PDA

View Full Version : Why N.Human History is Chronologically wrong....

Toma
12-24-2010, 03:36 PM
http://timothytaylor.ca/10/08/31/time-warp

I read these theories a while ago, and it's intriguing to say the least.

The apparante duplication of Judaic kings and Roman emperors really is interesting.

Cool read if you are not lazy.

revelations
12-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Interesting ideas.

While its good to always be asking questions about "accepted" norms.... I think this guy goes too far.

Yes the Gregorian calendar is out by a few dozen years either way, and there are large inconsistencies in human history - but not 1000 years.

wiki

Although Fomenko is a well-respected mathematician, his historical theories have been universally rejected by mainstream scholars, who brand them as pseudoscience.
Russian critics tended to see Fomenko's New Chronology as "an embarrassment and a potent symbol of the depths to which the Russian academy and society have generally sunk ... since the fall of Communism."

Western critics see his views as part of a renewed Russian imperial ideology, "keeping alive an imperial consciousness and secular messianism in Russia."

In 2004 Anatoly Fomenko with his coauthor Gleb Nosovsky were awarded for their books on "New Chronology" the anti-prize of the Moscow International Book Fair called "Abzatz" (literally 'paragraph', a euphemism for a Russian F-word meaning disaster or fiasco) in the category "Honorary illiterate" ("Pochotnaya bezgramota") awarded for the worst book published in Russia.

Critics have accused Fomenko of altering the data to improve the fit with his ideas and have noted that he violates a key rule of statistics by selecting matches from the historical record which support his chronology, while ignoring those which do not, creating artificial, better-than-chance correlations, and that these practices undermine Fomenko's statistical arguments.

The new chronology was given a comprehensive critical analysis in a round table on "The 'Myths' of New Chronology" chaired by the dean of the department of history of Moscow State University in December 1999.

One of the participants in that round table, the distinguished Russian archaeologist, Valentin Yanin, compared Fomenko's work to "the sleight of hand trickery of a David Copperfield."

CUG
12-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by revelations
Interesting ideas.

Critics have accused Fomenko of altering the data to improve the fit with his ideas and have noted that he violates a key rule of statistics by selecting matches from the historical record which support his chronology, while ignoring those which do not, creating artificial, better-than-chance correlations, and that these practices undermine Fomenko's statistical arguments.

I hope you understand why this has appeal to the OP.

revelations
12-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by CUG
I hope you understand why this has appeal to the OP.

Other than hes from eastern Europe originally... I'm not sure.

Toma
12-24-2010, 05:13 PM
It's not just Fomenko.... plus its interesting that the historans major counter argument is "thats like historians trying to tell mathematicians how to do their job"

and its even more iunteresting in that various astronomers have CONFIRMED Formenkos analysis and data about astronomic events, even if they still disagree with his theories.

I didnt know that Newton was the first to suggest this "theory", and I find it funny how quickly the current historians dismiss him as an 'idiot'.

It would not surprise me one bit if it were true.... not one bit.

ZenOps
12-24-2010, 11:56 PM
IMO There is almost no question that the timelines of different areas are completely different.

In fact - I'm not even entirely sure to this day that the Chinese Lunar year is correctly synched with the Greenwich Solar year. Out of 1000 people today, how many people from a solar calendar will know when the lunar year starts (and vice versa)

I blame the Brits. They managed to screw up a pound not being a pound of weight for everything, and a ounce not the same as a troy ounce for gold. I have no doubt that they managed to screw up timelines to their advantage as well.

It probably all has to go back to harvest and temperate climates: Where if you pay by the harvest year, you want to maximize your labour force working. It would be much more difficult to get away with it on seasonal countries. In Canada - if you can't count the winter and summers then you have a bigger problem than being able to tell time.

mazdavirgin
12-25-2010, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Toma
I didnt know that Newton was the first to suggest this "theory", and I find it funny how quickly the current historians dismiss him as an 'idiot'.

It would not surprise me one bit if it were true.... not one bit.

:facepalm: Man did someone ever fail in science class... It's like some people actually look for bad science and conspiracy theories.

Newton was also limited by the perspective of the time. He did after all try for years to transmute lead into gold... That doesn't make him an idiot it just makes him a victim of the limited knowledge of the time.

Frankly thinking the Egyptian empire only lasted a couple hundred years is inane with our modern knowledge. You can trace back the blood lines of the Egyptian empire for about 3000 years. How you can explain away thousands of years of actual concrete proof in building and in burial chambers is insane though.

Oh and a big freaking huge flaw in the whole 936 AD argument. What the hell do you make of the whole rise of the French empire and the age of cathedrals? I mean you do know that there are cathedrals that predate 936AD? How the hell do you explain that away?

PS: The whole argument about carbon dating is the same one young earth creationists make concerning the fact that the earth is 4.5 billion years and not 6000 years.

CUG
12-25-2010, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by mazdavirgin

:facepalm: Man did someone ever fail in science class...
Not defending the guy at all, but he actually didn't fail science. I remember him posting that he has a BSci or something.

PremiumRSX
12-26-2010, 05:09 AM
interesting read, does this mean 'doomsday 2012' wont happen for another 1000-some years?