PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd Post Another Song of Mine...

dj_patm
12-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Just finished the first “unpolished” version of my new track. Dunno what genre it is and I know its not going to be for everyone, plus, I definitely think it's more of a "big room" tune but yeah... At least it shows you guys that I don't just stick to one style :dunno:

I started this a while ago, got the intro riff and then I got stuck. I didn’t know where to go with it and it sat untouched for a few months.

Then a couple of days ago I played with that riff again and for the first time in a very long while, an idea actually popped into my head. Lately I’ve been forced to full around until I stumble on something but this time the idea actually came to me.

Anyways I worked on this for basically two 12 hour days straight (uneventful weekend) and popped this out.

Let me know what you think! Even if you don’t like it, just tell me. You’re already read all of this, you might as well!

Pat!M - Chase (Demo) (http://soundcloud.com/dj_patm/pat-m-chase-version-1)

Thanks!

P.S. this is the other song I posted on here if you're interested...

Pat!M - Indonesia (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/315305/like-electronica-check-out-my-tune/ )

JMaj7
12-19-2010, 07:50 PM
The genre sounds like progressive trance except the tempo and drums are more around the house genre.

U should totally dubstep it out.

Markov7
12-19-2010, 08:12 PM
What program are you using to make that? Also what synthesizers are you using?

dj_patm
12-20-2010, 04:29 PM
I use FL 9. The lead synth and static-y bass/chords are made in Wasp and the rest is a mix between 3xosc, Vangaurd and Vengence samples (the percs)

Kavy
12-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Too much fruity loops I have always felt it sounds hollow and video gamish. (fruity loops in general, not your song)

Move onto Reason.

Its a lot more then clicking samples into a set pattern but the results are night and day.

dj_patm
12-20-2010, 07:41 PM
I don't like getting into discussions about DAW's cause I think it's kind've like arguing about car brands or game consoles... but...

I have tried Fruity Loops, Reason and Cubase. Its all the same when it comes to production. Especially cause most of the VST's I use are available for all of the major VST's. Which is proved by the fact that all the big producers use different programs. Avicii uses FL, Mike Oldfield uses it, Deadmau5 used it until he moved on to Ableton when he started using it to mix and there's many more.

I think its all the same. Just matters what VST you use and how the sounds are EQ'd

As for the last bit...

There's not a single premade loop in that song? I don't know if that's what your saying with that last comment but yeah.

:)

canadian_hustla
12-20-2010, 10:10 PM
i actually didn't mind it

not bad man, not bad at all

Dave P
12-21-2010, 10:15 AM
:thumbsup:

Mike w
12-21-2010, 09:03 PM
pretty nice flow to it. the main melody with the vibrato synth coulda been worked into a cool slider melody. also your lfo on your strings is kinda all over the place, maybe you wanted it that way.