PDA

View Full Version : LF: Logitech Z-5500 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System

coupesx
12-21-2010, 06:40 PM
These are like $320 brand new. Too expensive.
Anyone have a good quality set they want to sell?

Pic:

http://images.highspeedbackbone.net/SkuImages/gallery/large/L23-6334-a.JPG

Everlast
12-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Not sure if this helps you but I kept checking prices online @ tigerdirect and ncix and when it was cheap ($270 cdn) I got future shop to match it and they did.

coupesx
12-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Are you happy with the sound quality? As I did more research I found that people don't think they are worth the price.

Apparently they are quite good for games but for music applications are way overpriced. True?

taemo
12-22-2010, 11:39 AM
^ how picky are you

personally I love mine. it's perfect for movies and gaming on my pc and ps3.
I occasionally listen to itunes as well but mostly its tvshows and movies. We have it installed in the basement and sometimes when I go to the living room I can still hear/feel the sub.
I used to have a z640 and it's 100x better.

teknical
12-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Depends what you're looking for. I've got this same setup in my bedroom with a 32" TV. It gets the job done, but if you want more juice I'd recommend building an actual Home Theatre setup.

Just using this as an example, but these Klipsch (http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/klipsch-hd-theatre-300-5-1-speaker-system/10125642.aspx?path=4c9dcba31a166b36fcdb98dea4f45342en02) speakers paired with any AVR would blow those Z-5500s out of the water.

Euro838
12-22-2010, 11:55 AM
There are really only 2 limiting factors when it comes to this set that I have found.

1) Room Size

If you have a large area i.e greater than say 12ft x 12ft, then this set may not have enough to fill the room.

2) Inputs

There is only 1 optical and 1 Coax input on the receiver (there's also an mini-audio too). And only 2 sound settings; movie and music. If you do not have too many devices or care for more customizable settings, then this set will work.

As for sound quality, to me it beats any other HTIB in the same price range. You would have to spend 3-4 times as much to get anything noticeably better.

I have had my set for a few years now and have not had any issues with it. The lack of inputs is a bit annoying but can be resolved if you buy another device for input switching.

I am still happy with my set so not selling it yet because there's nothing better in the same price range. Hope this helps.