PDA

View Full Version : Drunk Driving May Have Caused Accident Shutting Down Lrt, Slowing Memorial Dr. Traffi

Markham
12-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Merry Christmas!

http://www.calgarybeacon.com/2010/12/drunk-driving-may-have-caused-accident-shutting-down-lrt-slowing-memorial-dr-traffic/

Markham

TorqueDog
12-24-2010, 07:34 PM
Bah humbug.

Police believe alcohol may have been a factor in an accident that sent four people to hospital Thursday night, shut down LRT service and slowed traffic going both ways on Memorial Drive.

Around 10:15 p.m. a female driver travelling westbound on Memorial Drive N.E. between Barlow Trail and Deerfoot Trail lost of control of her vehicle. The vehicle rolled onto the LRT tracks resulting in all LRT service being shut down. In addition, police say, vehicle travel was seriously impacted on both westbound and east bound Memorial Drive.

All four occupants of the vehicle have been transported to hospital and are listed in non-lifethreatening condition.

Alcohol may have been a factor in this accident and the investigation is continuing, according to the Calgary Police Service.

revelations
12-24-2010, 07:52 PM
Shouldve gotten a pic, that crash looked pretty epic with the car firmly on its roof.

speedog
12-25-2010, 09:25 AM
From the Calgary Herald - link (http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/4021968.bin?size=620x400s) to picture of said truck.

Speed_69
12-25-2010, 10:47 AM
I saw this driving home from downtown that night. First thoughts were this person must be drunk to rollover their truck onto the LRT tracks.

sr20s14zenki
12-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Yep, and they will get their licenses back fairly soon, and be on the streets again. Good job current licensing system. I think if you are caught drunk driving, your license should be revoked for 5 years the first time, and then permanently the second time. No 3 strike rule here, lives are at stake. Maybe when people know that their license will be gone with no chance of getting it back for 5 years, they will think twice. People drive drunk now because there arent many consequences (that apply to them anyways...screw other peoples lives....right? )

pathetic.

revelations
12-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by speedog
From the Calgary Herald - link (http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/4021968.bin?size=620x400s) to picture of said truck.

Thanks... looked like a car for the 1 sec I noticed it while driving on the DF

Graham_A_M
12-26-2010, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
Yep, and they will get their licenses back fairly soon, and be on the streets again. Good job current licensing system. I think if you are caught drunk driving, your license should be revoked for 5 years the first time, and then permanently the second time. No 3 strike rule here, lives are at stake. Maybe when people know that their license will be gone with no chance of getting it back for 5 years, they will think twice. People drive drunk now because there arent many consequences (that apply to them anyways...screw other peoples lives....right? )

pathetic. The ticket for driving without a license is around $300 iirc, it's little more then a slap on the wrist

sr20s14zenki
12-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
The ticket for driving without a license is around $300 iirc, it's little more then a slap on the wrist

Yep, theres gotta be some reform i think. If you actually think about it, driving without a license should be joined with a no insurance ticket, because if you drive with no license, your insurance is void. Again, that still may be a cheaper option for some of these homos because some of them are faced with 10,000$ a year insurance...which isnt enough IMO.