PDA

View Full Version : Car Transporter from Vancouver to Calgary

AutodreamMarvin
12-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Does anyone know of a good transportation company to bring two cars from Vancouver?

I need to bring my LS/VTEC DA Integra and MA70 Supra from Vancouver here to Calgary.

The Integra runs, but the Supra does not.

I've called Sea-Rail, they want $420 for the Integra, but they cannot bring the Supra.

I've used Sea-Rail and Hansen's before, but was not thoroughly impressed.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

TomcoPDR
12-20-2010, 11:27 PM
There are smaller operators out there for these short runs, dually truck with a 2-3 car flatdeck trailer. I just don't have access to my business cards ATM, know ppl near central Alberta that does this.

AutodreamMarvin
12-20-2010, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
There are smaller operators out there for these short runs, dually truck with a 2-3 car flatdeck trailer. I just don't have access to my business cards ATM, know ppl near central Alberta that does this.

Thanks! I might buy another car there to fill that 3rd spot if it's worth it!

Let me know!

TomcoPDR
12-20-2010, 11:31 PM
This is just 1 sample off Kjijii http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-services-other-Hot-Shot-W0QQAdIdZ249393815

I meant, I won't have access to my contacts for at least 2 weeks... Sorry. But the guy is pretty dependable (tow truck driver who lives on an acerage, met him when I worked out of town in the area)

T-Dubbs
12-21-2010, 12:01 PM
why yes!
i am shipping my STi to toronto today!
i am using:
perfomance auto carriers

check them out!

DeeK
12-22-2010, 08:58 PM
I know that "Allied Transportation services" ships tons of the cars coming in off the boats here in Vancouver. Because of the volume of cars they ship across the country, it may be worth while to see if you can fit a couple cars on a carrier to get a full load worth, in which case it would be cheap. Might be worth checking out.

NewLextasy
12-22-2010, 09:08 PM
TFX transport. End of discussion. I have used them countless times and not once had a problem. I even use them to ship my Lamborghini to and from the dealer every winter.

AutodreamMarvin
12-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
This is just 1 sample off Kjijii http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-services-other-Hot-Shot-W0QQAdIdZ249393815

I meant, I won't have access to my contacts for at least 2 weeks... Sorry. But the guy is pretty dependable (tow truck driver who lives on an acerage, met him when I worked out of town in the area)

Thanks. I'll give that guy a call again tomorrow. May have been off due to the holidays.

Originally posted by T-Dubbs
why yes!
i am shipping my STi to toronto today!
i am using:
perfomance auto carriers

check them out!

Originally posted by DeeK
I know that "Allied Transportation services" ships tons of the cars coming in off the boats here in Vancouver. Because of the volume of cars they ship across the country, it may be worth while to see if you can fit a couple cars on a carrier to get a full load worth, in which case it would be cheap. Might be worth checking out.

Thanks guys, I'll get a quote from them.

Originally posted by NewLextasy
TFX transport. End of discussion. I have used them countless times and not once had a problem. I even use them to ship my Lamborghini to and from the dealer every winter.

I'm not sure if it's a viable option to use them.

The service on your lambo is probably worth more than both cars combined!

Any other suggestions?