PDA

View Full Version : Help with wiring on my Dual Projector headlights

wienertime
01-07-2004, 05:05 AM
Hey i have a 98 honda civic Lx and i took out my stock headlights, now i want to install DUAL HALO PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS. I hooked up the main 3 prong part but i dont konw how to attach the new wires that are on it. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

autospeed
01-19-2004, 01:27 AM
how many new wires are on it? i'm guessin you might have to wire them into an existing or new switch setup. yea count the total # of wires and see what's up double check the existing connections and if all is right then you probably need to find a way to link these new wires up to a switch. you could probably splice them into your existing one but then you be running everything all the time. wire them into a new switch pm me for more info i think i can help.
angle eyes look awsome:thumbsup:

autospeed
01-19-2004, 01:29 AM
i'd assume you'd have to ground one and run the others to a power source and back with a switch somehow send me or post a pic.

Illusionsir
01-19-2004, 03:53 AM
take the one black and red wire from each halo and twist them together, (black on black, red on red) put a ring connector on the end of the black wire and ground it to your chassis anywhere (just find a 10 mm bolt some where close)

The red wire(s) are spliced into your running light power from your signals or your headlight harness.

to find your running light power, use a test light with the 3 prong pin out of the head light and drop your ebrake (if manual) to get your running lights to come on with the key in the ignition.

which ever of the 2 prongs has power is your running light. or you can do what i did and just run it to your signal light harness. no difference except when tapping to the signal, you can control when their on by flicking your light switch ahead one.

hope that helps. any other questions just pm me.