PDA

View Full Version : SAIT to U of L Transfer

max_boost
01-07-2004, 12:05 AM
With my SAIT business diploma, I have the option of transferring to U of L to complete a management degree with a choice of concentration in Finance, Accounting, Management etc. My question is, how long is my diploma good for? Is there such thing as a time limit for diploma transfers? :dunno:

Hakkola
01-07-2004, 12:17 AM
I highly doubt it, unless U of L decides not to honour SAIT diplomas anymore. I didn't think you could go to any Universities with SAIT diplomas, can you get into U of C with it?

FiveFreshFish
01-07-2004, 12:24 AM
There may be limits as to when you took the courses for your diploma, and not necessarily when you graduated.

For the U of C, you get credit for a course to apply to your degree for only X number of years from when you took it. That's for the U of C's own courses but it may be the same for transfer credits. Each faculty may its own time limits.

U of L might be completely different though.

Gainsbarre
01-07-2004, 09:12 AM
At the U of C, a course can only be applied to your degree within 10 years of graduation (with your U of C degree). So as long as you start at the U of C within 7 years of taking other post secondary courses, and you take a full course load, you should be fine. The sooner the better though.

Actually, I don't believe that the U of C will accept ANY courses for credit. A friend of mine completed a diploma in engineering at SAIT and tried to transfer to the U of C. Turns out that not a single SAIT course could be used for credit at the U of C.:thumbsdow . This was a few years ago, and it's a completely different programme, but I think the idea is the same here.

max_boost
01-07-2004, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the info

I believe it is 10 years for U of L as well. That means I have 8 years to complete the degree which would work out for me because I plan to take a 5 year break from school to work.

spyguy
01-07-2004, 02:37 PM
you should probably call U of L or SAIT and find out from them..I think they would be your best resource

Paul
01-07-2004, 09:27 PM
chances are if you decide to take a 5 year break from school, you'll never wanna go back to finish it (get your degree). I strongly recommend you get your butt down to U of L ASAP and just get the shit over with, that way when you have your degree you can start making more money than with your SAIT diploma. No offence to those of you with SAIT diploma's, i have mine from MRC in some business MGT bullshit, but it doesn't go nearly as far as my soon to be UofL Bachelor of MGT will take me, finish in APRIL!!!!!!!!!!

max_boost
01-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Hey Paul, I totally understand what you are trying to say. However, my situation is much different than your traditional student. Given my current schedule, I just don't have the time to sit down and attend classes. I'm busy managing a restaurant right now and the money is great, partly because it is a family business and things are going so well. I plan to do something new in about 5-6 years, not for financial gain but as a personal fulfillment to accomplish something else. :thumbsup:

R-Audi
01-08-2004, 03:46 AM
There is always the UofL satelite campus at Sait. If not, get Lanny to look into it for you!

babiedoll
01-12-2004, 01:36 PM
is there a reason why you're taking 5 years off? couldn't you just take off 1 or 2? I can see how you'd be so busy...why don't you just do it part time through the sait campus while you're running the biz...that's what I would do...;)

Paul
01-12-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
There is always the UofL satelite campus at Sait. If not, get Lanny to look into it for you!

Originally posted by babiedoll
is there a reason why you're taking 5 years off? couldn't you just take off 1 or 2? I can see how you'd be so busy...why don't you just do it part time through the sait campus while you're running the biz...that's what I would do...;)

:werd: totally check into the UofL campus offered at SAIT, that way when you complete those classes in like 2 years (depending on the program) you only need to take 1-2 yrs down at UofL. My buddy did this for his Marketing program and finished in 1 year down at Lethbridge. Courses are offered evenings and weekends so maybe this fits better with your schedule.

max_boost
01-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Thanks for your help guys, I will definitely look into the evening/weekend class thing:thumbsup:

babiedoll
01-12-2004, 03:38 PM
good luck to you on that...on both school and your restraunt...:clap: