PDA

View Full Version : Even Bartending will become a lost art.

CUG
12-29-2010, 02:12 AM
Bottom filling beer cups
wiu_IX14wLI

Muji
12-29-2010, 08:10 AM
A monkey could do that rear entry situation, a bartender has a skill.

GOnSHO
12-29-2010, 08:57 AM
i think this will only stay in the high paced world of concession... haha!

kevie88
12-29-2010, 09:55 AM
That's pretty neat! I'm sure that really helps push out the product in a hurry!

Cos
12-29-2010, 11:09 AM
I wonder how the bottom seals?

TorqueDog
12-29-2010, 11:18 AM
That's brilliant. And I hate it.

DENZILDON
12-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Less bubbles too! :eek:

Tik-Tok
12-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Cos
I wonder how the bottom seals?

You can see the "rubber" disc at the bottom of the cup, sealing it. it's probably just thick enough it doesn't fold over when drinking, but still rubbery enough to seal it.

Edit: Nevermind, it's actually a magnet, found this article.

But how does this magical machine work? Obviously, the cups have holes, but how do they reseal? Magnets. The plastic glasses have the floppy fridge-magnet inside, the circle which sticks itself to a analogous donut-shape frame around a filling-hole. Here’s a birds-eye view, grabbed from the video upon the product site.
http://www.laptopdrv.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/how-it-works-beer-dispenser-fills-glass-from-bottom-1.jpg

And from the product site.

http://www.grinonindustries.com/cup_openseal.jpg

msommers
12-29-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm curious what the cups look like on the bottom...how?!

Nevermind, they do a demo in related video. Cool idea whoever thought of it!

Cos
12-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

You can see the "rubber" disc at the bottom of the cup, sealing it. it's probably just thick enough it doesn't fold over when drinking, but still rubbery enough to seal it.

you have better eyes than I my friend.

ercchry
12-29-2010, 11:52 AM
the magic of google! all the secrets relieved!

http://www.krisabel.ctv.ca/post/Refrigerator-Magnets-Secret-Behind-Bottoms-Up-Beer-Technology.aspx

TE4MFaint
12-29-2010, 02:05 PM
This is very rad for large sporting events, flames games, baseball games, etc etc, definitely helps push the line through quick.

Cos
12-29-2010, 02:19 PM
So you have to re-use their cups? I wonder what that does for cost.

ercchry
12-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Cos
So you have to re-use their cups? I wonder what that does for cost.

you dont reuse them, the end consumer gets to keep the customized magnet as a reminder that they did indeed attend that event, even if the beer clouds that part of their memory. i think the volume of sales would more than counter the extra cost of the cups

jsn
12-29-2010, 05:40 PM
That would be pretty cool to have at the saddle dome. I can't really see it being that useful for any pubs though.

eb0i
12-29-2010, 05:55 PM
That would be great for events like Stampede as well. Lines would move so much nicer.

ipeefreely
12-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by jsn
I can't really see it being that useful for any pubs though.

Won't work for Guinness... Good for fast shit beer! :dunno:

Canucks3322
12-30-2010, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Muji
A monkey could do that rear entry situation, a bartender has a skill.

Really??...What kind of skill do you need exactly to be a bartender? All you need is a pretty face. The IQ level required for the job is one step above a model or doorman.

JordanAndrew
12-30-2010, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Canucks3322

Really??...What kind of skill do you need exactly to be a bartender? All you need is a pretty face. The IQ level required for the job is one step above a model or doorman.

There are skilled ones out there, probably not here in this city. Vegas has amazing bartenders, also known as flairtender who can put on a good show while making you your drinks.

J-hop
12-30-2010, 12:30 AM

really depends what establishments you frequent. If you are talking wisky, back alley, roadhouse style than yea you are right, most people their are too drunk/stupid to notice if you mess up a mix so the required level of skill is low, but the payoff can be high.

At other, more classy venues, its a different ball game.

Isaiah
12-30-2010, 12:57 AM

You don't have any idea what you're talking about. I've worked in the industry and have seen lots of people that couldn't hack it behind the bar. In fact, even in a restaurant during a rush it gets pretty tricky to get the drinks for the restaurant servers, the lounge girls, serve 12-15 customers at the wood, and handle takeout orders. You have no idea the level of multitasking that's involved in that job.

ExtraSlow
12-30-2010, 07:03 AM
Real bartending is a tough gig. Pulling beers at a sporting event, or a vickers establishment, less so.

TorqueDog
12-30-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Isaiah
You don't have any idea what you're talking about. I've worked in the industry and have seen lots of people that couldn't hack it behind the bar. In fact, even in a restaurant during a rush it gets pretty tricky to get the drinks for the restaurant servers, the lounge girls, serve 12-15 customers at the wood, and handle takeout orders. You have no idea the level of multitasking that's involved in that job. Agreed 110%, from experience.

GOnSHO
12-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah

You don't have any idea what you're talking about. I've worked in the industry and have seen lots of people that couldn't hack it behind the bar. In fact, even in a restaurant during a rush it gets pretty tricky to get the drinks for the restaurant servers, the lounge girls, serve 12-15 customers at the wood, and handle takeout orders. You have no idea the level of multitasking that's involved in that job.

I was a bartender for quite a while and can attest to this statement...

there's a reason i went from the new guy to the head bartender/Bar manager and the other new people quit/got fired. Bartending is not only difficult when busy, but can be very stressful as well. A full restaurant can pose quite a challenge for most bartenders

AutodreamFrank
12-30-2010, 02:45 PM
I have been in Industry for years now and I gotta say Bartending is really stressful sometimes.

Not to mention the amount of multitasking you have to do, you also have to babysit the bar... When I got my ASIP I had to learn how to deal with drunk people who are going to go over there limit and pick fights and all that other jazz.... Your pretty much responsible for everybody you over-serve in your bar and restaurant.

There are some really fun parts about being a bartender though, I worked in a hotel bar and I got to chill and talk with some really cool business people. Single cougars who need some company when they are away on business came down to the bar for dinner, and I got to pour them new drinks they never heard of.

viff3r
12-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Hope they have this set-up on Feb 20 at McMahon :goflames:

Zewind
12-30-2010, 03:15 PM
On a business stance this is cool.

I hope to install them :thumbsup: