PDA

View Full Version : Right Hand Drive??

LudeRoca
01-06-2004, 09:29 PM
at this site www.importconcern.ca there a some really cheap 300 zx's for sale. The only thing is that they are right hand drive. it is legal to drive a right hand drive car but i just wanna know what your guys opinion is on that. WOuld you like it or hate it. Do you think it would be cool or stupid. And all the cars on the site are legit. The prices for the car's are pretty good. I think i might order one in summer.

Weapon_R
01-06-2004, 09:35 PM
From what i've heard, driving a RHD vehicle in Canada initially seems pretty cool but slowly becomes a pain in the ass as inconvenience slowly sets in.

The vehicle prices on importconcern.ca are excellent, however, and so far there have been no complaints lodged against them here.

GTS Jeff
01-06-2004, 09:49 PM
yea itll be a bit more of a hassle, but that is the price u pay for the coolness of rhd. to put things in perspective, driving manual can be a hassle compared to auto, but thats the price u pay for the fun u can have with it.

redbaron303
01-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Driving a RHD car isn't "that" bad...

I figured passing on a two lane highway was impossible... I found out it's not, it's risky and challenging but punch it and go :)

Doing a drive through... it's doable, one way or another...

I see things like parking garages being a lil more challenging b/c you'll have to lean into the passenger side if you're solo to get the parking tickets, but nothing too bad.

All in all, for some novelty and coolness... I can give up a very small bit of practicallity, especially for the price of some of these cars :D And the 20 minutes it takes to get used to RHD isn't bad at all.

We'll be around at local events in Calgary and Edmonton this summer w/ at least one of our cars... come check us out then and there if you don't have a cool JDM toy by then, you'll want one after playing with ours :)

LudeRoca
01-06-2004, 10:32 PM
yea i'd really like to drive a RHD car before i buy one. BUt i think it would be neat to have one and something different. Plz let us know when your going to be in calgary. I'd really like to come talk to you guys when you do.

vtec
01-06-2004, 10:46 PM
it would be cool and all...but how would you do a left turn at a intersection if there was a car also makin a turn opposite from you??:confused:

Alpine Autowerks
01-07-2004, 12:12 AM
You use the north lane at Peter's Drive in without having a passenger, but you are boned when it comes to most other drive tru's

FiveFreshFish
01-07-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by vtec
it would be cool and all...but how would you do a left turn at a intersection if there was a car also makin a turn opposite from you??:confused:

Yep, RHD limits your vision when it comes to left turns. You have to be prepared to do lots of leaning into the passenger side.

On the other hand, parallel parking would be so easy!

szw
01-07-2004, 12:36 AM
Shifting with your left hand is actually very easy, even if it seems like it would be weird. Unless you are handicapped mentally or physically don't worry about it.

calgarys13
01-07-2004, 12:44 AM
hey red baron when are u guys showing up at a few places????i definatley wanna be there..ive been talking to one of ur guys about a gt-r and i wanna see the whole layout of a rhd

CelicaST-162
01-07-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Alpine Autowerks
You use the north lane at Peter's Drive in without having a passenger, but you are boned when it comes to most other drive tru's

haha you can step out of the car and run to the window....i wonder what would a cops reaction when he walks up to the car on the left side assuming the left side is the drivers side but its right hand drive? haha