PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Whey Gourmet Protein Powder?

Mitsu3000gt
12-16-2010, 10:37 AM
So I've been buying Whey Gourmet Naturelle protein powder for a long time, always the same flavor.

Anyways I opened a new container of it the other day and the powder is completely different. Normally it has the consistency of really fine sand, and had a couple visible colors to it (consistent with the pomegranate blueberry flavor). This time, though, the powder was all one color (tan, which is different than usual), and has the consistency of baking soda (extremely fine powder, far more than usual).

I know this is a weird question, but I'm thinking maybe I got a bad batch or something. Anyone else notice this?

jonnycat
12-16-2010, 11:45 AM
I've been using a different whey (GNC Brand) but the consistency is the same as what you are describing. My powder is white, but turns pink when mixed.

J-hop
12-16-2010, 02:14 PM

KRyn
12-16-2010, 02:17 PM
They could have changed formulas or suppliers. Just call the number on the tub and ask any questions you may have to their representative. Likely no one on beyond.ca will be able to help you.

dirtsniffer
12-16-2010, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
So I've been buying Whey Gourmet Naturelle protein powder for a long time, always the same flavor.

Anyways I opened a new container of it the other day and the powder is completely different. Normally it has the consistency of really fine sand, and had a couple visible colors to it (consistent with the pomegranate blueberry flavor). This time, though, the powder was all one color (tan, which is different than usual), and has the consistency of baking soda (extremely fine powder, far more than usual).

I know this is a weird question, but I'm thinking maybe I got a bad batch or something. Anyone else notice this?

the one i had definitely had chunks of color in it. if you want i could get a hold of a pvl rep through my place of work, im just busy with finals till monday but i could get you an email or phone number for her on tuesday if you want.

Mitsu3000gt
12-16-2010, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer

the one i had definitely had chunks of color in it. if you want i could get a hold of a pvl rep through my place of work, im just busy with finals till monday but i could get you an email or phone number for her on tuesday if you want.

Only if its absolutely no trouble, it would only be to satisfy my curiosity more than anything. I also need another container of it soon so I can check if the new one is the same or not. But yeah, if you're bored at work and can get me an e-mail address or something, I would be curious to find out. Thanks for the offer.

jonnycat
12-18-2010, 01:13 AM
By any chance did you buy an isolate instead of a concentrate?

alloroc
12-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Try to find this stuff as an alternate ....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=quinoa

PS: Bob's Red Mill is the best - you don't have to clean it.