PDA

View Full Version : How bad of a Mod bug do you have?

Shlade
12-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Mine keeps biting me and its starting to hurt..

Discuss..

I keep buying parts but it never seems to be good enough. I always want more.

I should get help :rofl:

Cos
12-16-2010, 09:46 PM
I spend probably a good hour a day thinking about my truck, my bike, my computer or my house. It depends on the day. I am always needing to mod however.

Thinking about it and doing it seems to be a bit different for me though. I am pretty cheap. I have a list in my office with 15 points on it for my truck. I havent done a 1 in 3 or 4 months.

My house list on my fridge is about 10 points long. I am working on that one currently.

Shlade
12-16-2010, 09:49 PM
The house is obviously more important for sure. Its shitty for me because when I decide I want to get something for the car, I usually end up getting it.

Its pretty brutal actually lol. Ive sunk $5000 into my car since April of last year!! Install for my headers will easily put me to $5700.. FML!

msommers
12-16-2010, 09:53 PM
It used to be really bad with cars. Now I think of installing all those parts and I say fuck it haha.

Cos
12-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by msommers
It used to be really bad with cars. Now I think of installing all those parts and I say fuck it haha.

actually that too. When I had my lancer it was easy to install stuff. To lift my truck to do certain work is a real pain. Or the supercharger I want to do the 5k in parts is bad enough. The 10 MPG city scares me.

Shlade
12-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Yeah mine is a summer DD. Very crappy thing for me is I dont want to stop modding it.

I think after the exhaust goes on ill get small things and try and put an extra 5k a year into the car just to pay it off quicker.

Or atleast do my very best to try it to. Once its paid off Ill get another ride for daily driving.

I should of just bought a bike for a toy instead lol

Ymerej472008
12-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Haha I knew you'd start feeling guilty about it soon Vlad!

If it makes you feel better the mod bug (if you could call it that) hit me like 10 months ago haha!

In those 10 months my total is around the $15,000-$20,000 range, if not more! And it still has a long way to go!

Shlade
12-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Yeah man its starting to hurt lol!

I keep wanting more and more! Its never ending!

Sentry
12-16-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm not addicted to boost, I can quit any time I want.

http://imgur.com/0NBHI.jpg

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-16-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm pretty addicted. I just got a new car two days ago and I'm already bored.

FraserB
12-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Very bad, my suspension is pretty much worth more than the resale if my Jeep was still stock. The list is about 10 things long until I'm finished but I go to buy things and realize I should pay down more school debt and then don't order it.:(

Instead I just hang out in people's garages and talk about the stuff I want to do, then help fix or mod theirs.

Cos; I'll help you with your truck when you get around to it.

Sentry
12-16-2010, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
I'm pretty addicted. I just got a new car two days ago and I'm already bored.
I think forcedperformance is having a sale right now. They've got bolt-on upgrade turbos for Subies.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-16-2010, 10:52 PM
I can't buy anything until I finish with insurance and sell my Nissan sadly. Also I need to do the timing belt and clutch first.

Zewind
12-16-2010, 10:59 PM
I had a mod list of 5k that I was going to drop into my car. I just dont have the money :dunno:

StreetRacerX
12-16-2010, 11:00 PM
I typically stop buying parts in the winter but as soon as the snow melts and I can work on the cars I start blowing money.

Shlade
12-16-2010, 11:02 PM
Yeah it sucks. The 5k ive spent has been threw a period of months tho.

Nothing all at once.

I think the new years resolution will be to dump more money into the Loan for the car than anything else.

Sigh... I need a winter beater next year aswell lol.. its never ending..

revelations
12-16-2010, 11:23 PM
Isnt this why were on beyond, to deal with our "modding" issues?

The GF asked me the other day "why do you spend so much time on a car than you only see an hour a day".... damn I hate it when shes right. I probably spend 70% of my "car time" looking for good deals and researching about mods and 30% actually doing the work.

Shlade
12-16-2010, 11:36 PM
Better to do your homework than jump the gun..

I know what I want for my car thats why its been easy for me. Only thing I refuse to tackle on the car is installing the headers. I gotta raise the engine a bit and take out the motor mount on each side to slip it under.

Ive got an insane phobia of the motor falling on my hands and crushing them.. :nut:

Ill leave that install to the people who specialize in that lol. The rest ill just cuss and swear and drink beer doing while installing lol.

shakalaka
12-16-2010, 11:54 PM
I have this said bug fairly bad and as far as I can see it's only getting worse.

I must have spend around 10K on mods for the cars since around this May/June. Whenever I have some free time on the computer, all I do is look around for different parts. From engine to exterior to audio and everything. It's pretty ridiculous and I've bought so many things impulsively and it's crazy. Just can't stop buying parts and modding the damn thing.

I've been trying to do all the installs and stuff on my own, but being a noob at that kind stuff I usually just suck.

Shlade
12-16-2010, 11:58 PM
Takes time bro, but it feels sooooo much better when you installed it yourself! I love getting my hands dirty!

I seriously cant wait to actually install these parts instead of them sitting in my room patiently waiting to go on the car!

revelations
12-17-2010, 12:00 AM
The thing also with my "mods" is that I can reverse most back to OEM (if I sell) as mods generally dont add any value to the vehicle.... so I guess I'm trying to keep a level head as well.

962 kid
12-17-2010, 12:05 AM
Worse than anyone I've ever met, and it's not a good thing. I attempted my first engine swap/rebuild 2 years before I could get my drivers license.

X_EVO_X
12-17-2010, 12:29 AM
ive had a big hole in my soul since I sold my car. It was pretty bad I would drift off to sleep considering mod paths. There is three techs I work with that all work on their cars, probably 3-4 times a week from 5 till the dealership closes around 8-9 . I love going over and seeing what theyre doing because the love is clearly there and different for some people. When I was swapping the engine in my old eclipse I had limited space in the garage and had to keep my hood and bumper in the living room.. my girlfriend hated it LOL , especially when we had company over. But the bug is very much alive and still biting.. its like im always looking for the next project car even though im in no posistion to take one on.

btimbit
12-17-2010, 12:30 AM
So I shouldn't buy that GT3582r hardware kit? I mean sure I could pay the car off entirely with the same money but.....why?:burnout:

Shlade
12-17-2010, 12:30 AM
Mods are like crack. Except they are legal.

pf0sh0
12-17-2010, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
Mods are like crack. Except they are legal.

Everyone is just looking for their next fix....

underglow. :love:

revelations
12-17-2010, 12:46 AM
I wonder at what point does "modding" become a problem?

Condo - modded, painted,
Computer - hacked, modded
Car NAV unit - Windows CE hacked to pieces, unlocked, modded
Phone - unlocked, cracked, jacked, modded, ROM updated,
GF - to be modded

There must be some kind of mental condition that causes this... to be unsatisfied wuth status qoue

X_EVO_X
12-17-2010, 12:46 AM
with out a projecft car im turning to the house mod bug .

http://www.carbonfibergear.com/carbon-fiber-toilet-bowl/

what do you guys think? hhahahah joking but that would be a sweet toilet

revelations
12-17-2010, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by X_EVO_X
with out a projecft car im turning to the house mod bug .

http://www.carbonfibergear.com/carbon-fiber-toilet-bowl/

what do you guys think? hhahahah joking but that would be a sweet toilet

from the same site....

fack... when I consider myself even THINKING about buying a 140$ kleenex box... something is wrong

http://store.carbonfibergear.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/300x225/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/1/-/1-autoart-carbon-fiber-tissue-box_1.jpg

btimbit
12-17-2010, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by revelations
I wonder at what point does "modding" become a problem?

Condo - modded, painted,
Computer - hacked, modded
Car NAV unit - Windows CE hacked to pieces, unlocked, modded
Phone - unlocked, cracked, jacked, modded, ROM updated,
GF - to be modded

There must be some kind of mental condition that causes this... to be unsatisfied wuth status qoue

It's perfectly healthy to look at something and think "How can I make this better?" In fact, all the great people in history have done that.

At least that's what I tell myself when I'm blowing hundreds of dollars with clicks of the mouse.

Toilet_D
12-17-2010, 12:51 AM
modding isnt as bad of a disease as that homosexuality ive been hearing about

X_EVO_X
12-17-2010, 12:52 AM
bhahaahhaa me too after I looked at the toilet im like .. hmm maybe that would actually be sweet. that kleenox box is also very sweet.. they also have pens for 30 bucks hahaha . I need pens.

max_boost
12-17-2010, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by revelations

GF - to be modded

Yo bro, save your $$$ man.

I mean spend money on her but don't get carried away alright lol

revelations
12-17-2010, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

Yo bro, save your $$$ man.

I mean spend money on her but don't get carried away alright lol

Ya, I'm not THAT ballin' !!!

ercchry
12-17-2010, 01:11 AM
i have done really good fight the urge to buy another project and also fighting the urge to buy shit for the jeep.... but i doubt it will last till spring :rofl:

v2kai
12-17-2010, 01:18 AM
beyond is like a support group for this stuff lol i'm like revelations, modding the shit out of everything. it is a disease and i got it bad. lately i've been able to focus the modding bug towards other cheaper projects, but it does not go away and come spring i'm sure i'll be back on my car.

gotta try really hard to curb it this year and bank some serious coin. its scary when you get your last year on paper and look at the total.:nut:

Cody D
12-17-2010, 01:31 AM
I've realized that I can't handle not having a car to modify. The other thing I realized is modding an expensive car isn't always the best path. So right now I'm working on a car I bought cheap and I'm trying to find used parts whenever it's a good decision. In the end though it keeps me happy and busy and hopefully when my kid is big enough we can share the joy of modifying cars.

X_EVO_X
12-17-2010, 02:06 AM
well said cody, I think the route of it all is that it makes us happy. like crack makes crack heads happy, either way its what we love

Iceman_19
12-17-2010, 06:57 AM
I feel you guys, I hate my jeep so much because I have had to spend so much on it and its still a pile of shit. Building it into a trail rig would be fun, but I am planing on getting a diesel truck in may, so it's a tough choice. I guess it helps that I don't have a garage, hell not even a driveway, so I an not all that tempted. I can't wait to get a place with a garage though, so I can stick a foxbody hatch in it, hahaha.

03ozwhip
12-17-2010, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Cody D
I've realized that I can't handle not having a car to modify. The other thing I realized is modding an expensive car isn't always the best path. So right now I'm working on a car I bought cheap and I'm trying to find used parts whenever it's a good decision. In the end though it keeps me happy and busy and hopefully when my kid is big enough we can share the joy of modifying cars.

exactly this. i NEED to mod the only problem right now is christmas getting in the way but once its over that will change. i havent modded a vehicle in so long because of my house process and saving $$$ but now im ready.

both acuras are getting he treatment this spring, i dont know what im doing with them, but im doing it lol

msommers
12-17-2010, 09:10 AM

I still think you should S/C the Lotus :devil:

Shlade
12-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Ive been so unhappy with my older cars because i couldnt mod them thats why they didnt last.

With my mustang parts are endless and theres always something to do.. hence keeping me interested in the car and loving it still!

revelations
12-17-2010, 10:50 AM
^ its amazing how something as dumb as new floor mats can spark interest in a car again.

Hell even having a clean car (a rare thing this time of year) makes me want to drive it more.

4DoorGTZ
12-18-2010, 12:38 AM
I got the bug soooo bad, I'm already compliling a list of mods to do to the next car I buy. Sure I've narrowed it down to year/make/model but I dont even have a line on one.... but I know what I want it to be when I get it..... all the while I've got a bunch of parts to go on my other car, I cant even keep it to 1 at a time.

That.Guy.S30
12-18-2010, 12:56 AM
I just started. I am glad that parts for my car are rare. But the downside is that it gets expensive to find those rare peices.

forbiddenera
12-18-2010, 01:27 AM
I can be pretty bad too..

Things tend to take time..

My garage is being torn down in 2.5 months so I have to get my ass in gear.. :(

Just need motor mounts to finish an engine swap I've been working on for like 2 years.

M.alex
12-18-2010, 01:53 AM
Unless things have changed with later mustangs, those headers are going to be useless and a real pain to intsall. Stock manifolds flow fairly well on these cars, unless yu're doing it for the sound.

Shlade
12-18-2010, 08:16 AM
^

No they actually dont.

Yes they are a pain to install but there is a decent power increase when adding them aswell. Remember these things will add more power to everything else I decide to install on the car.

The pain is worth the gain later in the end!

Sorath
12-18-2010, 09:28 AM
its never enough, ive spent about 10k every year now for the last 6 years lol

now ive moved on to modding my house with furniture haha

se7en
12-18-2010, 10:38 AM
same here...spending too much on my cars....

On to the house now :) Built a deck, and new banisters...gonna redo the basement next I think.

Iceman_19
12-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by M.alex
Unless things have changed with later mustangs, those headers are going to be useless and a real pain to intsall. Stock manifolds flow fairly well on these cars, unless yu're doing it for the sound.

LOL. Long tube headers have ALWAYS produced power and torque gains on a V8 Mustang, no matter the year, no matter the model.

cycosis
12-18-2010, 12:00 PM
I had a binge this fall right before I put the car away for the winter. My HIDs only arrived the other day so I didnt get a chance to pop them in. Rims this summer hopefully! and maybe springs, bigbrake kit, CF diffuser, AMG steering wheel with alcantara, brabus shift knob,..... fuck tis gonna be an expensive summer!:D

88CRX
12-18-2010, 12:05 PM
I'll admit it..... I have a problem. Lol

Redlyne_mr2
12-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Im glad my car is old and sucks. Parts are being discontinued so there is nothing left for me to buy lol.

Chandler_Racing
12-18-2010, 12:33 PM
I've been around $5,000 per year.

M.alex
12-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Iceman_19

LOL. Long tube headers have ALWAYS produced power and torque gains on a V8 Mustang, no matter the year, no matter the model.

03/04 cobra - dick all (comparatively) for the cost and install hassle.

my z06 picked up around 25-30rwhp with its headers. I think later mustangs get what, 7 or 8?

Maxt
12-18-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Chandler_Racing
I've been around $5,000 per year. Ive been around that per/mod..lol..

01RedDX
12-18-2010, 01:50 PM

Shlade
12-18-2010, 02:13 PM
I think later mustangs get what, 7 or 8?

Lol no.. With shorty headers? Yeah maybe.

Longtube headers ALWAYS produce WAY more power than shortys

M.alex
12-18-2010, 09:45 PM

Lol no.. With shorty headers? Yeah maybe.

Longtube headers ALWAYS produce WAY more power than shortys

Shorties made more (albiet curve for lts lasted longer, but still)

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/29618_short_long_tube_headers_test/index.html

KB is against longtubes on a roi basis for 03/04 cobras

Problems with mystery leaks (regardless of manufacturer), starting issues (due to proximity of the starter), o2 and temp sender issues.

Just a small list from a few topics about them on SVTP.

The problem is it's hard to get concrete data on them because most people do several mods at once. For example, on SVTP in one thread one guy made 8rwhp more with the LTs. In another thread, another guy made 25. Buuuuuut the guy also swapped out the h pipe for a catted X, so if you know anything about 03/04s those stock h-pipes are murder, so probably 15-20 of that 25 could be attributed to the h-pipe change.

I'm not saying you're not going to make more over the stock manifolds, just that (unless things have changed with later mustangs) the stock manifolds flow fairly well, so power gains will be minimal and it's hard to justify based on labor cost, having to drop k-member, and potential annoying issues down the road if you're basically running bolt-ons. On a bolt-on mustang the only real reason to do them would be for the sound.

carzcraz
12-18-2010, 10:43 PM
My husband and I have a habit of cycling back and forth in toys between our house and our cars.

Only having recently acquired my Evo X 2 months ago, I'm back to the car mods. His STi though has not seen any additions for the past few months.

Graham_A_M
12-18-2010, 11:22 PM
Depends on the vehicle, for my '38 Chevy half ton Hot rod, obviously I have a vicious need to mod that... but my daily driver or even my sport bike, not at all. :dunno:
The bike more so, but even then, if I REALLY want performance, I would sell that and buy a newer bike that already has those things as standard equipment (more or less).

Skyline_Addict
12-21-2010, 02:24 PM
my enthusiasm for modding is dying down quite a bit, but I will always like driving sports cars. i'm leaning towards more out-of-the-box fun for my next car(s), haha.

Abeo
12-21-2010, 02:31 PM
I bought a new vehicle so I wouldn't mod it.... and then I bought swaybars before I took delivery of the vehicle :facepalm:

I've been pretty good lately, though.... everything I've done to it (not much) has been after drivability and making it a better vehicle (although, 5 different sets of tires in 50K is a bit dumb).

Bought a project car recently since the mod bug didn't go away.

Ekliptix
12-21-2010, 02:55 PM
The mod bug has not been as intense as it was in my early 20's (5L mustang). Lately, I've been spending money on travel with my gf (Italy, Las Vegas).

However, the money I want to spend on a blower + clutch for my C5Z is being saved up for my next car: C6Z

From the research I've done, 5-6psi from a blower + a good tune in the C6Z is cost effective, does not lose any drivability compared to a cammed up car, and will lay down 600whp without much trouble. Always gotta have a 'fun' car.

Every snowmobile I've had has eventually been modded.

Cody D
12-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by msommers
I still think you should S/C the Lotus :devil:

If I ever do anything to the Elise it'll be the crazy engine swap that they are doing at Monkey Wrench Racing. They put the Evora (Camry :D ) engine in along with the transmission. Then you have reliable 300+hp and 300+lb/ft in a 1900lb car. What a blast that would be.

ddduke
12-21-2010, 10:18 PM
I'm awful with this. Everytime that I think I'm done and the truck is perfect I seem to find another thing my truck needs. I think that I'm almost done now though. Just tint, armadillo coated front/back bumper and dvd player and it should be perfect.

It's so bad that I'm looking for a new Harley right now and I already have a list of things that must be done before I even want to take it out onto the road.

dawerks
12-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Damn Ebay, Damn Kijiji, and DAMN Paypal to hell.

Now I can sit at my computer and literally blow thousands of dollars on pixels.

Then when the shit shows up at my door, I go 'meh' and throw it in a pile.

Whyyyyy?

M.alex
12-22-2010, 03:41 AM

If I ever do anything to the Elise it'll be the crazy engine swap that they are doing at Monkey Wrench Racing. They put the Evora (Camry :D ) engine in along with the transmission. Then you have reliable 300+hp and 300+lb/ft in a 1900lb car. What a blast that would be.

Why stop there - upsize to 900hp @ 1900lbs =)

THEMONK
12-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
The mod bug has not been as intense as it was in my early 20's (5L mustang). Lately, I've been spending money on travel with my gf (Italy, Las Vegas).

However, the money I want to spend on a blower + clutch for my C5Z is being saved up for my next car: C6Z

From the research I've done, 5-6psi from a blower + a good tune in the C6Z is cost effective, does not lose any drivability compared to a cammed up car, and will lay down 600whp without much trouble. Always gotta have a 'fun' car.

Every snowmobile I've had has eventually been modded.

I was contemplating on trading the '03 for a C6Z but I like top down driving too much so I think I'll save up for a blower and whatever else it will take to get me to the 500 + bhp mark.

Cody D
12-23-2010, 12:44 AM
Why stop there - upsize to 900hp @ 1900lbs =)

That seems excessive. Is your kit on the road yet? Do you have a build thread somewhere? I always think about selling everything and ordering an Ultima GTR kit, but I know that after the first big problem in the build I would wish I had just bought a Viper.

95teetee
12-23-2010, 03:45 PM
I did EBC/exhaust/intake on my Stealth, and that's about it.

...then I'll see someone selling turbos and injectors and realize I could get into the 11s pretty cheaply and I'll think about it...

LAFNGAS
12-28-2010, 09:38 PM
bought the jeep and before it was home it already had the back filled with a cai/diablo predator, borla s ordered and tint appointment made

since then been murdered out and acquiring the big $ items now while the cdn dollar was pretty close to even and waiting to get it into the shop to do the install

Shlade
03-23-2011, 03:43 PM
Lets get back on topic here again.

Summer is coming up. Im sure a lot of people are getting parts right now! What have you just gotten?

Biggest purchase thats setting me back quite a bit right now is a new set of rims and tires. Also the last purchase of the year (promised the gf no more lol)

Im fully bolton right now.. theres not much more I can do performance wise unless I get a blower and I really dont wanna fork out 5 grand at once anyways.

Sentry
03-23-2011, 03:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/kHovo.jpg

Plans:
Traction bars if they ever get here
M&H Racemaster 8/23-13 Drag Slicks
Diamond Racing Mini-Stock wheels, 13x7"
More dyno time
Race!!

JZS_147
03-23-2011, 04:00 PM
EVERY car I own is modified.

I've owned my JZS161 for 7 months, and I've spend over 20g on it already.

JZS_147
03-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
its never enough, ive spent about 10k every year now for the last 6 years lol

now ive moved on to modding my house with furniture haha

You can live in your car, but you can't race your house

ercchry
03-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by JZS_147

You can live in your car, but you can't race your house

jimmy... you are past the point of it just being a bug... you need professional help :rofl:

Shlade
03-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Yeah shit... 20g's... Im like 8grand deep into my car including these new wheels and tires im about to buy in a lil while..

8grand I could of tossed on the car loan itself.. FML

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Its hard not working right now, knowing I can't mod my car. The only thing ive bought so far this year was a clutch kit/flywheel machined, and mudflaps.

CSMRX7
03-23-2011, 04:14 PM
When I bought my M3 I told myself this car is so good our of the box I won't mod it.

Now 2 years later I have a seperate DD and added:
Intercooled SC
Suspension changed twice
Brakes Changed twice
Have 3 sets of wheels and tires
Carbon Roof
Carbon Trunk
LCI taillights
Header Back Exhaust changed twice

It is definately a disease.

JZS_147
03-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Yeah shit... 20g's... Im like 8grand deep into my car including these new wheels and tires im about to buy in a lil while..

