PDA

View Full Version : Nexen?

bigbadboss101
12-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Anyone worked at Nexen before or have experience with them?
How do you see their growth and opportunities in the next few years?

I have a position presented to me and will be meeting with the manager. It's related to plant maintenance, maintenance & reliability, working with SAP, field guys, vendors etc.
All other things being equal would your choose Nexen, Suncor, or Shell/Albian? Top criteria is growth and opportunity for employees. Working condition and wage would be important of course. Job will be in Calgary, M-F.

Thanks.

Xtrema
12-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Base strictly on the working with SAP part, I would choose Nexen.

Both Suncor and Shell will force you to deal will Indians and will drive you insane.

Opportunity wise, Suncor/Shell probably will be better but also more bureaucracies that comes with bigger companies.

l/l/rX
12-14-2010, 11:50 PM
is your interview for project controls by any chance???

I like it at nexen a lot! I started in August and I see a lot of room to grow, fast and easily if you work hard and obviously stay on peoples good side (office politics). Pay is good, I'm a contractor, I don't mind not having benefits, or every other Friday off because my pay balances that out. My higher ups really want to see me grow, they really push me to explore different things related to my job even if its not part of my job description.

I didnt know squat about SAP, I think I kind of struck out lucky by having a REALLY good mentor to teach me the ins and outs of SAP along with everything else there is to need to know about my job and jobs around me that relate to my job.

Now that my mentor is out in the field, I still have really good, easily accessible, go to SAP guru with a very lenient open door policy.

I honestly can't say enough about my work environment and the people I work with, half of them are under 30 and the other half are under 50. Both halves are very easy to get along with, if I dont get something they are more than happy to walk me through whatever.

As a contractor the question pops up...what about job security? I see myself having a job there for the next 2-3 years. There is going to be a lot of new work in the new year, they can't afford to lose anyone, unless if I fuck up really badly.

oi...sorry for the essay. HAHA