PDA

View Full Version : DVD deck questions

shakalaka
12-21-2010, 04:53 AM
I've been thinking of doing this for a while, just haven't had the time to look into it yet. I have two DVD decks in my 350Z right now, one of which is a double din and other a flip out deck. I've been wanting to get a double din instead of the flip out deck as well. Now my Mustang has a double-din in it and I have been thinking of putting that one in the Z and then either put the stock one back in the Mustang or the flip out from the Z.

I am wondering what would be the easier/cheaper option to go with? Stock or the Flip-out in Mustang, does it matter? I don't have a clue about the installation and stuff, so I'd have to take the cars to a shop. Any ideas about how much roughly I would be looking at for getting something like this done? Also, what would be the most economical place to go to?

Another thing I am confused about is how the system would work after I get the double-din put in the Z. For example, if I want to play a video DVD, I put it in the flip-out deck and press play, but to be able to watch the video, I have to go in setup --> rear select --> dvd player on the flip-out, at which point the other screen starts showing the video. Would I still be able to do this if I have the double din instead of the flip out? As far as I know there are no such options in the double din. Now it is possible for me to play the video on the flip out itself as there is a by-pass switch under the steering wheel, but I've never used that and quite frankly not even exactly sure how to activate it (something to do with having the hand brake on and pressing the button or something).

If anyone can shed some light on my queries, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.