PDA

View Full Version : informal cooking class

6thGen.TUNER
12-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Im looking for the name of a place where you can go and its like a cooking class type thing. You make an appetizer, main dish and then desert. You drink wine and stuff throughout so its more like an informal cooking class than anything.

The Gf is interested in doing something like this so similar suggestions where we can go to learn how to cook something new and have a good time in an informal setting would work too.

Thanks in advance.

msommers
12-13-2010, 10:43 AM
I wouldn't mind this either, seems like a decent place to meet chicks

dawwgy
12-13-2010, 10:50 AM
there was a place in the Brick Plaza (Macleod & just south of southland) that had you come in and make several meals that you pick out (from a list of recipes) ahead of time and bring home to freeze. Cannot remember the and wasnt able to find by googling

Sunterra used to hold cooking demonstrations, although its not hands on, you watch the chefs then eat a buffet of what they made afterwards

kaput
12-13-2010, 11:09 AM

lint
12-13-2010, 11:12 AM
My wife did this for their team building and everyone loved it http://www.cookbookcooks.com/classes/index.html

Originally posted by msommers
I wouldn't mind this either, seems like a decent place to meet chicks

If you want to meet chicks, sign up for a run clinic with the Running Room. Easily 9 females: 1 male

wintonyk
12-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by lint

If you want to meet chicks, sign up for a run clinic with the Running Room. Easily 9 females: 1 male

:werd:

I go as a guest speaker to these sometimes.

msommers
12-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Sweet thanks. I was thinking about hot yoga too, can't go wrong. Sorry about the hijack..ha

jwslam
12-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by 6thGen.TUNER
You make an appetizer, main dish and then desert. You drink wine and stuff throughout so its more like an informal cooking class than anything.
you get to make a diorama of a desert? i hope you get to make a mirage too...

dawwgy
12-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by jwslam

you get to make a diorama of a desert? i hope you get to make a mirage too...

oh man this never gets old HAHAHAHAHA... /sarcasm

but seriously, you came in here to point out someone forgot an 's' in dessert? how about stop being an internet troll and go troll under a bridge somewhere!

try adding something useful to the conversation next time bud

dannie
12-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Sweet thanks. I was thinking about hot yoga too, can't go wrong. Sorry about the hijack..ha

I was at hot yoga last nite on 17th ave and there was 23 women and 3 guys. Good odds for a guy.

edit: i suppose i should post something topic related. At North Sea Fish Market, there is a guy that is a chef there. He will come to your home and cook for you and guests for a price. He also mentioned that he can adapt that to a small cooking class. A good idea if you want something a little more intimate. Otherwise, +1 for cookbook cooks.

polarice
12-13-2010, 04:58 PM

Originally posted by dannie

I was at hot yoga last nite on 17th ave and there was 23 women and 3 guys. Good odds for a guy.

I went to the Hot Yoga Lounge a couple weeks ago and there was more guys than girls. It was odd, but I think the groupon thing led to more guys buying passes to try it out or look at girls.

Anyways OP: what type of food were you looking to cook? Open to 'ethnic' variations?

Dycker
12-14-2010, 02:38 PM
x2 Cookbook Co. Cooks

Couples cooking classes are fun and there's lots of wine. Last time the gf and I were there, two couples brought their own wine. Something to remember for next time.