8grand I could of tossed on the car loan itself.. FML

95% of the parts bought brand new

-4 sets of wheels (Work XSA 03C, BMW 745i OEM, SSR Koenig WRV, Work LS207)
-Greddy JZS161 4 row r-type IC kit
-Koyo Rad
-Earls trans cooler
-2JZGTE VVTi Aristo engine, trans, ecu
-ARC airbox
-Sard Fuel Pump
-Sard Jet Pump Killer
-Fuel lines and fittings to convert from returnless to return
-HKS FPR
-HKS Vpro 3.3
-HKS JZS161 harness V type
-HKS Twin Power DLI
-HKS MAP
-HKS intake air temp sensor
-HKS AFK
-HKS EVC 6
-HKS Fuel rail
-Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors
-HKS T51R SPL
-HKS GTII racing wastegate
-Custom exhaust manifold
-Bulk piping to make downpipe and IC hot pipe (Vibrant)
-Fujitsubo Titanium JZS161 spec exhaust
-OS Giken Super Lock
-Boostlogic fully built A340E
-Precision Industries 3600 stall torque converter
-Supra TT 4 pot calipers
-DBA 4000 rotors
-Endless MX72 pads, lines and fluid
-Zeal Function T custom valved coilovers
-Seibon CF hood
-Vertex aero kit
-3pc spoiler + molded in + paint
-Focal 33KX sub
-Focal KRXS front speaks
-Focal CVX130 rear speaks
-Steg K2.01 amp
-Steg Masterstroke MSC1500 amp
-Pioneer P4200DVD deck
-Oddssey PC1500 battery
-TRD rear knuckle bushings
-UR underbracing
-Daizen sway bars
-Ikeya Formula subframe spacers
-Ikeya Formula front upper arms
-Figs rear lower control arms
-Figs rear trac rods
-Ridox Style Nardi steering wheel
-Worksbell hub

I'm forgetting a lot of other stuff....

Not to mention modding my other cars

Shlade
03-23-2011, 04:24 PM
Hurts... Im gonna try and do $200 extra payments a month on the loan.. May pay off a bit quicker.

My bonus next year (knock on wood hopefully I get it) Will be going on the loan. After my rims and tires time to pay the bitch off.

Shlade
03-23-2011, 04:25 PM
yeah everything ive bough has been brand new aswell. I cant stand buying used lol

JZS_147
03-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by CSMRX7
When I bought my M3 I told myself this car is so good our of the box I won't mod it.

Now 2 years later I have a seperate DD and added:
Intercooled SC
Suspension changed twice
Brakes Changed twice
Have 3 sets of wheels and tires
Carbon Roof
Carbon Trunk
LCI taillights
Header Back Exhaust changed twice

LOL! That's not even close to having the mod bug. I consider that general upkeep and light modding....especially in 2 years :nut:

CSMRX7
03-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by JZS_147

LOL! That's not even close to having the mod bug. I consider that general upkeep and light modding....especially in 2 years :nut:

Fine! I am all clear then ill keep modding!

Haha doesn't feel so fine when you put prices on it, plus the track mainenance haha nothing like 8 sets of tires, and 4 sets of pads and 2 sets of rotors.

88CRX
03-23-2011, 04:44 PM

Help. Me.

JZS_147
03-23-2011, 04:46 PM

Fine! I am all clear then ill keep modding!

Haha doesn't feel so fine when you put prices on it, plus the track mainenance haha nothing like 8 sets of tires, and 4 sets of pads and 2 sets of rotors.

Yep I hear you.

I didn't even include tires in my list, FML

I should just sell everything and buy a house.

but i wont :facepalm:

Redlyne_mr2
03-23-2011, 09:29 PM
my engine is at precise right now, I told myself I wouldnt do anything this winter haha.

sillysod
03-23-2011, 10:11 PM
My A4 is parked all winter, and I'm on a huge audi forum a lot. It doesn't help things. :s

I've spent $$$ modding all kinds of cars from a Range Rover to Mustangs, but there's one thing I learned. KEEP THE STOCK PARTS!!!

I usually have a good 2 week period before I sell a car where I am putting everything back to OEM. Then I list all the shit on either the Mustang, Land Rover, Audi, VW etc forums.

End up getting alteast $5000 back that way.... only to dump into the next vehicle. :(

At this point I have a new Big Turbo setup shipping for my A4 from ATP and a Meth kit shipping from Labonte. :facepalm:

My biggest money pit...

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/2145000-2145999/2145007_38_full.jpg

Numi
03-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Thar range looks bad ass