PDA

View Full Version : Pickled Eggs/Pickled Sausages

Pollywog
12-21-2010, 10:32 AM
I have an obsession with pickled goods, and I probably go through almost 2 dozen pickled eggs a week which I purchase in 6-pack jars. Does anybody know of a place in town that I can buy the giant jars of them, and as well jars of pickled sausages? I've heard Costco sells them, but due to me not having a Costco card I cannot obtain them. Any suggestions, like a Mom&Pop shop?

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-ash1/v80/55/76/576620384/n576620384_693989_293.jpg

sputnik
12-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Superstore has giant jars of pickled sausages in their deli area (near the fancier cheeses).

JRSC00LUDE
12-21-2010, 11:13 AM
Dude, we came across a smalltown bar once that had pickled chicken gizzards! They're gold!!!

Pollywog
12-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Any other suggestions folks?

Guillermo
12-22-2010, 06:48 PM
did you try Real Canadian Wholesale (similar to COSTCO but you don't need a membership)? I'm not sure if they have them, but I know they carry all kinds of (crappy) pickles. I was talking to the guy who owns Keith's Deli, and asked him where he got his pickles, and he said he got them there. Keith's also sells individual pickled eggs, so he might also get those at RCW. might be worth a try.

Pollywog
12-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Guillermo
I was talking to the guy who owns Keith's Deli, and asked him where he got his pickles, and he said he got them there. Keith's also sells individual pickled eggs, so he might also get those at RCW. .

Keith's Deli happens to be the place that got me obsessed with pickled eggs in the first place, hahaha. Thanks for the tip on RCW!

Guillermo
12-22-2010, 07:15 PM
^^yea man, no problem. i'm also a HUGE fan of pickled products, and I LOVE the pickled cukes at Keith's Deli. I know they're just "crappy" cheapass pickles, but they are by far the SOUREST pickles i've ever had... i also kinda like the mushiness of them, haha. he told me he gets Sunspun brand from RCW, but I bought the 2 different kinds they sell in the "smaller" jar (which is like 2 gallons), and neither were the one he sells. He must be buying different ones in the 5 gallon buckets. Unfortunately, I would need a walk in to store that hahah. i'll just have to keep getting my sour pickle fix at Keith's.

95teetee
12-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Guillermo
did you try Real Canadian Wholesale (similar to COSTCO but you don't need a membership)? I'm not sure if they have them, but I know they carry all kinds of (crappy) pickles. I was talking to the guy who owns Keith's Deli, and asked him where he got his pickles, and he said he got them there. Keith's also sells individual pickled eggs, so he might also get those at RCW. might be worth a try. A deli wouldn't make their own pickled eggs?

hell, my dad made them ,and they were a metric shit ton better than any I've ever bought since then.

Guillermo
01-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by 95teetee
A deli wouldn't make their own pickled eggs?

hell, my dad made them ,and they were a metric shit ton better than any I've ever bought since then.

I don't know, I'll ask next time i'm in there. i was just guessing since he got his pickled cukes from RCW (?)