PDA

View Full Version : Nokia N8 owners, how is it?

Mikeyy00
12-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Hello all,

I'm assuming there must be one or two Nokia N8 owners out there...

How do you like your device? Hows the browser? Any regrets?

projekz
12-21-2010, 11:24 PM
Love mine. No regrets at all. As for the browser just download Opera 10 from the OVI store for free, it's great.

:thumbsup:

dirtsniffer
03-03-2011, 08:12 PM
im thinking about getting this phone, have they updated the keyboard to be qwerty in portrait?

eblend
03-03-2011, 08:40 PM
My wife has it, it's pretty good, not as big of an app selection but sweet that it can play mkv, has hdmi output and plays HD games awesome (free download of need for speed carbon is awesome)

dirtsniffer
03-03-2011, 08:59 PM
I think I might wait for the sony xperia play. lol.

KrisYYC
03-04-2011, 03:53 PM
I have an N8.

I'm pretty happy with it, even though Symbian might be considered a chunky OS compared to iOS and Android.

Still, the hardware options are what I like the most, especially the monster of a camera (unbeatable by any other phone) and the USB on the go. You can plug USB sticks via the USB on the go adapter and the phone can read files right off the USB stick, or copy the files onto the phone memory. I copied a 720p rip of a Top Gear episode I downloaded with a torrent and it played flawlessly.

The FM transmitter is neat, and the HDMI out is cool too. The MicroSD slot means you can expand the phones memory up to 48GB.

So, it might not be as slick as other phones, but it can do a lot that others simply can't.