok. Anyone know how he's making out?

Chester
12-14-2010, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by clem24

Wow I sincerely hope you've talked to the police and let them know this is what the guy told you. They'll likely need you as a witness so they make sure this guy is found guilty of all charges thrown at him.

Yes I talked to the police, I had to wait for them to show up because I'm the one that called them.

Originally posted by derpderp

Yah, one time I remember I was really drunk and I told the driver to take me to TD first to get money, I got $40 and then he took me home. The next day I woke up and couldn't find my bank card, called the bank and they asked what my last transaction was which I thought was the $40 withdrawal, turns out I paid the cab driver $40 on debt and I couldn't find the cash, some how I gave $80 to the driver.

Chester, what happened when the guy tried to flee? Drunk ass just fall over or something?

He started walking down the sidewalk, luckily police showed up like a minute later.

sneek
12-15-2010, 03:23 AM

He started walking down the sidewalk, luckily police showed up like a minute later.

:thumbsup: I think I saw you calling the police actually. I too was in no shape to drive...as you can tell by how incoherent my first post was LOL. My DD had to loop through the community to get back to the accident, but by the time we got there the police had arrived.

syritis
12-15-2010, 04:28 AM

Yes I talked to the police, I had to wait for them to show up because I'm the one that called them.

I commend you for that, if it was me i would have beat him with a baseball bat first. fucker doesn't deserve his life if he's so willing to risk others.

Chester
12-15-2010, 03:50 PM
Yea I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty hammered on Crown Royal:rofl:
When he started telling me to fuck off and saying he had to "get out of here" and walking away it took a lot of restraint to not slug him.

LowRiderHD2000
12-15-2010, 05:01 PM
I have used Keys Please and Drivers Choice multiple times. They have been great every time. I have never booked a time in advance. They have always been great with my cars.

Just climb in the back seat and blaze.:bigpimp:

clem24
12-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Oh shit I hope his defence lawyer doesn't try to use the fact that you're hammered to cross examine you during your testimony, assuming the guy pleads innocent. But that's some pretty fucked up shit... For someone to be so drunk out of their mind thinking that if they run away they won't get arrested...? WTF?

diamondedge
12-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by clem24
Oh shit I hope his defence lawyer doesn't try to use the fact that you're hammered to cross examine you during your testimony, assuming the guy pleads innocent. But that's some pretty fucked up shit... For someone to be so drunk out of their mind thinking that if they run away they won't get arrested...? WTF?

Would that not show up in the officers notes when he was questioned by the first officer on the scene? We also have the testimony of Chester's buddy as well..

And if the cops saw him stumbling down the street, to back up Chester's story, same with buddy, open-shut.

This guy better get nailed to the wall!

clem24
12-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by diamondedge

Would that not show up in the officers notes when he was questioned by the first officer on the scene? We also have the testimony of Chester's buddy as well..

And if the cops saw him stumbling down the street, to back up Chester's story, same with buddy, open-shut.

This guy better get nailed to the wall!

I suppose.. But you know how lawyers are.. That's definitely something that I couldn't do - defend someone (especially drunk drivers, child molesters, rapists, murderers, etc..) that you blatantly know is guilty. Ah well.

manny18
02-18-2011, 12:24 AM
i used to live in the corner house in the hawkood side.. you got no idea how many accidents happen in that intersection.. i would hear them all the time.. they put that brown wall up while i was living there and 2 times there were cars go through them...

PulsePro
02-19-2011, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by manny18
i used to live in the corner house in the hawkood side.. you got no idea how many accidents happen in that intersection.. i would hear them all the time.. they put that brown wall up while i was living there and 2 times there were cars go through them...

Thanks for the bump.

ddduke
02-19-2011, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by PulsePro

Thanks for the bump.

Sorry, didn't know manny18 fucked up your day by bumping an old thread. Fuck, why don't you find something better to do with your time then to shit talk online?