PDA

View Full Version : SS - The Good and The Bad



Ed the SOHC
09-07-2002, 01:57 AM
Well, it was an interesting night at SS.

Here are my times:
1st run: (bogged on the start)
R/T... .727
60'... 2.63
mph... 94.77 (WOW!)
1/4... 15.2

2nd run: (missed 4th gear)
R/T... .981 (wtf???)
60'... 2.39
mph... 93.22
1/4... 14.7 (Sweeet)

3rd run: (fuck!)
R/T... 1.049 (fell asleep)
60'... 2.65
mph... 94.65
1/4... 15.4 (blew something)

I know my reaction time doesn't affect my 1/4 mile time but my launches are seriously crap!!!
On my 2nd run the guy I was racing finished the 1/4 mile before me but my 1/4 time was quicker.... cool.
My 3rd run I had a good start but I blew something just over half way down the track.... I have yet to diagnose the problem.... might be a blown head gasket :(

Oh well, TC is now officially retired for the season... thanks all!

edit: 60' times

buh_buh
09-07-2002, 06:29 AM
hey man, you didn't do too bad for a SOHC Civic!:thumbsup:

CRXguy
09-07-2002, 09:14 AM
Still got lots of potential!! SOHC power represent!!:thumbsup:

Hope it's nothing too serious, whatever the problem may be.

Ben
09-07-2002, 09:18 AM
What were your 60 foot times?

Ed the SOHC
09-07-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Benny
What were your 60 foot times?
done.

Ben
09-07-2002, 10:52 AM
Damn, now I dont feel so bad with my 60 foot times! 2.51:rofl: My Peice of shit is quck to about 60 feet, and then its game over after that! ahaha

That little SOCK you have there is pretty quick man, Props!:thumbsup:

I would like to check it out in person.

My Best Time:

R/T- .857
60'- 2.517
330- 7.499
1/8- 11.753
MPH- 57.67
1000- 15.437
1/4- 18.600
MPH- 70.84

max_boost
09-07-2002, 11:05 AM
Wow, good job Ed
14.7 is SWEET! Did you run 10psi?

What did LUDELVR run? Or did he even go?

Ed the SOHC
09-07-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Benny
Damn, now I dont feel so bad with my 60 foot times! 2.51:rofl: My Peice of shit is quck to about 60 feet, and then its game over after that! ahaha


it's weird cuz my 60' times my first time out to racecity (7psi) was 2.2secs and I did a 15.3 @ 93mph. Now i get a 2.3secs and 14.7 @93mph??? :confused:


Originally posted by max_boost
Wow, good job Ed
14.7 is SWEET! Did you run 10psi?

What did LUDELVR run? Or did he even go?

that's 10psi...

i can't comment on ludelvr :confused: he can explain for himself

5gluder
09-07-2002, 11:31 AM
Those are some pretty good runs Ed nice job :thumbsup: . Sorry to hear about your misfourtune :(.

max_boost
09-07-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC
i can't comment on ludelvr :confused: he can explain for himself

Don't tell me he didn't show up!
The cheap ass tells me hes broke and asks for sponsorship and he doesn't go race? Its only $20 but he has to another install just for that

max_boost
09-07-2002, 11:37 AM
How was traction last night? Elevation?

14.7 is still SWEET!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Is Leo going to diagnosis your car later on today? Watch out for those braces!!:rofl:

He might be borrowing parts since your car is parked for the rest of this year!!

2000impreza
09-07-2002, 11:37 AM
14.7 is pretty good. 60ft times seem a little high. even i can get 2.3 60ft times in my automatic.

boi-alien
09-07-2002, 12:10 PM
congrats on the 14.7 ed... sorry to hear about your misfortune, hope everything works out ok for ya.

B18C
09-07-2002, 12:18 PM
Good times man. I wish we coulda lined up. My car was running like ass though. Felt good but was slow as hell :madred:

shadowz
09-07-2002, 01:01 PM
Good times Bobby

ninspeed
09-07-2002, 01:37 PM
LUDELVR was out.. just had some wastegate problems (it did not fall off).. I ran a 17.5.. but i had a 5.11 reaction time, my best yet

4wheeldrift
09-07-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed
but i had a 5.11 reaction time, my best yet

I hope you meant .511 :D

Ben
09-07-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza
14.7 is pretty good. 60ft times seem a little high. even i can get 2.3 60ft times in my automatic.


Who has AWD?!:rolleyes:

2000impreza
09-07-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Benny



Who has AWD?!:rolleyes:

:confused: :D

Ed the SOHC
09-07-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed
LUDELVR was out.. just had some wastegate problems (it did not fall off

After you left leo had worse problems. :(

Update:
I just took a look at my car and it may not be as bad as I originally thought... what i thought was detonation was in fact two i/c piping vibrating on each other (creating the "ping" noise) and the coolant that blew out was due to the pressure in the overflow reservoir spewing. I took it for a quick test run and it's fine... :thumbsup: I'll keep my eyes on things though.

Ben
09-07-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC


After you left leo had worse problems. :(

Update:
I just took a look at my car and it may not be as bad as I originally thought... what i thought was detonation was in fact two i/c piping vibrating on each other (creating the "ping" noise) and the coolant that blew out was due to the pressure in the overflow reservoir spewing. I took it for a quick test run and it's fine... :thumbsup: I'll keep my eyes on things though.

Whew, good thing it was nothing more...would be a shame to see your car decommed for a while getting it fixed.

Are you going to SS next friday? I gotta see this puppy roar!:thumbsup:

Ed the SOHC
09-07-2002, 05:11 PM
unfortunately benny I won't have insurance after tuesday. no $$$. I'm considering applying to the telus job that you posted.:)

Ben
09-07-2002, 05:12 PM
Hey man, I'll put in a wicked word or 3...

cocoabrova
09-07-2002, 07:20 PM
Glad to see everything's cool with your engine Bob, which means we COULD'VE just got some water for one more run :rolleyes: How's Leo's problem? Did he get it all fixed up?? :thumbsup:

OMOYYC
09-07-2002, 11:42 PM
Damn, wish I was there to watch. Oh well..

Ed the SOHC
09-07-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
How's Leo's problem? Did he get it all fixed up?? :thumbsup:

I think leo's car is running properly now... last night he could only boost 4psi (boost-controller problems). I think he's boosting 10psi today and it's holding strong... the only tough part is passing tech again :banghead:


Originally posted by Cwave
Damn, wish I was there to watch. Oh well..

I think we got a lot of video on last night's races.... especially towing leo's car off the track. :rofl:

LUDELVR
09-08-2002, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC


I think leo's car is running properly now... last night he could only boost 4psi (boost-controller problems). I think he's boosting 10psi today and it's holding strong... the only tough part is passing tech again :banghead:



I think we got a lot of video on last night's races.... especially towing leo's car off the track. :rofl:

fuck I wish someone lit a match or something on the runway...woulda been one hell of a light [email protected]!!! hahahahahah

Redlyne_mr2
09-08-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC


the only tough part is passing tech again :banghead:
:
ya how in the hell did you pass tech? From what i've seen those race city officials aren't big fans of ghetto hookups