PDA

View Full Version : Winter U-Pass question?

Zero102
12-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Just wondering if there is anything different about the winter U-Pass this year? I saw a WTB thread in the marketplace and the guy was saying he also needed the update sticker. What is this, and if I have a U of C id and want a U of C U-Pass, do I need one as well?
(Obviously I am not a student or I would already know this)

dandia89
12-23-2010, 05:22 PM
yes there is a new upass from January 1 to April 30 which happens to be the same colored sticker, with a different number. you need a student id and must enrolled in classes to get this sticker.

J-hop
12-23-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by dandia89
yes there is a new upass from January 1 to April 30 which happens to be the same colored sticker

yea its weird, I couldn't tell the difference between the two except for the number.

OP what the guy may be referring to is the expiration date sticker that goes on the back of the ID (over the exp. date printed on the card). If you started in sept your sticker should be good till sept 2011.

The U-pass sticker must go on a U of C ID card, which I assume the guy has, however you must scan(?) your ID when you go to get the U pass and they put the stickers on your ID (cant just have them put it on his), and good luck getting those stickers off without ruining them. I guess with enough heat and patience it is doable.

gqmw
12-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by J-hop

yea its weird, I couldn't tell the difference between the two except for the number.

OP what the guy may be referring to is the expiration date sticker that goes on the back of the ID (over the exp. date printed on the card). If you started in sept your sticker should be good till sept 2011.

The U-pass sticker must go on a U of C ID card, which I assume the guy has, however you must scan(?) your ID when you go to get the U pass and they put the stickers on your ID (cant just have them put it on his), and good luck getting those stickers off without ruining them. I guess with enough heat and patience it is doable.

In the fs thread, pretty sure the guy is talking about the sticker on the back, they don't actually check that on the transit anyways. So you don't really need it, but to be 100% safe you can grab that as well off whoever you're buying it from.

Getting the sticker off is easy, I didn't even use heat and it peeled right off, took about 2 secs.

J-hop
12-24-2010, 12:14 AM
yea the back one is easier to get off, the front one though, not so much lol.

yea transit won't check the back one, however the guy might want student discounts at movies or something, in which case they DO check the back- forgot to get mine updated and they wouldn't give me the deal. Empire studio 16 used to have a sick deal, it was 10.50 for ticket regular pop and regular popcorn. Now its up to 14 but still a decent deal

gqmw
12-24-2010, 02:09 AM
yea the back one is easier to get off, the front one though, not so much lol.

yea transit won't check the back one, however the guy might want student discounts at movies or something, in which case they DO check the back- forgot to get mine updated and they wouldn't give me the deal. Empire studio 16 used to have a sick deal, it was 10.50 for ticket regular pop and regular popcorn. Now its up to 14 but still a decent deal

I was talking about the front one haha...it's easier to get off now than it was before. The way bigger surface area makes it a lot easier to get off than 09 or 08 when it was that small sticker.

But good thing I didn't give the person I sold it to my back sticker, I want that movie deal! Haha

Zero102
12-24-2010, 08:38 AM
I just want the UPass for transit reasons. I graduated this spring so I still have a reasonably current ID card.
Does anybody have a pic of the current one? It seems really strange that it would be exactly the same sticker. If so then I guess I don't have to bother buying another one for the winter :D

J-hop
12-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
I just want the UPass for transit reasons. I graduated this spring so I still have a reasonably current ID card.
Does anybody have a pic of the current one? It seems really strange that it would be exactly the same sticker. If so then I guess I don't have to bother buying another one for the winter :D

yea it honestly is no diff, but any smart transit cop will check the exp date on the sticker

dandia89
12-24-2010, 01:28 PM

yea it honestly is no diff, but any smart transit cop will check the exp date on the sticker
yes most transit cops will check it. the first day i got it, a transit cop had to spend a bit of time understanding what was going on my id, since it looked like i had two identical stickers but the first one's date was faded out.

Zero102
12-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Oh right, expiration date, bugger. Sometimes I don't think ahead. Guess I'll put up a WTB thread for one after all

Afrodeziak
01-14-2011, 09:34 AM
The sticker can be taken off with a razor blade

msommers
01-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Sorry to hijack...

I went from F/T to P/T last semester. Ended up dropping classes during the grace-period however I had paid my tuition in full before dropping.

I go to get my u-Pass for this semester and they said because I went from F/T to P/T last semester, I shouldn't have had it and now need to pay another $105 if I want it this semester. Fine, it's still in my tuition I have yet to pay. So I pay it in full and go back to get it, only to hear the same thing over again.

So I paid for it 1st semester when I shouldn't have had it but I'll essentially be paying for it twice if I want to get it this semester? I've already paid for it once but I can't get it.

Going to call the registrar when they open but has anyone had something like this happen before?

EDIT: Called the Registrar and got it all sorted out. Apparently this is more common than it should be. Biggest thing, DON'T PAY THE FUCKS WHERE YOU GET YOUR PASS! That is all.