PDA

View Full Version : Good auto parts online site?

YamahaV8
12-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Does anyone know of or use an online auto parts store to get oem or oem style parts for their vehicle. Any recommendations for a good site that has been reliable for you. I'm not talking about ebay or performance parts websites. More along the lines of this type of site.

autopartsway . ca

What do you guys use?

94boosted
12-15-2010, 12:39 PM
I've heard some good things about Rock Auto I think it's called.

Anomaly
12-15-2010, 03:02 PM
I've had a couple of good dealings with Rock Auto :thumbsup:

BerserkerCatSplat
12-15-2010, 03:14 PM
I generally use RockAuto as even with shipping they're generally a lot cheaper than buying locally.

G-ZUS
12-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Yepp <3 RockAuto

funkytuqe
12-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Does Rock Auto have a Canadian distributor so you don't have to pay brokerage and such?

I've always used autopartsway and so far has been good.

G-ZUS
12-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by funkytuqe
Does Rock Auto have a Canadian distributor so you don't have to pay brokerage and such?

I've always used autopartsway and so far has been good.

They factor it into your prices, or so they told me whe nI first ordered. I as well as many friends ordered from them, and we never had any surprise charges. They ship with Fedex

Graham_A_M
12-15-2010, 04:35 PM
For used stuff use www.car-part.com

craigcd
12-15-2010, 04:49 PM
OK- i guess you cant post URL's

I use autopartsway..... google them for their website.

Everything ships from Vancouver, the prices are good, and shipping is usually free if you spend over $50.00.

I will check out this rockauto next time i place an order!

master hec0
12-15-2010, 06:54 PM
I did some heavy comparisons with a bunch of online retailers before ordering about 250$ worth of parts from the united states. (would have been 600+ here for lower quality parts)

So once i eliminated Canadian websites i compared autopartswarehouse amazon and rock auto and found that amazon was cheaper due to free shipping but the prices were cheaper on rock auto. but once shipping in factored even to ship to canada (I shipped to Montana) rockauto was not the best buy.

G-ZUS
12-15-2010, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by master hec0
I did some heavy comparisons with a bunch of online retailers before ordering about 250$ worth of parts from the united states. (would have been 600+ here for lower quality parts)

So once i eliminated Canadian websites i compared autopartswarehouse amazon and rock auto and found that amazon was cheaper due to free shipping but the prices were cheaper on rock auto. but once shipping in factored even to ship to canada (I shipped to Montana) rockauto was not the best buy.

Huh? Amazon sells car pArts?

master hec0
12-15-2010, 09:57 PM
amazon .com does. all Canadian online sites are very close to the same price.

YamahaV8
12-16-2010, 12:35 AM
Thanks for all the great responses. I tried rock auto earlier but there site was down. I ended up finding a honda parts site called college hills honda. I got my part from them and it was a really good price for oem. I finally got onto that rock auto and it seems good and cheap. Thanks.