PDA

View Full Version : UofC students....I need a TR class...help.

Mckenzie
01-07-2004, 11:53 AM
I have 5 classes on MWF and only one on TR. I need to balance out the load a bit so I am looking for one on TR in the morning. Preferably an easy GPA booster like a 200 level course. As you all know, you cannot look at classes which are full, so if you know of any classes that are on TR, could you please post so I can try to get into them next week. Thanx. :)

Gainsbarre
01-07-2004, 12:37 PM
Hm...

If you're in the Haskayne School of Business you could try ACCT 421 (taxation), the TR 9:30am section is open. ACCT 317 is the only pre-req for it. The prof (Hussein Warsame) is said to be one of the best profs in the faculty (check out his ratings on the infonet). The class isn't a GPA booster though. The textbook used in that course is about as thick as the Yellow Pages (seriously). I'd take the class, but it would mess up my schedule (I have 5 classes, all on Monday/Wednesday/Friday)..maybe next year.

There are two sections of LTSO/TOUR 309 on Tuesday/Thursday mornings, but they're full.

KELSTAR
01-07-2004, 12:50 PM
Try Politial Science 225. I have it at eleven T/R and I have heard ok things about it. No pre-requisites. :thumbsup:

Mckenzie
01-07-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Gainsbarre
Hm...

If you're in the Haskayne School of Business you could try ACCT 421 (taxation), the TR 9:30am section is open. ACCT 317 is the only pre-req for it. The prof (Hussein Warsame) is said to be one of the best profs in the faculty (check out his ratings on the infonet). The class isn't a GPA booster though. The textbook used in that course is about as thick as the Yellow Pages (seriously). I'd take the class, but it would mess up my schedule (I have 5 classes, all on Monday/Wednesday/Friday)..maybe next year.

There are two sections of LTSO/TOUR 309 on Tuesday/Thursday mornings, but they're full.

I forgot to say that it has to be a non-management option. That class sounds alright though. I enjoyed accounting last semester and I got an A- with a good amount of effort....:barf:

As for the polis sci, that doesn't sound too bad. I am a little reluctant though because the TAs that mark all of the term work are Nazis. I have been in 2 poli classes and they both had hard mmarking TAs.

thich
01-07-2004, 01:17 PM
take a history course that you have some background in. Makes it easy/fun if you like a particularly type of history.
Most of my history courses i found easy b/c i have background knowledge and interest

i'm running out of East Asian history/society classes to take hehehe... :eek:

Mckenzie
01-07-2004, 01:36 PM
Thich....

I am a little reluctant to take a history class after what happened to me in my HIST 383 (Cold War) class last semester. I got screwed over on an essay worth 50% of the mark by a retarded teacher (Dawn Miller). After approving my essay topic, argument, essay style and thesis, she gave me a C- and she couldn't even remember our conversation :banghead: :banghead: . I am in the middle of a grade appeal right now....

thich
01-07-2004, 08:48 PM
dang man, that's evil...
I feel for yah.

bu there aren't many choices for TR classes though...
whatabout a lower-level science? social science?

Weapon_R
01-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
Thich....

I am a little reluctant to take a history class after what happened to me in my HIST 383 (Cold War) class last semester. I got screwed over on an essay worth 50% of the mark by a retarded teacher (Dawn Miller). After approving my essay topic, argument, essay style and thesis, she gave me a C- and she couldn't even remember our conversation :banghead: :banghead: . I am in the middle of a grade appeal right now....

Extremely unqualified professor and seriously unreasonable.

Take GNST 301.something (History of the internet)

szw
01-08-2004, 11:31 AM
^^

i'm takign it! TR 9:30-11