PDA

View Full Version : Metallic photo developing

bignerd
12-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Looking for a shop in Calgary that does photo developing onto metallic paper (probably not the right term) but whatever the process is the picture looks metallic afterwards?

I am not sure if Vistek does this or not but I would prefer NOT to go there.

Thanks

ZeroGravity
12-13-2010, 09:51 AM
Not sure if this is the same thing, but Blacks have something they called "pearl prints". I printed a couple of 8x10 pearl prints book with them and the photos do have some metallic look to it.

Go4Long
12-13-2010, 12:29 PM
pearl is more like luster than metallic. Kodak Endura makes the metallic paper that is most commonly used, but it's a lab process paper. Apparently it's amazing, but I have yet to actually see it personally so I can't comment on it specifically...there's another paper company that recently came out with a metallic inkjet paper that has had some promising results, but they've now discontinued the product, I'm waiting to get some more options so I can order up a roll to try out.

seer_claw
12-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Kodakgallery.com can do metallic prints, I've had a couple done and shipped up here from the states. They look amazing but they get pretty expensive due to having to pay for GST and duty. Also if you have a Smugmug account you can order them from on there without having to pay duty. I've been impressed by both and I'm looking to have more prints done.

blitz
12-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Ordering from MPix in the states is $30 overnight fedex shipping with just $10 + GST on delivery.