PDA

View Full Version : Walmart tire change.....

Kevin1205
12-22-2010, 09:36 PM
I just went to Walmart for tire change. I know a lot of you wouldn't suggest to go to Walmart or CT, but I did it anyway. I thought it was no big deal.

I am wrong. I came back and found one tire is 24psi and the other three are 34psi, and they didn't change the valves.

I had asked them if they were going to install new valves and they said yes, but no they didn't change them at all.

They charged me $80, and it's almost the same rate the other tire shops would charge.

Do you think I should go back and ask for the partial refund? If so, what amount is reasonable?

codetrap
12-22-2010, 09:40 PM
I think you're SOL.

Modelexis
12-22-2010, 09:45 PM
I wouldn't ask for a partial refund, I would remember next time not to go to walmart for automotive work.

You knew the risk, you took the risk, so the right thing to do would be to accept your mistake and be more conscious of your decisions.

jwslam
12-22-2010, 09:45 PM
SOL cuz you didn't call them out on it right away at pickup.

Kevin1205
12-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Should I file a dispute to my CC company? I am kinda angry about this but don't know if it's worthy to file a dispute because of this.

HiTempguy1
12-22-2010, 09:58 PM
You should actually complain because THEY JEWED YOU ON THE PRICE!

Tire changes and balances at Walmart are normally $60 with tax for a seasonal change, $45 if just a balance.

LOL!

Modelexis
12-22-2010, 10:13 PM
^
I know it's just a quote but ostrasize is not a word.

HiTempguy1
12-22-2010, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis
^
I know it's just a quote but ostrasize is not a word.

Tell it to b_t, the dumb bitch! :eek:

JK, JK!

raceman6135
12-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Does your work order/receipt say "installed new valve stems?"

If not, you're screwed, and your credit card company isn't going to care about $4 worth of valve stems and free air.

As others have said, you should have immediately gone back to the service counter to get the situation rectified.

Most retailers are not going to agree to any sort of refund, and why should they? You haven't discussed other options with them, so you come across as cheap and unreasonable.

You may be able to get them to replace the valve stems with new ones, and even the tire pressure.

Did you ask what their price was? Was the price posted for all to see? If not, it's a moot point what they charged you compared to other tire shops. By your own admission, however, you state that they charged "almost the same rate as other tire shops would charge." That infers that they were comparable or perhaps lower-priced than other shops. But that isn't good enough for you.

I'm not going to rag on your choice of Wal-Mart (or CT or anywhere else) because I've known some very conscientious tire-busters who have worked for CT, and conversely I've had much higher priced shops completely mess up simple tire rotations.

I'd say you've learned a valuable lesson, and just because you feel you've been screwed doesn't mean you were.

Kevin1205
12-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Thanks guys. Lesson learned.