PDA

View Full Version : Car broken in..

masarwar
12-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Its been almost over an year i wrote at this forum..

Yesterday (Saturday night, sunday morning) my dad's Chevrolet was broken in, the turdbags broke the window, bent the metal-rubber type insulation , took away the effing cd/mp3 front faceplate. Nothing else.

24 hrs later, they broke into my accord.. this is a 2 door EX-R they bent the f**king driver side window frame and broke the glass, didnt even car to take the faceplate, the only thing they stole was my ipod which was hidden under the cd player. Man this is messed up, i dont even have a job anymore because of school and stuff and christmas is around the corner, do these asswipes even understand this shit? breaking into a 20yr old car with no valuables whatsoever.

Does anyone know how much will it cost to get it this fixed? i prolly have to take it to the autobody or some shit to get the window frame fixed. And on top of it today is one of my most important exam ever.

PS got a quote for 225 for each vehicle. Do you guys think it is fair?

G-ZUS
12-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Hit up pick n pull, you might be able to find a accord the same color with a door.

chkolny541
12-20-2010, 01:10 PM
225 for just the windows? or the frame issue as well?
225 for the windows alone seems posibly a little high, but a pretty fair price

master hec0
12-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
Hit up pick n pull, you might be able to find a accord the same color with a door.
Lots of accords here at pnp today

masarwar
12-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by chkolny541
225 for just the windows? or the frame issue as well?
225 for the windows alone seems posibly a little high, but a pretty fair price

225 each, called other shops and the they gave similar quotes. these guys said that they will bend the window frame back in like they do it with other such cars. I guess i dont have much option given the shitty weather and all.

@Others, yeah PNP is a great place, but i am not mechanically inclined plus i dont even have a garage to work on either :(

master hec0
12-20-2010, 05:39 PM
what color is it? hell il pull the door for you and put it on. tho swapping the locks is another story.

Muji
12-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Freakin' crackheads and their endless screwing with our cars. I once had a very $$$ bike stolen the day of my exams, had to get over it quick. Hope you do the same.

G-ZUS
12-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by master hec0
what color is it? hell il pull the door for you and put it on. tho swapping the locks is another story.

switch the whole handle over, those ones are easy from what I remember

calgary403
12-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Muji
Freakin' crackheads and their endless screwing with our cars. I once had a very $$$ bike stolen the day of my exams, had to get over it quick. Hope you do the same.

:werd:

Some crackheads broke into my car screwed up my locks just to steal an ~80 dollar gps.

I hope some very bad things happen to them.

89s1
12-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by masarwar
the only thing they stole was my ipod .............................. breaking into a 20yr old car with no valuables whatsoever.

:confused: ummmmmm

It might not be considered a "valuable" item to some, but to a theif its a quick and easy cash flip.

Moral of the story, don't leave anything in your car a theif would want to take.

Ipods and car stereos qualify (for those of us that need to be told this) :facepalm:

masarwar
12-21-2010, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by master hec0

Thanks for the offer bud.. I just dont want to cause anyone any inconvenience especially with this shitty weather right now. But i really appreciate the offer :)

Thanks people, lesson learned for sure, now after this i have to start saving up for a car alarm and need to burn mp3 cds instead of ipods..

masarwar
12-21-2010, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Muji

Man that sucks... oh well i had to, no other way though. Cant compromise materialistic things over education for sure.

J-hop
12-21-2010, 04:42 AM