PDA

View Full Version : Iginla's Pockets to heavy??

JGerke
01-06-2004, 02:14 PM
Hey guys, after watching the game the other night, and seeing how Iggy played that penalty shot....... what do you think of him comared to last season.......do you think his pockets are too heavy, and keeping him from performing? or do you think he still doesn't have the qualities to keep him from giving out big points constantly?? And what do you think is going to happen after the season is over, and after the players agreement.......do you think he will stay here.......or is he gone to some prime market down south!!

SI-vic
01-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by JGerke
Hey guys, after watching the game the other night, and seeing how Iggy played that penalty shot....... what do you think of him comared to last season.......do you think his pockets are too heavy, and keeping him from performing? or do you think he still doesn't have the qualities to keep him from giving out big points constantly?? And what do you think is going to happen after the season is over, and after the players agreement.......do you think he will stay here.......or is he gone to some prime market down south!!

I will probably go down to the south within a couple of years I'd imagine. If not south, at least to T.O or Vancouver.
He's not performing as well as least year but he still contributes a lot to the team in other ways. He seems to like it in Calgary but if they dont make the playoffs soon, then he'll probably get tired of it and leave.

A_3
01-06-2004, 06:59 PM
If he doesn't stay here he will go to Edmonton, that's where he grew up and he's expressed interest in the past of playing there (besides Calgary), I don't think his pockets are weighing him down, he has a ton of incentives on his contract etc.. also Iggy wants to make the playoffs to bad to play with out passion, he has only been once as a rookie. As our dominant player he has never been able to carry us there, but this year you can really see him becoming a leader. Iggy will be back he just has to score at home again, 11 of his 13 goals have come on the road.

91_Integz
01-06-2004, 07:59 PM
I don't think we'd trade him to someone in the Western Conference...that wouldn't be the smartest thing. He's coming around though...he's got another 3 points tonight already :thumbsup:

NickGT
01-06-2004, 08:43 PM
he's never been good at penalty shots or breakaways to begin with.

The guy is still racking up the points tho. There's alot of pressure being the captain. He's leading the team in points. What more do you need?

accordboi_02
01-06-2004, 09:43 PM
2G, 1A tonight, and Flames won again!!
:thumbsup:

K271
01-06-2004, 09:54 PM
Yeah, Iginla did fine in New York tonight agaisnt the Islanders. Can't put to much pressure on him, he doesn't have the support like Sakic has... he's got Forsberg, Selanne, Hedjuck, and Kariya. Flames are in good shape and he's been a part of it.

max_boost
01-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Iginla is invaluable to the team.

6 points in the last two games and barely missed a hat trick tonight with the empty night, don't count him out yet! I bet he will hit 35-40goals this year.

Regardless if it's 7.5million US or 5.5, the pay cheques these guys receive every two weeks is absolutely ridiculous. It's more than what most of us make in one year!!:eek:

NickGT
01-06-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Iginla is invaluable to the team.

6 points in the last two games and barely missed a hat trick tonight with the empty night, don't count him out yet! I bet he will hit 35-40goals this year.

Regardless if it's 7.5million US or 5.5, the pay cheques these guys receive every two weeks is absolutely ridiculous. It's more than what most of us make in one year!!:eek:

w0rd. Hes just warmin up :thumbsup: Go Flames Go! :thumbsup:

JGerke
01-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Ya the last couple of games, he looks like he is getting back to his normal style!! Nice to see!!! :thumbsup:

JGerke
01-10-2004, 11:42 PM
2G and 1A yet again tonight.......And another flames 4-2 Win!!!!! Thats 50 Pts at the half-way marker!!

max_boost
01-10-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by JGerke
2G and 1A yet again tonight.......And another flames 4-2 Win!!!!! Thats 50 Pts at the half-way marker!!

Very impressed with the way they played tonight in the 3rd period. They took it to the Panthers and were a threat to score everytime they rushed into the opposition's zone. Flames play defence but they don't let down, they bring it very shift!!:thumbsup:

NickGT
01-10-2004, 11:54 PM
I enjoyed the game tonight too!

Iginla's questionable 3rd goal was clearly in the net in my opinion! Bad call guys!

max_boost
01-11-2004, 02:55 AM
If Iggy had better luck finishing off some plays, he would have many more goals than he does right now. I mean, he missed 2-3 penalty shots this year, a few break aways, had a couple taken away. He could be on his way to 50, sometimes you just need those lucky breaks.

RiCE-DaDDy
01-11-2004, 02:55 AM
"All out every shift!!!"

wasn't that the motto on the website?

yup, defense is what keeps them winning, i believe they are 2nd in the league. NJ is first...figures

max_boost
01-11-2004, 02:58 AM
Brodeur has 9 shutouts!
To think that the Flames picked Trevor Kidd with the 12th pick? overall in the 1990 draft when Brodeur went 20th the same year. God dam, we sure missed out:eek:

Team_Mclaren
01-11-2004, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

yup, defense is what keeps them winning, i believe they are 2nd in the league. NJ is first...figures

NJ with 74 GA while caglary is at 82!!! both crazy numbers
i believe iggy now has 11 points in 4 games or soemthing... :thumbsup: his pickin it up now!!!

lam-boy
01-19-2004, 10:19 AM
Brodeur has 9 shutouts!
To think that the Flames picked Trevor Kidd with the 12th pick? overall in the 1990 draft when Brodeur went 20th the same year. God dam, we sure missed out:eek:

trevor kidd was suppose to be the next "Michael Jordan" for NHL goaltenders. Kidd couldn't live up the expectations. Im sure if calgary had to do it all over again they would have brodeur.

but then again, who knows how he would turn out under our system. we never had a goaltending coach until sutter brung one in this year.

max_boost
01-19-2004, 12:53 PM
The next Michael Jordan of goaltenders? I thought that was Gigeure? Oh wait, what happened to him? Dam one year wonders?:confused: :rofl:

lam-boy
01-21-2004, 10:34 AM
The next Michael Jordan of goaltenders? I thought that was Gigeure? Oh wait, what happened to him? Dam one year wonders?:confused: :rofl:

gigeure was a one year fluke.

everyone speculated that trevor kidd would be sensational in net.
but he crapped out.