PDA

View Full Version : RIP Columbia House Canada Dec. 09, 2010

Muji
12-27-2010, 03:28 PM
I missed this in the news, nice to know.

I was thinking of rejoining today, I was a member a year ago, for $60 or so I think I got 12 Blu-ray DVDs. It was a too good of a deal to last:

http://www.alvarezandmarsal.com/en/canada/DBMedia/

December 9, 2010

Dear Customer,

Please be advised that on December 9, 2010, DB Media Distribution Inc., DB Media Distribution (Canada) (formerly The Columbia House Company (Canada)) and their related partners (hereafter referred to collectively as ÒDB MediaÓ) were assigned into bankruptcy in Canada. Alvarez & Marsal Canada Inc. (ÒA&M CanadaÓ) was appointed Trustee in Bankruptcy (ÒTrusteeÓ) of DB MediaÕs estate.

As a consequence of the bankruptcy, we regretfully inform you that DB Media will not be fulfilling any customer orders through its book and DVD clubs as of December 9, 2010 as the Canadian operations have ceased. The bankruptcy of the Canadian operations was taken in response to poor economic conditions.

A&M Canada, serving as Trustee, is now in the process of collecting amounts owed to the book and DVD clubs. If you have an outstanding amount owing to DB Media, we would appreciate immediate payment of your account in full.

Looked into the USA order possibilities, NO GO:

I am not a resident of the United States; can I join the Club?

At the present time, only residents of the United States and those who are active U.S. military personnel living overseas (with APO/FPO addresses) can be members of the Club.

Unknown303
12-27-2010, 03:39 PM
Thank god. I might finally not get sent to collections for an account I cancelled 8 years ago.